1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To deceive the nations. Can't you read it?
    Thanks I didn't know what you were referring too.
    But what does this mean?

" If God gave Satan the Devil a chance to be rehabilitated, I am sure he would treat others just as fairly. "
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 14:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks I didn't know what you were referring too.
    But what does this mean?

" If God gave Satan the Devil a chance to be rehabilitated, I am sure he would treat others just as fairly. "
    It means Satan was given a chance to deceive the nations or not to deceive the nations. God did not command Satan to deceive the Nations, even thought God knew how Satan was, God still gave Satan the opportunity to show his true colors, which turns out to be to deceive. So then there is no doubt that Satan is not going to turn from his wicked ways. It is only after this final opportunity at rehabilitation that Satan is thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 17:32
    It means Satan was given a chance to deceive the nations or not to deceive the nations. God did not command Satan to deceive the Nations, even thought God knew how Satan was, God still gave Satan the opportunity to show his true colors, which turns out to be to deceive. So then there is no doubt that Satan is not going to turn from his wicked ways. It is on ...[text shortened]... is final opportunity at rehabilitation that Satan is thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone.
    So it sounds like you think there is a possiblity that satan could changh his ways and if he does, God would forgive him?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 00:11
    So it sounds like you think there is a possiblity that satan could changh his ways and if he does, God would forgive him?
    Could god forgive Hitler if he repented after killing 6 million people?
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 01:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Could god forgive Hitler if he repented after killing 6 million people?
    As I remember it "There is no sin so great that it cannot be forgiven ... except whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea." but I don't have a bible to hand and the internet was unhelpful about the quote (where I got the second half after the ...'s).
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 01:38
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    As I remember it "There is no sin so great that it cannot be forgiven ... except whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea." but I don't have a bible to hand and the internet was unhelpful about the quote (where I got the second half after the ...'s).
    Actually the bible gives more sins that cannot be forgiven. Blasphemy is one, plus the sin of accepting Christ and then rejecting him or falling away.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 03:33
    I seriously doubt it, but with God all things are possible.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 21:46
    So you think your god would forgive Hitler before it would forgive Satan?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 23:33
    Yes it is up to god to forgive in the way no human can. God is the reader of hearts and again that is something we cannot do.
    But the Bible does say that death does wipe away ones former sins if one has sinned while being in an imperfect state as all humans are. But as was mentioned earlier in Hebrews and Matthew, there is a sin that will not be forgiven and that again is up to God to determine that.
    Adam and Eve were perfect and had no excuse for their decision to go against God's one rule. They will not be resurrected.
    Satan is also perfect in his form even though he has turmed against god. Because of his decision to turn against God and has proved since mans beginning that he is evil and has done evil things to god's creation in heaven and on earth, he would also not be shown forgiveness and will be eventually destroyed for it just as the bible describes with no chance to exist again.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 23:53
    Yes it is up to god to forgive in the way no human can. God is the reader of hearts and again that is something we cannot do.
    But the Bible does say that death does wipe away ones former sins if one has sinned while being in an imperfect state as all humans are. But as was mentioned earlier in Hebrews and Matthew, there is a sin that will not be forgiv ...[text shortened]... d will be eventually destroyed for it just as the bible describes with no chance to exist again.
    You probably have a different definition of 'perfect' from what the Bible uses.

Several people were described as perfect and it has to do with perfect in righteousness and in following Gods commandments. Adam and Eve were not described like that.
    I would be interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that they would not be raised.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 00:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you think your god would forgive Hitler before it would forgive Satan?
    Probably
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 00:29
    But the Bible does say that death does wipe away ones former sins if one has sinned while being in an imperfect state as all humans are. But as was mentioned earlier in Hebrews and Matthew, there is a sin that will not be forgiv ...[text shortened]... d will be eventually destroyed for it just as the bible describes with no chance to exist again.
    And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Luke 12:10 King James Version (KJV)
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 03:112 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You probably have a different definition of 'perfect' from what the Bible uses.

Several people were described as perfect and it has to do with perfect in righteousness and in following Gods commandments. Adam and Eve were not described like that.
    I would be interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that they would not be raised.
    No they were not perfect in their decisions in serving god, but they were perfect physically as God meant for us all to be. Adam and Eve would still be alive today if they had not chose to comment sin. They did not by accident do wrong, they made the decision to do that.
    Yes many were described as being perfect in their actions especially compaired to most.

As far as Adam being resurrected, first look at Matt 20:28:

Matthew 20:28Living Bible (TLB)

28 Your attitude must be like my own, for I, the Messiah, did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give my life as a ransom for many.”

Notice Jesus said for "many", not all.

Also the bible speaks of ones who knew god and his commandments but turned away from following them and in fact even influanced others to turn against God, would have no chance for life once they died.

So Adam knew God's laws and in fact were actually told to him by God himself. He was perfect and had no excuse to blame his bad decision on anything else.
    Also at that time in our history there was no mention at all of a resurrection at all to Adam or written in the Bible indicating Adam would live again in the future.
    Adam proved he could not follow even that simple command to leave that one tree alone and as a result all of mankind has lived in sin and all the bad things that has resulted from his leaving God.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 03:44
    Adam and Eve were perfect and had no excuse for their decision to go against God's one rule. They will not be resurrected.
    This is a big claim which is not scripturally supportable. It implies that those who are not perfect do have an "excuse". The Bible is clear that "in Adam all sinned", therefore we share the same sin as Adam and if we share the same sin then we share the same possibility for redemption.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 11:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is a big claim which is not scripturally supportable. It implies that those who are not perfect do have an "excuse". The Bible is clear that "in Adam all sinned", therefore we share the same sin as Adam and if we share the same sin then we share the same possibility for redemption.
    Yes we do have the excuse of being imperfect. We have all inherited Adam's sin or imperfection.
    Adam sinned before he and Eve had relations to have children, right? So once Adam and Eve sinned God spoke to them about this decision they made to eat of the tree and God then placed the sentance of death on them that they would indeed now die within a figurative day. A day with God is a thousand years according to the Bible, right? Adam died at the age of 930 years which was within the thousand years of God day.
    Once God sentanced them to death Adam and Eve slowly began to die and were no longer protected from death by being physically perfect.
    So when they did have relations and she became pregnant with her children, they all inherited imperfection or the process that would mean they would die later in their life's also just as their parents would do.

So because Adam and Eve were the only humans to ever be "perfect" and because of the fact they had no sin they inherited from another human, they were fully accountable for their actions. If they weren't deserving of dying by God's own hand then which they were, why would he let them live again at another time? All the problems humans have experianced since Adams first offspring were caused by Adam and Eve's disobeying God's one command.
    The ransome that Jesus provides to all of us does not apply to a perfect being either fleshly or of the spirit creatures in heaven. This ransome is only for ones who have inherted sin.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree