Incarnations of the

Incarnations of the "Beast"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
04 Mar 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Running in circles with fingers in ears, saying "Naa, naa, naa... I can't hear you!"

Nice, ignoring his question while disrespecting him for asking it.

Too bad that tactic doesn't make you look any better or make your argument any more credible.
He doesn't know the difference between a reason and an excuse to begin with and in fact I was not dishonest. He did not understand my answer and he did not answer my previous question so, verse visa.
I also did not realize this was a popularity contest. If so, I'm out.
If anyone would like to discuss the "beast" further, this thread can get back on track.
(and D started this thread too.)

r

Moves
04 Mar 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Instead of replying to this post twice, how about about addressing my post where I caught you being dishonest (again) about the beauroberts thread. It's on page 4, 4th post up from the bottom.

In case you miss it because you...

- don't come here often enough*
- don't get to read all the replies to your posts*
- forget where you posted because ...[text shortened]... * excuses you have used
** excuses Galveston75 has used
*** other great excuses for future use
hey, u r good. I didn't think of all those reasons!
What would u say is the difference between an excuse and a reason?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Mar 15

Originally posted by sonship
I've tried to present a timeline for the "end times" but got way too many atheists laughing in my face, with them thinking I made it all up, calling me a "fundamentalist" over it, etc.

Your posts are not unappreciated by all. I get something from many of them. So you just have to gear your fellowship with some of us who will derive some benefit.
Let me ask you something.

If all the Christians on the planet are going to be "raptured up", then who are the martyrs spoken of in Revelation? Who will be left to spread the good news of the Gospel? Who will be left to be killed for worshipping God? I don't mean 'only' those who resist the mark. I mean those who will actively seek out new Christians to bring them to God during the Tribulation. I have my guesses, but want to see if you're on the same page as me. 🙂

D

Moves
04 Mar 15

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Mar 15

Originally posted by roigam
Ha! there u r again! u still didn't say what a divegeester is.
Is it perhaps some kind of animal?, vegetable?, mineral?
Your inability to address my question is noted.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Mar 15

What would u say is the difference between an excuse and a reason?
Intellectual dishonesty.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Mar 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Jesus also said, "For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them; but you do not always have Me." 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne in reply to sonship
Let me ask you something.

If all the Christians on the planet are going to be "raptured up", then who are the martyrs spoken of in Revelation? Who will be left to spread the good news of the Gospel? Who will be left to be killed for worshipping God? I don't mean 'only' those who resist the mark. I mean those who will actively seek ou ...[text shortened]... od during the Tribulation. I have my guesses, but want to see if you're on the same page as me. 🙂
>The Tribulation will occur immediately following the Rapture [exit] of Christ's Royal Family which is transferred to heaven.

"Because you have kept the word of My [a]perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of [b]testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole [c]world, to [d]test those who dwell on the earth." (Revelation 3:10).

[Footnotes: a.Revelation 3:10 Or steadfastness; b. Revelation 3:10 Or temptation; c. Revelation 3:10 Lit inhabited earth; d. Revelation 3:10 Or tempt.]

>Unregenerate Jews and Gentiles who become believers in Christ will be persecuted with many martyred during the next seven years. God's primary witness and missionary agency will be the 144,000 Jewish evangelists as prophesied.

"And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: from the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand, from the tribe of Gad twelve thousand, from the tribe of Asher twelve thousand, from the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand, from the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand, from the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand, from the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand, from the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand, from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed." (Revelation 7:4-8).

>Old Testament Prophets Moses and Elijah will also be resuscitated for a short but effective ministry in Jerusalem.

"And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire. When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which [a]mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead [b]bodies for three and a half days, and [c]will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.

And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; [d]seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven." (Revelation 11:3-13)

[Footnotes: a. Revelation 11:8 Lit spiritually; b. Revelation 11:9 Lit body; c. Revelation 11:9 Lit do not permit; d. Revelation 11:13 Lit names of people, seven thousand.]

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+11%3A3-13&version=NASB

>Since God's grace precedes judgment, the entire world will be evangelized prior to Christ's 2nd Advent/Millennial Reign.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
>The Tribulation will occur immediately following the Rapture [exit] of Christ's Royal Family which is transferred to heaven.

"Because you have kept the word of My [a]perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of [b]testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole [c]world, to [d]test those who dwell on the earth." (Revelation 3:10). ...[text shortened]... es judgment, the entire world will be evangelized prior to Christ's 2nd Advent/Millennial Reign.

NOT SO. This is what the Lord Jesus said:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(Matthew 24:29-31 KJV)

And the Apostle Paul referring to the word of the Lord Jesus said:

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 15

Originally posted by RJHinds

NOT SO. This is what the Lord Jesus said:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the power ...[text shortened]... ord.[/b]

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV)
"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:29-31 KJV)

Note: "after the tribulation" refers to the return of Jesus Christ [His Second Advent which begins the Millennium].

