1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:42
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, that's not it at all.

There are plenty of theist posters here who do not elicit the same response.

It's not theists posts I thumb down, it's stupid/gibberish/spam/trolling/ect posts.

The fact that almost all of yours qualify and almost none of other posters on your
    side of the fence as it were, suggests that it's not to do with your messag ...[text shortened]... ast comprehensible, even if sane people probably wouldn't
    want to comprehend what he's saying.
    My almost friend, unadulterated acid truth stings.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 00:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    My almost friend, unadulterated acid truth stings.
    I've said the same thing nicely in the past... [as has many other people]

You didn't listen.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 01:00
    I've said the same thing nicely in the past... [as has many other people]

You didn't listen.
    The "past" in context is inconsequential. The sole issue is apprehending truth.
    We seek it and face into it now or ignore it at our peril. The day of reckoning will come. Bank on it.

And, no, I'm not selling a thing.
    My only desire is for you to make an informed decision regarding your eternal destiny.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 06:57
    The "past" in context is inconsequential. The sole issue is apprehending truth.
    We seek it and face into it now or ignore it at our peril. The day of reckoning will come. Bank on it.

My only desire is for you to make an informed decision regarding your eternal destiny.
    Please keep a silver bullet in your gun and a clove of garlic under your pillow. ... And rub your rabbit's paw.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Don't come crying back to this Forum when you become a werewolf or
    vampire. (AS you most certainly will if you do not heed these warnings.)

May the Bolognese Sauce be with you.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 23:552 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 2)
    Update as of February 8, 2015: (16 voters with 10 definitive votes; 6 unstated):

Do you believe God exists: No [3]------------------------------------||------------------------------------ Yes [7]
    Update as of February 9, 2015: (18 voters with 10 definitive votes; 8 unstated):

Do you believe God exists: No [3]------------------------------------||------------------------------------ Yes [7]

Who among us would have ever thought that the mix of those on this forum who "Do you believe God exists" is only 30%?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 00:06
    [b]Update as of February 9, 2015: (18 voters with 10 definitive votes; 8 unstated):

Who among us would have ever thought that the mix of those on this forum who "Do you believe God exists" is only 30%?[/b]
    It isn't.

You are simply demonstrating the futility of using self selecting surveys to
    determine the make-up or opinion/s of a group.

I would also point out that your question is inherently monotheistically
    biased, and probably Christianity biased on top.

You ask "Do you believe God exists?"

Not "a god", or better, "a god or gods" which would include all
    theists.

Instead you limit your question to monotheists, with an implied understanding
    that it's sub limited to Christianity and the Christian bible god.
    Lumping atheists together with any and every other religious faith that doesn't
    worship your one god.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 00:41
    Who among us would have ever thought that the mix of those on this forum who "Do you believe God exists" is only 30%?
    Have you counted KingOnPoint, Pudgenik, galveston75, robbie carrobie, lemon lime, RJHinds, CalJust, divegeester, bill178, sonship, RBHILL, yourself of course, beauroberts, menace71, josephw, Rajk999, FreakyKBH, Suzianne, catstorm, roigam, checkbaiter, whodey, KellyJay, Doward to name but a few?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 01:25
    It isn't.

You are simply demonstrating the futility of using self selecting surveys to
    determine the make-up or opinion/s of a group.

I would also point out that your question is inherently monotheistically
    biased, and probably Christianity biased on top.

You ask "Do you believe God exists?"

Not "a god", or better, "[b]a god ...[text shortened]... ping atheists together with any and every other religious faith that doesn't
    worship your one god.
    "(18 voters with 10 definitive votes; 8 unstated):"

Do you, googlefudge, believe God exists?

No?

Yes?

Decline invitation to participate?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 02:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you counted KingOnPoint, Pudgenik, galveston75, robbie carrobie, lemon lime, RJHinds, CalJust, divegeester, bill178, sonship, RBHILL, yourself of course, beauroberts, menace71, josephw, Rajk999, FreakyKBH, Suzianne, catstorm, roigam, checkbaiter, whodey, KellyJay, Doward, yoctobyte to name but a few?
    Bump for Grampy Bobby: I've added yoctobyte to the list above.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:26
    Who among us thinks that is the actual mix?
    How many regular posters are there?
    How many answered your question?
    Do you have a statistically significant sample?
    Is there any bias in terms of who will answer?
    Have you possibly only demonstrated that people who answer 'no' are more likely to respond to your thread than those that answer 'yes'?
    Once you do know the actual mix, what conclusions if any can you draw?
    What conclusions can you draw from the very low turnout?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Who among us thinks that is the actual mix?
    How many regular posters are there?
    How many answered your question?
    Do you have a statistically significant sample?
    Is there any bias in terms of who will answer?
    Have you possibly only demonstrated that people who answer 'no' are more likely to respond to your thread than those that answer 'yes'?
    Once yo ...[text shortened]... what conclusions if any can you draw?
    "Do you believe God exists?"
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:42
    Grampy Bobby is suddenly pretending not to know what the beliefs of the Spirituality Forum regulars are. 🙂
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead to Grampy Bobby
    ...that his numerous passive aggressive threads ~ like this one ~ don't always command the personal significance that he perceives himself as projecting?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    If...

If all countries around the globe had an embedded voter franchise as the centerpiece of their forms of government without the presence of conservative and liberal political parties, all registered voters with a personal stake in the outcome of any election would be independents who voted their conscience on election day. Similarly, if God and Satan did not exist, all human beings would think horizontally without an awareness of the concepts of spirituality, the supernatural or life after.

February and March 2015 are Election Day on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum. Here are the two election booths:

Do you believe God exists: No [0]------------------------------------||------------------------------------ Yes [1]

You have three options: 1) Vote your belief publically buy posting "No" or Yes"; 2) Vote privately with an OP Thumbs Down for "No" or a Thumbs Up for "Yes"; or 3) Stay home and vote inaudibly within the sanctuary of your own rational mind.

Note: Voting results will be summarized every few days. It'll be interesting to finally have a sense of the mix on this forum.
    All three Voting Booths are now open. By the way, the "1" Yes vote is mine. Thanks for your participation. -Bob
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:58
    It'll be interesting to finally have a sense of the mix on this forum.
    Do you seriously believe that people will think you're being anything other than peculiarly disingenuous here as you suggest that you don't yet have "a sense of the mix on this forum"? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree