1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You're not a creationist? Have you turned into evolution?
    a creationist is strictly someone who professes that God made the observable universe in a fairly short period of time, like for example, a young earth creationist or a seventh day adventist. I profess none of these beliefs and find them unreasonable and scientifically unsubstantiated and cannot therefore be described under the umbrella of a creationist although i do profess that God created the observable universe.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    a creationist is strictly someone who professes that God made the observable universe in a fairly short period of time, like for example, a young earth creationist or a seventh day adventist. I profess none of these beliefs and find them unreasonable and scientifically unsubstantiated and cannot therefore be described under the umbrella of a creationist although i do profess that God created the observable universe.
    Yes, I understand your point.
    You don't want to be mixed up with these YEC's, even if you believe in a divine intervention resulting the universe we see today, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:412 edits
    That is because you haven't been paying attention to my referenced videos on creation, evolution, evil-lution, DNA, and earth dating methods. 100 reasons why evolution is stupid is a good one to start with.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:473 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because you haven't been paying attention to my referenced videos on creation, evolution, evil-lution, DNA, and earth dating methods. 100 reasons why evolution is stupid is a good one to start with.
    are you kidding? If I wanted a tin foil hat I'd go to the kitchen drawer and make my own! I prefer to read than watch videos to be honest. I very rarely if ever follow a video link. What is more there should be a provision to embed a video in the forum directly.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:48
    Yes, I understand your point.
    You don't want to be mixed up with these YEC's, even if you believe in a divine intervention resulting the universe we see today, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...
    yes that is correct, they have good intent to promote scripture but their beliefs concerning the Bible are sometimes unreasonable.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 07:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But, wait, you believe in evil-lution, don't you? I've never heard any pro-science person promote evil-ution so hard as you, and all other fanatick YEC do. Isn't evil-ution a product from creationsists, an invention from YECs? I've never seen any article about ution, neither evil-ution in a scientific paper, ever. I don't even know what ution is...

Evolution on the other hand...
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 08:09
    But, wait, you believe in evil-lution, don't you? I've never heard any pro-science person promote evil-ution so hard as you, and all other fanatick YEC do. Isn't evil-ution a product from creationsists, an invention from YECs? I've never seen any article about ution, neither evil-ution in a scientific paper, ever. I don't even know what ution is...

Evolution on the other hand...
    Can I use ution in Scrabble ?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 08:211 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Can I use ution in Scrabble ?
    I don't know! I honestly don't know what ution is. Is there a good-ution too?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 10:23
    I don't know! I honestly don't know what ution is. Is there a good-ution too?
    What have you to say about these hordes of evil scientists Fabian, will you stand with me and condemn them for using their knowledge and expertise for nefarious purposes like weapons programs?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 10:51
    What have you to say about these hordes of evil scientists Fabian, will you stand with me and condemn them for using their knowledge and expertise for nefarious purposes like weapons programs?
    There are good priests, and there are bad priests.
    There are good scientists, and there are bad scientists.
    There are good politicians, and there are bad politicians.

To bring forward the science that can give nuclear bombs is not evil. The evilness is to use it to innocent people.
    USA, a christian country, standing for freedom, is the only country ever to have used a nuclear bomb to kill innocent people.
    Who is evil here? The presidents spiritual advisor? The President himself along with politicians? Or those who invented the science to make the bomb possible?

In my job I'm not thinking me as good or evil. The products of mine can be used in an evil manner, but also in a good manner giving our customers and clients good stuff. But if our customers and clients are doing bad stuff with it - does that make me evil?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 11:021 edit
    The less you know, the more dangerous you are.

According to http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/04/07/the-less-americans-know-about-ukraines-location-the-more-they-want-u-s-to-intervene/ the ones that doesn't know where Ukraine is are more positive to a military intervention.

Ignorance is dangerous!

The same can be said of cre ...[text shortened]... te change? Warmer climat is good for you.

Ignorance is dangerous! It is dangerous for us all!
    You know what I find ignorant? I find it ignorant that many view human beings as nothing more than glorified animals, ripe to be herded around like cattle and treated like beasts of burden.

Looking at the vast recorded history of mankind, most men have only known slavery and genocide.

Mankind was set above the animal kingdom by God himself. We are not merely glorified animals.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 11:121 edit

To bring forward the science that can give nuclear bombs is not evil. The evilness is to use it to innocent people.
    USA, a christian country, standing for freedom, is the only country ...[text shortened]... od stuff. But if our customers and clients are doing bad stuff with it - does that make me evil?
    who is to blame Fabian? the man who makes the cannon ball or the man who loads it into a cannon and fires it? or the man who gives the order? they are all complicit are they not?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 11:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    You know what I find ignorant? I find it ignorant that many view human beings as nothing more than glorified animals, ripe to be herded around like cattle and treated like beasts of burden.

Looking at the vast recorded history of mankind, most men have only known slavery and genocide.

Mankind was set above the animal kingdom by God himself. We are not merely glorified animals.
    "Mankind was set above the animal kingdom by God himself. We are not merely glorified animals."
    Yes, I agree, we like to think like that. It makes us proud. Being on top of everything.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 11:14
    who is to blame Fabian? the man who makes the cannon ball or the man who loads it into a cannon and fires it? or the man who gives the order? they are all complicit are they not?
    Yes, who is to blame. The problem is sooo complicated.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 11:47

USA, a christian country, standing for freedom, is the only country ...[text shortened]... od stuff. But if our customers and clients are doing bad stuff with it - does that make me evil?

In my job I'm not thinking me as good or evil. The products of mine can be used in an evil manner, but also in a good manner giving our customers and clients good stuff. But if our customers and clients are doing bad stuff with it - does that make me evil?

What kind of products are you making?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree