1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 17:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... second death that is an everlasting destruction is apparently a contnuing destruction of torment forever and ever. ...
    Apparently ? You have a strongly held belief and you use the expression 'apparently'? That means you are guessing or not sure.

What about the matter or souls being immortal? Where is that in the Bible.
    Or is that another piece of guesswork?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 17:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here is your post verbatim:

Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]There is no hell deep enough, it cannot burn long enough to pay for rejecting Jesus....
    [/b]
    Pretty strong and cruel statement particularly when it applies to the innocent ie those who had no knowledge of Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 19:12
    Then why did you say it? It was a stand alone comment from you in the other thread which you made. What was that statement emphasing if you don't believe in an eternal hell for those who reject Christ?
    No, not implied as you say, it was meant as emphasis of what should happen to anyone who rejects Jesus, turns his back on his sacrifice and suffering to pay for their sins. In other words it is what I would do if I was God, but God is more merciful than I am...understand?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 19:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Pretty strong and cruel statement particularly when it applies to the innocent ie those who had no knowledge of Christ.
    Then you do not fully understand what Jesus went through to save the lost. You do not have a spiritual understanding of his suffering for those he did not even know.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 19:251 edit
    Then you do not fully understand what Jesus went through to save the lost. You do not have a spiritual understanding of his suffering for those he did not even know.
    You dont know what the hell you talking about. You probably feel that by making those stupid statements you are buying Christ good graces, and CHrist would say .. "Checkbaiter is a nice guy for standing up for me".

You dont have a clue what you are wishing on billions of people who you say should be tormented for eons and eons for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever simply because they 'rejected' Christ.

What exactly do you mean by 'reject Christ'?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 08:36
    No, not implied as you say, it was meant as [b]emphasis of what should happen to anyone who rejects Jesus, turns his back on his sacrifice and suffering to pay for their sins. In other words it is what I would do if I was God, but God is more merciful than I am...understand?[/b]
    No not at all. I think you just blurted out a cruel and heartless statement without due consideration to either the measure of its viciousness nor the impact it would have on your reputation in this forum. Now you are trying to backpedal.

I've learnt an awful lot about the extreme Christian fundamentalist attitudes in this forum recently and all of it shocks and disgusts me. I now realise one of the reasons why the atheists give Christians so much stick; some the dogma expounded by Grampy Bobby, Joseph, Kelly and yourself is absolutely astonishing.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 11:03
    No not at all. I think you just blurted out a cruel and heartless statement without due consideration to either the measure of its viciousness nor the impact it would have on your reputation in this forum. Now you are trying to backpedal.

I've learnt an awful lot about the extreme Christian fundamentalist attitudes in this forum recently and all of i ...[text shortened]... some the dogma expounded by Grampy Bobby, Joseph, Kelly and yourself is absolutely astonishing.
    No not at all. I think you just blurted out a cruel and heartless statement without due consideration

No, you do not understand, or are deliberately trying to make a case for yourself.
    I have explained myself by saying a thorough examination of the passion of Christ needs to be understood, to see how much he paid for the sins of the world. Then you will understand why I said hell cannot burn long enough, etc. for those who refuse his atonement.
    To understand the price he paid for your sins, and take it lightly, is what is cruel and astonishing.
    Rajk999 is another one, who constantly talks, taking lightly what the atonement of Jesus was all about.
    Neither of you understands who we are in Christ, what his redemption made us.
    So you waste time on this forum discussing meaningless things.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 11:35
    No not at all. I think you just blurted out a cruel and heartless statement without due consideration

No, you do not understand, or are deliberately trying to make a case for yourself.
    I have explained myself by saying a thorough examination of the passion of Christ needs to be understood, to see how much he paid for the sins of the worl ...[text shortened]... st, what his redemption made us.
    Maybe you should compare these two attitudes :

YOURS : Torment them in hell forever for rejecting Christ

Christ : Luke 23:34 .. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Where did your attitude to those rejecting Christ originate. Certainly not from Christ himself. Sounds more like some other force is guiding you.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 11:36

I have explained myself by saying a thorough examination of the passion of Christ needs to be understood, to see how much he paid for the sins of the worl ...[text shortened]... st, what his redemption made us.
    It is something when a religion can turn someone into an advocate for eternal torture.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well again what does the bible say on our knowledge of spiritual matters? God says "we MUST worship him with spirit and TRUTH" and we must have "accurate knowledge" of the things we believe and teach. If one is teaching something that is not truthful, it not only misleads those we are speaking to and that in turn puts their standing to god in doubt but o ...[text shortened]... e clear cut scriptures in the bible to prove a point. Every scripture in the bible is important.
    To worship God in spirit and truth does not mean we must know all the details about everything including the second death. If one had to know all the details about everything to worship God in spirit and truth, then that would exclude all humans because no human knows all the details about everything.

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I am simply stating what I believe the texts say. It is obvious that no one has been casts into the Lake of Fire and we can not know for such what happens there. I present what I believe the text says and you present what you believe it says, but neither of us can be certain.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:20
    Apparently ? You have a strongly held belief and you use the expression 'apparently'? That means you are guessing or not sure.

What about the matter or souls being immortal? Where is that in the Bible.
    Or is that another piece of guesswork?
    I am not guessing about the text. I am sure I understand what the text says, but I am not sure how it works.

The scripture says that souls can be destroyed in hell, but I don't know how that works.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:34
    Maybe you should compare these two attitudes :

YOURS : Torment them in hell forever for rejecting Christ

Christ : Luke 23:34 .. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Where did your attitude to those rejecting Christ originate. Certainly not from Christ himself. Sounds more like some other force is guiding you.
    You have admitted that the scriptures indicate that two other persons besides Satan will be tormented forever and ever. So what is so objectional about some others also being tormented forever and ever, if God wishes such a thing?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:351 edit
    I am not guessing about the text. I am sure I understand what the text says, but I am not sure how it works.

The scripture says that souls can be destroyed in hell, but I don't know how that works.
    Nobody is asking you to undestand how it works. Just repeating what the Bible actually says seem to be a problem for you.

Souls can be destroyed in hell.
    The beast, false prophet, and devil will be tormented.
    The Bible says the above two things clearly.

Saying that all those whose names are not in the book of life will be tormented for all eternity is not what the Bible says. And you have been saying that for a while now.

So what about the immortality of the souls. Does the Bible say that?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:44
    You have admitted that the scriptures indicate that two other persons besides Satan will be tormented forever and ever. So what is so objectional about some others also being tormented forever and ever, if God wishes such a thing?
    IF, if if if ? We are not discussing IFs.
    We are discussing what the Bible actually says.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:44
    Nobody is asking you to undestand how it works. Just repeating what the Bible actually says seem to be a problem for you.

Souls can be destroyed in hell.
    The beast, false prophet, and devil will be tormented.
    The Bible says the above two things clearly.

Saying that all those whose names are not in the book of life will be tormented for all eternity i ...[text shortened]... ng that for a while now.

So what about the immortality of the souls. Does the Bible say that?
    So are you saying that the demon angels that followed Satan in the rebellion against God will get off without being tormented in the Lake of Fire? Does that mean you believe the Lake of Fire is not an eternal place of torment?

No the Holy Bible does not say that souls are immortal. That is apparently what the Vedas say according to Dasa.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree