1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 04:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So a Christian that has accepted Christ today, can tomorrow kill and do what he likes and escape punishment.
    Someone who has accepted Christ would not do that. They have obviously not repented have they.
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 04:371 edit
    So you meant this :

"... You have to believe that Jesus Christ is your savior and he died for your sins and then repent and then you won't end up in hell... "

The prisons are full of murderers, child molesters, drugpushers, rapists, etc etc who have at some point done exactly that.... accepted Christ and repented. Will they escape punishment ?
    Well sure. Look at a lot of important people in the Bible. Some of them were horrible people until their lives were changed.

Moses was a murderer. David was an adulterer and then had the husband killed. Paul persecuted Chrisitans and stood by and watched the execution of Stephen etc.
    These guys are extremely important characters in the Bible.........did they escape punishment? I believe they did. Things have not changed. No sin is too large to be covered by Jesus's death on the cross. I know what you're going to say. Moses and David were alive before Jesus so how could they have believed in Jesus. Well they had to believe in the coming of the Messiah and that he would save the world. I imagine that there are millions of people in heaven who didn't know Jesus because they were alive before him. Those people had to believe it what was to come. Now, however since we live after the fact then we have to believe in Jesus.

If those people have truly repented and do in fact believe in Jesus as their savior then yes they are forgiven.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 04:44
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Someone who has accepted Christ would not do that. They have obviously not repented have they.
    I thought Christians sin all the time. Are you claiming that no true Christian has ever murdered?
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 04:57
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I thought Christians sin all the time. Are you claiming that no true Christian has ever murdered?
    Read above
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 05:08
    Those people had to believe it what was to come. Now, however since we live after the fact then we have to believe in Jesus.
    Are you saying that heaven is exclusively for believers in Christ? Is Adam not in heaven or did he know about Christs coming?
    What about the vast majority of the worlds population before the time of Jesus who did not know about Jesus' coming?
    What about people today who do not know?
    What about children?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 06:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you saying that heaven is exclusively for believers in Christ? Is Adam not in heaven or did he know about Christs coming?
    What about the vast majority of the worlds population before the time of Jesus who did not know about Jesus' coming?
    What about children?
    God is evil...
    He likes the smell of burning flesh.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 09:52
    What about children?
    all those people you mentioned were included or will be included in heaven by future editions of Catholicism. stay tuned for your copy.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 16:33
    Well sure. Look at a lot of important people in the Bible. Some of them were horrible people until their lives were changed.

Moses was a murderer. David was an adulterer and then had the husband killed. Paul persecuted Chrisitans and stood by and watched the execution of Stephen etc.
    These guys are extremely important characters in the Bible....... ...[text shortened]... ve truly repented and do in fact believe in Jesus as their savior then yes they are forgiven.
    Thanks for your answer, but I am referring to those who accept Christ and repents today and subsequently they go bad. Will they escape punishment?
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    14 Oct '08 23:29
    Thanks for your answer, but I am referring to those who accept Christ and repents today and subsequently they go bad. Will they escape punishment?
    In your case? No.
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 03:20
    What about children?
    John 14:6
    I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes through the Father except through me.

Jesus said this and he meant it. I have no idea about Adam. As for the vast amount of the world's population before Jesus that didn't know about Jesus well all I can say is that that decision is obviously left up to the discretion of God. If people do not know- I mean they really have never heard the Good News then that is obviously also left up to God. Children have to reach the age of maturity before they are held accountable. What age is that? I don't know. I would assume it's different for everyone. Only God knows people's hearts.

However, if we are talking about modern times and if you've heard of Jesus and his message and you reject him you will not enter the kingdom of God. So anyone who rejects Christ throughout his life will not enter heaven. So contemporarily speaking heaven is now reserved for believers in Christ and in what he did for all of us.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 03:21
    I'm sorry I really don't know the answer to that question. Only God knows a person's heart.
  12. ALG
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 07:14
    Originally posted by AndyChongChinWooi
    I am one too.
    What do you mean? A gay or a christian god.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '08 11:36
    I'm sorry I really don't know the answer to that question. Only God knows a person's heart.
    Thank you. Only God knows.
    Only God knows who will be saved.
    Only God knows who is truly repentant.
    Only God knows who sins.
    Only God knows who is a good Christian.

Repeat that 1000 times.
    Becuase you people keep claiming that YOU KNOW, when the truth is that ONLY GOD KNOWS.
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 15:14
    Originally posted by ale1552
    My pearls are not real so does that make a difference? Or are you suggesting that my gold wedding ring is not modest? I think that Paul himeself....if living today....would say, "Good grief", stop straining at gnats and swallowing camels!" But, let us not quarrel on these fine points. I am a Christian and so are you. Peace.
    So you ignore the teachings of the Bible and wear what appears to be pearls and actual gold?

Nemesio
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 15:16
    These things were written so as to not promote promiscuity.
    So what? They were commands. If they were commands then, they why are they not commands
    now?

Clearly, they are now being ignored by nearly all women.

Would you throw a man out of your church if he had long hair? Would you encourage him to turn
    from his sinful ways?

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree