1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's not really submitting then is it? What if the authority you were "submitting" to decided that preaching against blood transfusions was prohibited, would you obey that edict?
    We don't preach against blood transfusions. We individually choose not to take blood. It's a conclusion we reach on our own.

(sorry for the spelling. sometimes my "a" doesn't come through)

The prohibition on "blood" was a replacement "house rule" by our Heavenly Father for the "house rule" on the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil' because that Tree and/or access to it were not available after the Flood of Noah's day.
    Jehovah replaced that original rule in order to have a way to see which of His children would be obedient.
    For Robbie, see p. 75 of Reasoning book.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 02:47
    Originally posted by roigam
    We don't preach against blood transfusions. We individually choose not to take blood. It's a conclusion we reach on our own.

The prohibition on "blood" was a replacement "house rule" by our Heavenly Father for the "house rule" on the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil' because that Tree an ...[text shortened]... a way to see which of His children would be obedient.
    Robbie pays attention to the false prophets and teachers of the Watchtower Society. Why not be wiser than that?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 02:59

The prohibition on "blood" was a replacement "house rule" by our Heavenly Father for the "house rule" on the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil' because that Tree an ...[text shortened]... a way to see which of His children would be obedient.
    Then why are JW's who have blood transfusions excommunicated (sorry can't remember the term you use for chucking out aberrant members)? This is not sounding like a matter of individual conscience to me.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 16:03
    Oh, really.

Then why the shunning behavior and dividing families when a member does have a transfusion?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 20:12
    But your "brother" Galveston75 is absolutely adamant that it is NOT personal choice. He says that abstaining from blood, including blood transfusions is a clear command of god and not open to interpretation.

How come you and he can hold such differing views on such an emotive and controversial topic?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 20:132 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, really.

Then why the shunning behavior and dividing families when a member does have a transfusion?
    I wish @beauroberts was here now.

Of course roigam will now duck out of this thread in true "JW pants down on the internet" form.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 21:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Then why are JW's who have blood transfusions excommunicated (sorry can't remember the term you use for chucking out aberrant members)? This is not sounding like a matter of individual conscience to me.
    I don't know where you get your info from but it is inaccurate.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 21:481 edit
    But your "brother" Galveston75 is absolutely adamant that it is NOT personal choice. He says that abstaining from blood, including blood transfusions is a clear command of god and not open to interpretation.

How come you and he can hold such differing views on such an emotive and controversial topic?
    That's exactly the conclusion we reach that leads us to avoid Blood.
    We just don't conclude anything for others. It's up to each one's conscience
    to do what's right.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 21:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, really.

Your information is also incorrect.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 21:531 edit
    I wish @beauroberts was here now.

Of course roigam will now duck out of this thread in true "JW pants down on the internet" form.
    I don't know BR but he is not telling you the whole truth if he said he was DF'd for taking blood. I assure you there is more to his situation than he is revealing if he every was a Jehovah's Witness. After being on this forum for aa while, I could easily think he's a red herring.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:07
    I don't know where you get your info from but it is inaccurate.
    Try reading through @beauroberts threads again; I think you know exactly what he is talking about.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:08
    That's exactly the conclusion we reach that leads us to avoid Blood.
    What is that supposed to mean? Deliberate obfuscation.

Your opinion on this matter (a matter of conscience or not) is directly opposed to Galveston75; how can you explain that?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:14
    I don't know BR but he is not telling you the whole truth if he said he was DF'd for taking blood. I assure you there is more to his situation than he is revealing if he every was a Jehovah's Witness. After being on this forum for aa while, I could easily think he's a red herring.
    Are you Jehovah's Witnesses all pathological liars; you were actively engaged in this thread which was started by him. Posters here have long memories mate.

Thread 162020
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:34
    Are you Jehovah's Witnesses all pathological liars; you were actively engaged in this thread which was started by him. Posters here have long memories mate.

Thread 162020
    As i said "ob smatz ker patz". If you are a chess player, you have no doubt heard that before.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:56
    As i said "ob smatz ker patz". If you are a chess player, you have no doubt heard that before.
    Nevermind the deflection tactics; so you are unable to explain why you hold an opposing opinion to galveston75?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree