Immortality of the Soul

Immortality of the Soul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
How do you know the trinity is not in fact a Quad, and your god and satan just having a great time playing with our minds.
Because I believe the Holy Bible is clear on that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Because I believe the Holy Bible is clear on that.
So your clear on the bible but yet you said on the subject of hell fire your not. Doesn't make sense.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
So your clear on the bible but yet you said on the subject of hell fire your not. Doesn't make sense.....
The Holy Bible gives more information on the Triune God than it does on hell fire. But it appears that the Lake of Fire is a place that will incorporate hell and death into a place of everlasting torment for those that are cast into it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jul 14

The Holy Bible gives more information on the Triune God than it does on hell fire. But it appears that the Lake of Fire is a place that will incorporate hell and death into a place of everlasting torment for those that are cast into it.
And the purpose of such an evil place? For instance, a dude commits a crime, is put in jail for ten years, at the end of which he may be rehabilitated and can lead a productive life. So what is the end result of someone whose only crime is to deny this despot paranoid jealous god?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jul 14

True but at what point can we keep using that excuse? When do you think you'll learn the correct teaching on this subject?

See the issue with the hell fire doctrine is the way it has been used in the past and even still today on some levels and that is to scare ones into accepting or conveting out of the fear of burning forver if you don't, into beco ...[text shortened]... leave their churches? Of course as the bible says he is the "ruler of this world" at this time.
You can thank people like John Calvin for inserting this doctrine into millions of Christian theologies.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
You can thank people like John Calvin for inserting this doctrine into millions of Christian theologies.
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002520?q=John+Calvin+and+hell&p=par

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
And the purpose of such an evil place? For instance, a dude commits a crime, is put in jail for ten years, at the end of which he may be rehabilitated and can lead a productive life. So what is the end result of someone whose only crime is to deny this despot paranoid jealous god?
Satan was imprisoned for 1000 years, but it did not rehabilitate him.

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season." (Revelation 20:1-3)

If God gave Satan the Devil a chance to be rehabilitated, I am sure he would treat others just as fairly.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 14

[quote] "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up ...[text shortened]... ve Satan the Devil a chance to be rehabilitated, I am sure he would treat others just as fairly.
God is giving satan the chance to do what?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 14

This belief of the lake of fire being literal was never a teaching of Jesus. He never mentioned it or never, never threatend anyone with being punished in such a place forever if they did not straighten up their lifes.

"Hellfire—All-Consuming?
Could it be that the fire of hell is symbolic of all-consuming, or thorough, destruction? Separating fire from Hades, or hell, the Scriptures say: “Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire.” “The lake” mentioned here is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. “This [lake of fire] means the second death”—death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.—Revelation 20:14.

The lake of fire has a meaning similar to that of “the fiery Gehenna [hell fire, King James Version]” that Jesus spoke of. (Matthew 5:22; Mark 9:47, 48) Gehenna occurs 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and it refers to the valley of Hinnom, outside the walls of Jerusalem. When Jesus was on earth, this valley was used as a garbage dump, “where the dead bodies of criminals, and the carcasses of animals, and every other kind of filth was cast.” (Smith’s Dictionary of the Bible) The fires were kept burning by adding sulfur to burn up the refuse. Jesus used that valley as a proper symbol of everlasting destruction.

As does Gehenna, the lake of fire symbolizes eternal destruction. Death and Hades are “hurled into” it in that they will be done away with when mankind is freed from sin and the condemnation of death. Willful, unrepentant sinners will also have their “portion” in that lake. (Revelation 21:8) They too will be annihilated forever. On the other hand, those in God’s memory who are in hell—the common grave of mankind—have a marvelous future.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 14
6 edits

This belief of the lake of fire being literal was never a teaching of Jesus. He never mentioned it or never, never threatend anyone with being punished in such a place forever if they did not straighten up their lifes.

"Hellfire—All-Consuming?
Could it be that the fire of hell is symbolic of all-consuming, or thorough, dest ...[text shortened]... hand, those in God’s memory who are in hell—the common grave of mankind—have a marvelous future.
You must not have read this post that I will repeat below:

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

(Matthew 25:41 NASB)

WAS THE FIRE IN THE VALLEY OF HINNOM, OUTSIDE THE WALLS OF JERUSALEM, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS? WAS THAT FIRE ETERNAL LIKE THE ONE JESUS JUST SPOKE OF?

Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

(Revelation 14:9-11 NASB)

HOW LONG IS FOREVER AND EVER THAT THEY WILL HAVE NO REST DAY AND NIGHT? IF THOSE SOULS ARE BURNED UP, THEN WHY WOULD THEY NEED ANY REST?
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:10, 15 NASB)

There seems to be only two results: Everlasting life or everlasting torment.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 14

You must not have read this post that I will repeat below:

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into [b]the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

(Matthew 25:41 NASB)

WAS THE FIRE IN THE VALLEY OF HINNOM, OUTSIDE THE WALLS OF JERUSALEM, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND ...[text shortened]... 20:10, 15 NASB)

There seems to be only two results: Everlasting life or everlasting torment.[/b]
Where you god has a video and audio feed to his castle where he can view all the suffering when he wants a good laugh. Nice god you have there.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 14
1 edit

[quote] "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up ...[text shortened]... ve Satan the Devil a chance to be rehabilitated, I am sure he would treat others just as fairly.
Ah, so this god would only force the pain and suffering for a mere 1000 years then ask, so what do you think NOW you stupid peasant?

I gather it would have to be splitting itself into a billion parts to be talking to each one as they come out since billions would be going in at the same time.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 14

Oh it appears? Your sure?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 14

I ask again Ron.....God is giving satan the chance to do what?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jul 14

I ask again Ron.....God is giving satan the chance to do what?
To deceive the nations. Can't you read it?