1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:421 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Many americans would love to pay less taxes I am sure, but can you find some that do not support spending the money they do pay on the defense budget?

[b]... and once they do so they have No control over how the government apportions that revenue,...

Silly me. I thought the US was at least a tiny bit democratic.[/b]
    what is it about 'its no longer their money' that you fail to grasp? its the governments money and its the American government that decides what to spend it upon. Why this should be hard to understand i cannot say. Yes silly you!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 13:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    who gave them their power? technology and scientists!
    Freely? Or by force?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:261 edit
    what is it about 'its no longer their money' that you fail to grasp? its the governments money and its the American government that decides what to spend it upon. Why this should be hard to understand i cannot say. Yes silly you!
    ...of the people, for the people, by the people, .....

and it was this bit that I 'failed to grasp':
    ...they have No control over how the government apportions that revenue,....

No control whatsoever? Are you serious?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 17:00
    Which is being paid for, largely by american creationists.
    I think the reason is far more banal. Making weapons is good for the economy (well, at least for parts of it.)
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think the reason is far more banal. Making weapons is good for the economy (well, at least for parts of it.)
    I never said anything about reasons. My point is that creationists are paying for making weapons. The scientists make weapons because they get paid to do so, the motivation behind making weapons rather than some other more useful task the scientists could be doing, is coming from, at least in part, creationists - despite Robbies ridiculous protestation that the US government is an entity with a mind of its own whose motivations have nothing to do with the people in the US.

Making weapons is not good for the US economy as a whole as exports are not significant enough to counteract the waste of home spending. I am not even sure that exports exceed imports. But I realize that many people do not seem to understand basic economics and think that getting people to dig holes and fill them in again is good for the economy.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:23
    I never said anything about reasons. My point is that creationists are paying for making weapons. The scientists make weapons because they get paid to do so, the motivation behind making weapons rather than some other more useful task the scientists could be doing, is coming from, at least in part, creationists - despite Robbies ridiculous protestation th ...[text shortened]... omics and think that getting people to dig holes and fill them in again is good for the economy.
    Well, then that's not much of a point. Non-creationists pay for the weapons, too.

I know weapons aren't good for the economy as a whole. That's why I included the parenthetical.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:252 edits
    I never said anything about reasons. My point is that creationists are paying for making weapons. The scientists make weapons because they get paid to do so, the motivation behind making weapons rather than some other more useful task the scientists could be doing, is coming from, at least in part, creationists - despite Robbies ridiculous protestation th ...[text shortened]... omics and think that getting people to dig holes and fill them in again is good for the economy.
    oh dear, see when you put your money in a bank, its no longer your money, its the banks money, you are a creditor to the bank and the bank owes you the value of that deposit, that is why it credits your account and debits its own. It then takes its money and invests it. Sure you can ask for the value of your money anytime, but its still the banks money. Its the same with taxation and government, there is no such thing as the tax payers money. If you knew anything about accounting you would know that was the case but you are a silly ignorant man.

I propose that we test your theory and when you pay your tax ask the government to spend it on anything you like, then get back to us.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:33
    Well, then that's not much of a point. Non-creationists pay for the weapons, too.
    I know. But it remains the responsibility of the financiers as much as that of the people who actually make them. Robbie would like to pretend that its all the fault of scientists. He is essentially pushing his anti-science agenda. Quite silly really given that he is doing it over the internet - developed at least in part by scientists and the US Department of Defense.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:37
    Its the same with taxation and government, there is no such thing as the tax payers money. If you knew anything about accounting you would know that was the case but you are a silly ignorant man.
    You do know that April fools day is over and done?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:40
    I know weapons aren't good for the economy as a whole. That's why I included the parenthetical.
    Yes, it is, in part, a quirk of the US political system that states must compete for money and any project will do no matter how useless. I believe major mistakes in the Nuclear industry were made for this same reason.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 19:434 edits
    You do know that April fools day is over and done?
    and yet you are still here acting like a court jester!

are you aware of the principals of credit and debit? why when you deposit money in a bank is your account credited and the banks debited? its like this, you are a creditor to the bank and the bank is a debtor to you. The money is no longer yours, its the banks. If there was a government account it would read exactly the same, when you pay tax you are a creditor to the government and the government is a debtor to you, its no longer your money, its the governments money. Of course in the case of the government you cannot ask for it back, please try and tell us how you get on.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 20:081 edit
    ...when you pay tax you are a creditor to the government and the government is a debtor to you, its no longer your money, its the governments money.
    Yes, I realize this is how you excuse yourself from anything bad your government does with your money - whilst you happily live off the spoils. I also realise that you do not take part in elections or any other form of decision making that might influence your government - preferring to reap the benefits whilst taking none of the responsibility.
    But most American creationists are not quite as despicable.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 20:53
    Yes, I realize this is how you excuse yourself from anything bad your government does with your money - whilst you happily live off the spoils. I also realise that you do not take part in elections or any other form of decision making that might influence your government - preferring to reap the benefits whilst taking none of the responsibility.
    But most American creationists are not quite as despicable.
    I am neither American nor a creationist, if you cannot get that right, what hope is there for you.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 05:55
    I am neither American nor a creationist, if you cannot get that right, what hope is there for you.
    I never said you were either. It is however well known that you are Scottish and creationist.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 06:32
    I am neither American nor a creationist...
    You're not a creationist? Have you turned into evolution?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree