Insulting Christians .......

Insulting Christians .......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

The men's club getting lonely? Ever think of a religion where women are equal, welcome to a better century gents.

e

Moves
06 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coletti
But there's nothing wrong with warning people they are heading for a cliff.
Following your logic, I must warn you about the error of your thinking. Your negative actions from both this and previous lives will propel you to a new birth of uncertain, possibly unbearable, suffering.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Jun 05

I can't say for sure who's gonna burn and who's going to glory. But there's nothing wrong with warning people they are heading for a cliff. Has anyone here been personally condemned to hell - any one in particular - or is it just a general thing?
RBHill's 'Good People' go to Hell is just one example.

Another thing is, if we were in a car together... and I was driving really fast... you might say, "you might want to slow down, you could go off the cliff". I'd say, "Fine, but I know what I'm doing". Heck, I might even pump the brakes.

Next you say, "Slow down, there is a cliff ahead". I say, "Yeah, I heard you the first time... and I slowed down already".

Next you say, "No, really! Careful of the cliff".

"Dude, relax! Come to think of it, there aren’t any cliffs around here... what are you going on about?!"

Next you say, "Really, slow down... there is a cliff".

Anyway, warning of a cliff is fine... but don't over do it. Next, no one has ever been insulted by someone warning them they are going off a cliff. People have different ideas about how the world works, your ideas are not better than any other ideas in my mind. Think I'm going to hell, that is up to you... but you are wrong. Keep saying it, and you are insulting MY beliefs.

ES

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by eagles54
Following your logic, I must warn you about the error of your thinking. Your negative actions from both this and previous lives will propel you to a new birth of uncertain, possibly unbearable, suffering.
I'll consider myself warned.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
RBHill's 'Good People' go to Hell is just one example.

Another thing is, if we were in a car together... and I was driving really fast... you might say, "you might want to slow down, you could go off the cliff". I'd say, "Fine, but I know what I'm doing". Heck, I might even pump the brakes.

Next you say, "Slow down, there is a cliff ahe ...[text shortened]... t is up to you... but you are wrong. Keep saying it, and you are insulting MY beliefs.

ES
I think you are taking a general warning personally. And maybe you should. But going from my general warning to an insult to your personal beliefs is something you must decided.

A lot of "good people" will go to hell because according to my belief system, being "good" is not the thing that can save you. Just because in your mind "this idea" of mine is no better than anyone else's, does not change the fact that my belief system also includes a moral obligation to warn you. Would you expect someone to violate their conscience in order to not offend? And regardless if the message could be presented in a less offensive way - it is still better to offend, then be morally negligent.

RB or any other Christian is better off being offensive than silent in violation of his beliefs. To be silent would be unloving.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
The men's club getting lonely? Ever think of a religion where women are equal, welcome to a better century gents.

That religion is called Feminism.

e

Moves
06 Jun 05

I'll consider myself warned.
Great. The warning is mutual.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
06 Jun 05

I think you are taking a general warning personally. And maybe you should. But going from my general warning to an insult to your personal beliefs is something you must decided.

A lot of "good people" will go to hell because according to my belief system, being "good" is not the thing that can save you. Just because in your mind "this idea" of ...[text shortened]... er off being offensive than silent in violation of his beliefs. To be silent would be unloving.
Yep, and this is why it has always struck me as flat wrong when people argue that the religious beliefs of others ought to remain private, or seperated from the political arena. I don't begrudge anybody their right to speak openly about their religious beliefs, and I hope nobody begrudges my right to harshly criticize those religious beliefs that are patently absurd.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

I said equal. See this has been my complaint all along. Equality is'nt the demise of civilisation ivanhoe. Untill men and women are equal in all regards you have nothing but a fallacy. Concepts of free will fall flat on their face if one person can not make the same choice as another.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Feminism is not a religion, in any but the most tortured sense of the term 'religion'. If a woman is a feminist and a Catholic, does that mean she has two religions, Ivanhoe?

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Feminism is not a religion, in any but the most tortured sense of the term 'religion'. If a woman is a feminist and a Catholic, does that mean she has two religions, Ivanhoe?
We see lots of these "tortured terms" here Bbarr.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by bbarr

Yes, Mr. Literalist.

l

London

Moves
06 Jun 05

Hit me with your best shot!
Here ... take that and THAT.

Had enough? 'Cos I could do this all day ...

LH

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
We see lots of these "tortured terms" here Bbarr.
Well, I guess I should thank Ivanhoe for pointing out that, unbeknownst to me, I actually am a religious person!

Where and when does the feminist congregation meet, I wonder? They must think me horribly lax.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 05