1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 03:15
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    No, I'm talking about the command for women not to wear gold and for men not to have long hair.

Those are explicit commands in the Bible.

Nemesio
    But what does it mean? It means that it's the inside that counts not the outside, so focus on that.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 03:30
    Originally posted by chappy1
    But what does it mean? It means that it's the inside that counts not the outside, so focus on that.
    So, if two men love each other deeply and spiritually and commit their lives to each other in a
    sacred covenantal vow to love and nurture each other in a monogamous relationship, this meets
    with God's approval? That is, what's on the inside is nothing but God-driven love and devotion to
    the partner.

Nemesio
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 03:401 edit
    "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death..." Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version)

I don't know of any verses that say that lesbians should be put to death, though.
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 03:452 edits
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death..." Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version)

I don't know of any verses that say that lesbians should be put to death, though.
    You're right. I'd forgotten this, largely because it's part of the Levitical Code which includes
    keeping Kosher, that women in menstruation are an abomination, all the ritual uncleanliness that
    Christians otherwise ignore as a product of the Old Covenant.

The Hebrew Scriptures also indicate that women caught in adultery should be stoned.

Nemesio
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 03:53
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You're right. I'd forgotten this, largely because it's part of the Levitical Code which includes
    keeping Kosher, that women in menstruation are an abomination, all the ritual uncleanliness that
    Christians otherwise ignore as a product of the Old Covenant.

The Hebrew Scriptures also indicate that women caught in adultery should be stoned.

Nemesio
    Striking one of your parents is also sufficient grounds for being stoned to death (Exodus 21:15).

Also, cursing one of your parents is also grounds for being stoned to death (Leviticus 20:9).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree