I'm thinking of giving up being religious

I'm thinking of giving up being religious

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb

Moves
05 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
The obvious difference is that the Orchid Growers Club does not seek to impose an Orchidocracy on the rest of society. They keep to their own little clubs and leave everyone else alone. If Christians did the same then no one would take notice of them either.
Another corner stone of the christian belief system is being fishers of men. Gotta get more sheep you know.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
Another corner stone of the christian belief system is being fishers of men. Gotta get more sheep you know.
Evangelism is one of the most repugnant things about Christianity.

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
05 Aug 09

Opinions cloud the mind

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by barstudd
Opinions cloud the mind
Is that your opinion?

rc

Moves
05 Aug 09

and how is that?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and how is that?
Because I have no interest in faith. I am only interested in deeds. If Christians want to convert people, they should do so by example alone. They should live their lives so as to inspire people to want to emulate them. It should be a passive process, rather than an active evangelical one. Rhetorical arguments are useless. They only serve to highlight the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of Pauline Christianity.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Aug 09

Because I have no interest in faith. I am only interested in deeds. If Christians want to convert people, they should do so by example alone. They should live their lives so as to inspire people to want to emulate them. It should be a passive process, rather than an active evangelical one. Rhetorical arguments are useless. They only serve to highlight the moral and intellectual bankruptcy of Pauline Christianity.
Spoken like a person without the slightest shred of historical perspective, let alone any idea regarding the content of Paul's letters. Brilliant!

g

Pepperland

Moves
05 Aug 09

If Christians want to convert people, they should do so by example alone. They should live their lives so as to inspire people to want to emulate them

I agree with you on that.

d

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b] If Christians want to convert people, they should do so by example alone. They should live their lives so as to inspire people to want to emulate them

I agree with you on that.[/b]
So why did God let us talk?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
So why did God let us talk?
He has a sense of humor?

d

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by bbarr
He has a sense of humor?
To help each other.

b
dinky-di Aussie

Australia

Moves
05 Aug 09

Is that your opinion?
well you cant tell if it is or isnt so there you go.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Aug 09

To help each other.
Then why did he not let us all continue speaking a common language?

d

Moves
05 Aug 09

Originally posted by bbarr
Then why did he not let us all continue speaking a common language?
The tower of Babel.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Aug 09

The tower of Babel.
And the best solution was to prevent whole groups of people from understanding each other and scattering them across the globe? Your God sounds like a petty tyrant.