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Mar 15

"Immediately [b]after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man ...[text shortened]... ibulation" refers to the return of Jesus Christ [His Second Advent which begins the Millennium].[/b]
I was only pointing out that the tribulation occurs before the rapture according to the Lord Jesus. 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 15

I was only pointing out that the tribulation occurs before the rapture according to the Lord Jesus. 😏

"Because you have kept the word of My [a]perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of [b]testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole [c]world, to [d]test those who dwell on the earth." (Revelation 3:10).

[Footnotes: a.Revelation 3:10 Or steadfastness; b. Revelation 3:10 Or temptation; c. Revelation 3:10 Lit inhabited earth; d. Revelation 3:10 Or tempt.]

Note: There is no prophesy to be fulfilled during the Church Age prior to the Rapture which is therefore imminent.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Mar 15

Your government might put you in prison for tax fraud too. 😏
How so? Sorry, I'm not following you here.

r

Moves
05 Mar 15
2 edits

"Because you have kept the word of My [a]perseverance, [b]I also will keep you from
the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole [c]world, to [d]test those who dwell on the earth." ([i]Revelatio ...[text shortened]... prophesy to be fulfilled during the Church Age prior to the Rapture which is therefore imminent.
If you feel no other prophecies are to be fulfilled how do you understand:
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-6) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape. But you, brothers, you are not in darkness, so that the day should overtake you as it would thieves, 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness. 6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.
It would seem that Christ's true followers would still be here when this prophecy is fulfilled.
Also, when do you feel this will occur?
(Psalm 91:7, 8) A thousand will fall at your side And ten thousand at your right hand, But to you it will not come near.  8 You will only see it with your eyes As you witness the punishment of the wicked.
You don't seem to have your timeline straight and you won't until you take out your idea of the "rapture" which word or idea was never foretold in the Bible. The end is a progressive event and as Jesus said, (Matthew 24:13) But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Mar 15
1 edit

If you feel no other prophecies are to be fulfilled how do you understand:
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-6) Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destru ...[text shortened]... ssive event and as Jesus said, (Matthew 24:13) But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.
The Day of the Lord: 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-6 "Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord [a]will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then [b ]destruction [c]will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you [d]like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as [e]others do, but let us be alert and [f]sober. [Footnotes: a. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 Lit is coming; b. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 Or sudden destruction; c. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 Lit comes upon; d. 1 Thessalonians 5:4 One early ms reads like thieves; e. 1 Thessalonians 5:6 Lit the remaining ones; f.1 Thessalonians 5:6 Or self-controlled.]

"a. Concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you: The Thessalonians were well taught about the return of Jesus and other prophetic matters. Paul taught them about the times and the seasons regarding the return of Jesus. They had an idea of the prophetic times they lived in, and they could discern the seasons of the present culture.

i. Again, we are impressed that Paul was with the Thessalonians only for a few weeks (Acts 17:2). In that time, he taught them about the prophetic times and seasons regarding the return of Jesus. Paul would be surprised that some people today consider the return of Jesus an unimportant teaching.

ii. Jesus criticized the religious leaders of His day because they could not discern the signs of the times (Matthew 16:1-3). We should also study the Scriptures, and look to the world around us, so we can be aware of the times and the seasons.

iii. Hiebert on times and seasons: "The first designates time in its duration, whether a longer or shorter period; the second draws attention to the characteristics of the period. The first deals with the measurement of time, the second with the suitable or critical nature of the time."

b. The day of the Lord so comes: With this phrase, Paul quoted a familiar Old Testament idea. The idea behind the phrase the day of the Lord is that this is Gods' time. Man has his "day," and the Lord has His day. In the ultimate sense, the day of the Lord is fulfilled with Jesus judges the earth and returns in glory.

i. It does not refer to a single day, but to a season when God rapidly advances His agenda to the end of the age. The day of the Lord "Is a familiar Old Testament expression. It denotes the day when God intervenes in history to judge His enemies, deliver His people, and establish His kingdom." (Hiebert)

c. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night: The Thessalonians knew, and had been taught, that they couldn't know the day of Jesus' return. That day would remain unknown, and come as a surprise, as a thief in the night. A thief does not announce the exact time of his arrival.

i. Some take the idea that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night to mean that nothing can or should be known about God's prophetic plan for the future. Yet Paul indicated that they definitely knew that the time could not be definitely known.

ii. Paul certainly was not one to set dates in regard to prophecy, and Jesus forbade setting dates when He said of that day and hour no one knows (Matthew 24:36). God wants this day to be unexpected, but He wants His people to be prepared for the unexpected." http://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_1Th/1Th_5.cfm?a=1116002

Note: Christ presented Himself as the Son of David, the King of the Jews, to Israel which refused to accept her rightful King. The promised earthly kingdom will occur during the Millennial Reign of Christ which begins immediately after the conclusion of the Tribulation. Here's an Outline of the Dispensations of History:

Age of the Gentiles; Age of Israel; First Advent of Christ in Hypostatic Union; Church Age now; Tribulation; Millennium.