Sodomy?
    Gomorrhea?
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 12:44
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Well Christians believe in the Bible and the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin........ so there you go. To a Christian the Bible is where everything is answered and if it says that homosexuality is a sin......then it is. Period.
    Relying on the Bible for moral guidance sounds like a prescription for complacency.

Don't you ever feel it necessary to take personal responsibility for the justification of your moral beliefs? Isn't it a tad convenient, if not lazy, to assume that a book can do all the hard intellectual or indeed emotional work for you? Is that part of the Bible's appeal? Isn't it some sort of bureaucratic substitute for those who lack the inclination or ability to figure out what really is good or bad for themselves?

It would be laughable to have a book that legislated aesthetics. "For a Christian, ice cream tastes bad because the Bible says so". The same goes for legislating ethics. You can't prescribe morality: you can merely be sensitive to it, or not.
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 12:46
    If you're a real Christian then you're not supposed to hate anyone. So those people aren't being hated by Christians they're being hated by people who say they're Christians.
    Everyone hates someone. Maybe they want to flatter themselves by saying they don't, but they do.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 13:08
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    LOL I am a Christian. I do not hate you. Your logic is flawed.

Hating a sin is not the same as hating a sinner.
    some say that having a tattoo is a sin. how can you be so superficial? do you think god is as superficial? do you think god cares that you wear pink clothes and have a fashion sense as a man?

Catholics claim child rapists and serial murderers can be admitted into heaven if they repent. but you will deny a woman heaven because she sits naked next to another woman and/or uses a dildo instead of a man sausage? this is how you picture god?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 13:20
    Originally posted by jlilly
    & you're a backwater thinker from the 18th cent. Come up to the times. People don't choose to be gay. They have the right to have sex with whoever they want.

You're denying volumes of scientific literature on the topic if you claim otherwise.
    people don't choose to be gay just as they don't choose to like oranges over apples. but that doesn't mean they HAVE to engage in homsexual activities.

you seem to claim(correct me if i am mistaken) lesbians have no choice but to sleep with other women as gays have no choice but to sleep with other men. which is not true.
    you may like heroine but you can choose not to use it.

now it is absolutely no harm to engage in homosexual activities nor can i imagine a situation where someone will ever be harmed by two gays getting it on. and i can't imagine what reason would god have, the same god that said he is a god of love, for two persons of the same sex not to love each other. gay couples often have babies so even god's multiply command is fulfilled.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 13:25
    Originally posted by jlilly
    So much for a loving Christian god!
    The God of Abraham loves all His children, including His homosexual children. Don't let some fundamentalists tell you otherwise. They do not know who God is.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 13:30
    Well Christians believe in the Bible and the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin........ so there you go. To a Christian the Bible is where everything is answered and if it says that homosexuality is a sin......then it is. Period.
    actually, the old testament said that it is wrong for two men to get it on. never said anything about women.

the objective was procreation. too many gay men and the warmongering jews would not have enough meathshields for their conquests. now it is not the case. in fact, we actually need more gays because we are two many 😀.

the problem is that as with the old testament, the current dogma is controlled by people with sticks up their asses who will sooner eat their fecals than change anything in Za Book, even if Jesus himself came and changed most of the ways. so it is not as if God is absolutely opposed to change. but i guess it is easier to assume only god is capable of it rather than assume responsibility for changing things for the better.
  8. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 14:27
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Relying on the Bible for moral guidance sounds like a prescription for complacency.

Don't you ever feel it necessary to take personal responsibility for the justification of your moral beliefs? Isn't it a tad convenient, if not lazy, to assume that a book can do all the hard intellectual or indeed emotional work for you? Is that part of the Bible's a ...[text shortened]... islating ethics. You can't prescribe morality: you can merely be sensitive to it, or not.
    Why do you assume that because I believe in the Bible that I do not know what is good or bad for me? Has it ever occured to you that I have tried other things and returned to the Bible as the one Truth?
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 14:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    actually, the old testament said that it is wrong for two men to get it on. never said anything about women.

the objective was procreation. too many gay men and the warmongering jews would not have enough meathshields for their conquests. now it is not the case. in fact, we actually need more gays because we are two many 😀.

the problem is that as wi ...[text shortened]... only god is capable of it rather than assume responsibility for changing things for the better.
    Actually, in 1 Corinthians 6:9 & 1 Timothy 1:10 it simply says homosexuality and does not designate to which sex it's referring- which of course means ALL homosexuality, not just men.
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 22:42
    Actually, in 1 Corinthians 6:9 & 1 Timothy 1:10 it simply says homosexuality and does not designate to which sex it's referring- which of course means ALL homosexuality, not just men.
    It depends which version one is reading. The KJ refers to "abusers of themselves with mankind, and the O.T says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is an abomination". so there would seem to be a clear distinction between mankind and womankind. Perhaps with a convenient change of words in translating from original language, one can make any statement mean whatever suits one's prejudice. There is a definite difference between homosexuality and lesbianism, but I doubt that sin-seekers will will be tolerant of either.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 22:46
    Originally posted by muppyman
    It depends which version one is reading. The KJ refers to "abusers of themselves with mankind, and the O.T says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is an abomination". so there would seem to be a clear distinction between mankind and womankind. Perhaps with a convenient change of words in translating from original language, one can make a ...[text shortened]... homosexuality and lesbianism, but I doubt that sin-seekers will will be tolerant of either.
    All I know is that either/both are sins in the eyes of God.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 09:39
    all you know is what others have told you is a sin in the eyes of god. you are incapable of independent thought.

god only told you to love thy neighbor and love god.
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 18:16
    Presumptuous it is to proclaim what God has said, or has not said, to another human being...
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 18:19
    No.

All you believe is that they are sins in the eyes of God.

Nemesio
  15. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 18:59
    Bible thumpers:

Do realize your bible isn't right about much of anything. It was written over the ages by crackheads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree