1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 18:15
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Not sure why I got thumbs down for that post, I'm simply trying to get GB to recognise
    that the thumbs up/down cannot be counted as votes, as it makes the process even
    more ridiculous and pointless than it already is.

I know for example that my thumbs down of the OP wasn't a vote as I had already 'voted' in thread...
    Well they weren't mine. The few I've given during the past year have been to gross slang disruptions to General Forum threads. Also the Ignore feature provided on my Home Page has never been used since joining RHP in July, 2007.
    Ignored Players

You are not ignoring any users
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 18:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    But it's ludicrous. What does "8" even mean? It's lumped in with completely different sets... it's like '8 unstated but maybe stated, oh dear don't know, whatever, it's 8 something'. It's like a parody. 😀
    [?] twhitehead; JS357; lemon lime; FreakyKBH; divegeester; FMF; Proper Knob; wolfgang59; [8]
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 18:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b][?] twhitehead; JS357; lemon lime; FreakyKBH; divegeester; FMF; Proper Knob; wolfgang59; [8]
    [/b]
    And they are counted as being "8" for what reason? How do you know they aren't being counted twice? 😵
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 18:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    And they are counted as being "8" for what reason? How do you know they aren't being counted twice? 😵
    The only way of any of these 8 posters could be "counted twice" would be if any had voted with a Thumbs Up or Down,
    in which case they will hopefully object to being included under "Unstated". Should your nickname be removed?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 18:28
    The only way of any of these 8 posters could be "counted twice" would be if any had voted with a Thumbs Up or Down,
    in which case they will hopefully object to being included under "Unstated". Should your nickname be removed?
    What a farce!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:13
    I objected to being included under 'unstated' in my very first post of the thread.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:34
    Never occurred to me that contributors to this thread were incapable of reading simple instructions and/or dishonest.
    Well first, I don't believe you.

Second, if that's true then you really haven't been paying any attention
    at all to anything that has happened or been said here for all the years
    you have been here.

On second thoughts I can totally believe that.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I objected to being included under 'unstated' in my very first post of the thread.
    Have you already voted with a Thumbs Up or Down?

Note: Maybe a fourth option should be included: "I'm conflicted and prefer to remain a spectator".
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 19:46
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well first, I don't believe you.

Second, if that's true then you really haven't been paying any attention
    at all to anything that has happened or been said here for all the years
    you have been here.

On second thoughts I can totally believe that.
    Believe what you will.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 20:37
    [b]If...

If all countries around the globe had an embedded voter franchise as the centerpiece of their forms of government without the presence of conservative and liberal political parties, all registered voters with a personal stake in the outcome of any election would be independents who voted their conscience on election day. Similarly, if Go ...[text shortened]... g Booths are now open. By the way, the "1" Yes vote is mine. Thanks for your participation. -Bob[/b]
    You devious little sausage you. Raking in the up-votes with the suggestion that to down-vote you is to follow your rules in yet another inane thread.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '15 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You devious little sausage you. Raking in the up-votes with the suggestion that to down-vote you is to follow your rules in yet another inane thread.
    Apparently you're projecting subjective cynicism. "2) Vote privately with an OP Thumbs Down for "No" or a Thumbs Up for "Yes". The vertical orientation of the Thumbs Up seemed metaphorically accurate as if looking upward toward God. Thumbs Down of which yours truly has received many hundreds simply indicate that posts are being read. Otherwise, nothing.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 05:13
    Have you already voted with a Thumbs Up or Down?
    No. Read my first post in the thread.

Note: Maybe a fourth option should be included: "I'm conflicted and prefer to remain a spectator".
    Nope, I didn't pick that one either.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 06:48

Do you believe God exists:

YES

Gods do most definitely exist.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No. Read my first post in the thread.

Nope, I didn't pick that one either.
    Originally posted by twhitehead (Page 1)
    Surely you already know the beliefs of all but a few of the posters here?
    I don't think the voting analogy works particularly well as it is closer to being a poll than a vote. You for example could not have honestly voted no.
    As for politics, I think we need to focus less on a vote for president/party every few years, and put more effort into getting peoples views heard in between elections. Most successful democracies actually do have significant channels for input from citizens, but when first world democracies go abroad and try to spread democracy to the rest of the world, they tend to overlook that critical component and instead spend way too much time focusing on elections.
    A truly successful democracy, is one in which the majority of citizens cannot name the president/leader but still have significant input into decision making.

OP: "Does God exist?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 10:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    YES

Gods do most definitely exist.
    Though a pluralized subject negates the original question, your belief will be included as a footnote. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree