1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 17:41
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Amen, Conrau, I absolutely agree with you!
    The Ten commandments.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What advice can the panel give please?
    Have you ever consedered starting your own religion? I figure a person could take the most popular features of a bunch of different religions and put them together for one hell of a money making enterprise. You could have a 10 percent direct deposit of the sheep earnings. Charge an extra fee to pray peoples loved ones out of hell. Send folks around door to door selling magazines etc... . The great alligator would be a good name for such an organization.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:46
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I think one of the best things you could read would be; "The case for Christ", reading right now, A GREAT BOOK!!!
    I agree. Once you realize how flimsy the arguments within are you'll feel better about your new worldview.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I like to read things I disagree with. It either strengthens what I believe by testing it, or it results in me modifying what I believe. I think doubt is a virtue, too. I like to read in order to cultivate doubt. The intellectual curiosity of people who are very certain about what they believe, in my experience, is more often than not a facade.
    Best FMF post evah! 🙂
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:48
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If Christianity is not a religion, and if everybody has a religion, then Christians must have some other religion. Aren't they thereby in violation of the First Commandment?
    Brilliant.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Brilliant.
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    "If Christianity is not a religion, and if everybody has a religion, then Christians must have some other religion. Aren't they thereby in violation of the First Commandment?"

What's so brilliant about that?

If Christianity is not a religion, then Christians don't have some other religion. Not only that, but not everyone has a religion.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Brilliant.
    Christianity is a Religion!
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:25
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Christianity is a Religion!
    You keep saying that Dan. I saw your other post.

Why don't you go to the thread I started about religion and reply to why I said Christianity isn't a religion.
    Or, you can reply to this post and give me a reason why I should change my mind.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    What's so brilliant about that?

If Christianity is not a religion, then Christians don't have some other religion. Not only that, but not everyone has a religion.
    The poster he was replying to claimed that everyone has a religion.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 19:46

Why don't you go to the thread I started about religion and reply to why I said Christianity isn't a religion.
    Or, you can reply to this post and give me a reason why I should change my mind.
    The Ten Commandments.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 20:30
    Originally posted by CalJust
    As I have said before in another thread, the need (in a "Spirituality", thread, which is a subject they deny) to denigrate others and prove that they are wrong!

Of course, you will immediately say that Christians (some, at least) also constantly try to prove others wrong.

The difference being that Christians (and Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc) believe in Spirituality, only different flavours of it, which you don't.
    Thinking that your position is a festering pile of dung is not a "world view."

For the thousandth time now, the spirituality forum is not in any way restricted to people who take a positive view of spirituality. It is intended as a forum to discuss spiritual matters, whether they be pro or con.
  12. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:50

you are correct in saying that.

While one has a hard heart and full of opinions he can not see the truth.
    thats why the hypercrites accused Jesus of Blasphemy.

read matthew 23...here jesus criticizes Religious leaders.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 01:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What advice can the panel give please?
    Just today I had a conversation with someone I respect and care a lot for. We were talking about what would happen if there was a eugenics genocide worldwide that killed of about 85 percent of the population. This person said that god would not let that happen as it isn't his will. I mentioned the Holocaust and this person said god allowed it because the Jews did not accept christ. Holy crapoly! That is a religious mind for you. I would get clear of religion if I were you.
  14. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 02:02
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Just today I had a conversation with someone I respect and care a lot for. We were talking about what would happen if there was a eugenics genocide worldwide that killed of about 85 percent of the population. This person said that god would not let that happen as it isn't his will. I mentioned the Holocaust and this person said god allowed it because the ...[text shortened]... t. Holy crapoly! That is a religious mind for you. I would get clear of religion if I were you.
    anyone can say they are religious....anyone can claim to teach religion.
    just because someone teaches religion doesnt mean he obeys the word of god.
    read your bible buddy.

If opinions were correct then all the opinionated peoples opinions would never differ from one another and we would never have disagreements or difference of opinion....because our opinions would always be right.

but guess what....neither religion nor your opinions or anyone elses run the universe.

Just accept that God does run the universe and the rest doesnt matter.
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 02:06
    Originally posted by barstudd
    anyone can say they are religious....anyone can claim to teach religion.
    just because someone teaches religion doesnt mean he obeys the word of god.
    read your bible buddy.

If opinions were correct then all the opinionated peoples opinions would never differ from one another and we would never have disagreements or difference of opinion....because our o ...[text shortened]... lses run the universe.

Just accept that God does run the universe and the rest doesnt matter.
    Well put!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree