1. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There you go thinking backwards again.
    I think in the opposite direction to you. So that would be backwards from your perspective, but forwards from mine.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:47
    I vote that yes, God exists. I resent though, the way some issues are falsely presented as being atheists vs. Christians. There are usually intelligent and thoughtful people on both sides of every debate, of various faiths and of no faith.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Humans were created perfect, biologically speaking, but sin has introduced imperfection.

Your statement as it stands is technically correct, but our opinion of whether they started out as perfect varies, as far as I understand it.
    Why do we have an appendix? Why does our optic nerve occupy such a bad position? Why are there so many Congenital conditions? Why does our breath and food use the same pipe? No way are we created physically perfect!!!!!!
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Why do we have an appendix? Why does our optic nerve occupy such a bad position? Why are there so many Congenital conditions? Why does our breath and food use the same pipe? No way are we created physically perfect!!!!!!
    The first question is "Perfect for what?"

Perfectly human? What would that even mean?

We are evidently not perfect for fighting...

We can't be perfect for getting around, birds are so much faster
    and we drown underwater...

What is it that humans were ever perfect for?

I don't see how someone can claim that we are perfect without
    specifying what we are perfect at or for.

EDIT: And it goes without saying, my vote is NO, I do not believe in gods.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 23:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But you agree with me that they are currently not perfect. Therefore, 'who could have made the perfect humans we see today?' is not the sort of question a Christian should be asking is it?
    Truth be told, what he asked was, "Who else could have created a perfect human being?"

There's no mention of now, or then, or any time parameter.

But yes, you're right, currently, humans are not perfect. This doesn't mean they weren't created perfect.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 00:42
    Why do we have an appendix?

Some think it either serves (or at one time served) the purpose of filtering out toxins and/or other undesirable elements.

Why does our optic nerve occupy such a bad position?

It's a biological trade off. Laptops are examples of trading speed and computing power for convenience... my laptop does a lot more than I need it to do, so I certainly have no need for a humongous super computer capable of defeating the strongest Grand Master.

Anything blocked from your vision in one eye can be seen by the other. The mind takes in all of the information (collected by your eyes) and forms a picture for you. And even with one eye closed you're not really missing much of anything. Research has shown that the mind is able to fill in tiny (unseen) blank spaces based on the context (or content) of the picture it sees, and this ability of automatically filling in blank spaces usually improves as you get older and gain more experience.

Why are there so many Congenital conditions?

Stuff happens. Problems with systems can develop over time, but this doesn't mean those problems were there at the outset.

Why does our breath and food use the same pipe?

They don't use the same pipe... your pie hole starts off as one pipe and then branches off into two pipes. One of those pipes leads to your lungs, the other leads to your tummy. Direction of air and food are automatic functions, unless something goes wrong or you do something to cause yourself to choke and sputter and squirt milk out your nose.

No way are we created physically perfect!!!!!!

No one is saying we are. But this doesn't meant that at one time we (humanity, collectively) weren't.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 00:45
    Surely you already know the beliefs of all but a few of the posters here?
    I don't think the voting analogy works particularly well as it is closer to being a poll than a vote. You for example could not have honestly voted no.
    As for politics, I think we need to focus less on a vote for president/party every few years, and put more effort into getting pe ...[text shortened]... citizens cannot name the president/leader but still have significant input into decision making.
    What a blowhard.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 01:15
    How can an imperfect person, like yourself, determine what is physically perfect?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 06:07
    Truth be told, what he asked was, "Who else could have created a perfect human being?"

There's no mention of now, or then, or any time parameter.
    Yes, but it is implied in the question that the person whom he is talking to thinks currently observable humans are perfect. If he was referring to Adam then there is no point to the question. Otherwise he might just have well have asked 'who else but God was talking from the burning bush?'.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 06:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What a blowhard.
    Thats all you've got?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 06:14
    Thats all you've got?
    The other things he's got are ~ calling you silly ~ and calling you rude, as far as I can make out. 🙂
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 06:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If...

If all countries around the globe had an embedded voter franchise as the centerpiece of their forms of government without the presence of conservative and liberal political parties, all registered voters with a personal stake in the outcome of any election would be independents who voted their conscience on election day. Similarly, if God a ...[text shortened]... oting Booths are now open. By the way, the "1" Yes vote is mine. Thanks for your participation. -Bob
    Update: Thanks for the unexpected early turnout (15 voters with 10 definitive votes; 5 unstated):

Do you believe God exists: No [3]------------------------------------||------------------------------------ Yes [7]
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 17:22
    There are others who will "thumbs down" any GB post they see, just on "principle".
    Isn't this what you do to FMF's posts?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If...

If all countries around the globe had an embedded voter franchise as the centerpiece of their forms of government without the presence of conservative and liberal political parties, all registered voters with a personal stake in the outcome of any election would be independents who voted their conscience on election day. Similarly, if God a ...[text shortened]... oting Booths are now open. By the way, the "1" Yes vote is mine. Thanks for your participation. -Bob
    Update as of February 8, 2015: (16 voters with 10 definitive votes; 6 unstated):

Do you believe God exists: No [3]------------------------------------||------------------------------------ Yes [7]
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Isn't this what you do to FMF's posts?
    I daresay I'm not the only one who happens to think FMF is an arrogant prick.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree