1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:08
    Originally posted by bbarr
    No, but it certainly helps the getting of some.😉

Pragmatism is also a religion. You must be a firm believer on more than one front ..... 😉
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:10
    Well, being married often turns one to pragmatism (and to feminism, for that matter).
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:121 edit

5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:16
    Well, Ivanhoe is a good chap, really. He just gets a bit confused as to why women don't like being treated like chattel.

A woman Pope ? Impossible. We would be having somebody called Mope sitting in the Vatican and we would be calling her Holy Mother.

I understand the urge some feminists and others feel to reform the Roman Catholic faith according to the Germanistic myths, but it will take a few years before we reach that point, I'm afraid.

Mope Nyxie ...... Oh well ..... I can see the humour of it.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:17
    Well, being married often turns one to pragmatism (and to feminism, for that matter).

They're the boss ......
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:17
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

A woman Pope ? Impossible. We would be having somebody called Mope sitting in the Vatican and we would be calling her Holy Mother.

I understand the urge some feminists and others feel to reform the Roman Catholic faith according to the Germanistic myths, but it will take a few years before we reach that point, I'm afraid.

Mope Nyxie ...... Oh well ..... I can see the humour of it.
    Glad you think it's funny. Am I supposed to throw in the obligatory "jerkwad" now or later?
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:20

9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:211 edit
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Am I supposed to throw in the obligatory "jerkwad" now or later?
    What's the point? Even calling Ivanhoe's worldview 'misogynistic' isn't fun anymore, alas. My heart's just not in it. We've been arguing so long that sometimes it feels like we're an old married couple.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:23
    Glad you think it's funny. Am I supposed to throw in the obligatory "jerkwad" now or later?

So you actually read No1's posts ? Then your sensitivity must have sunk very low by now.

Do you alert his posts ? ...
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:251 edit
    What's the point? Even calling Ivanhoe's worldview 'misogynistic' isn't fun anymore, alas. My heart's just not in it. We've been arguing so long that sometimes it feels like we're an old married couple.

The truth hurts, I know ..... maybe we should go for a divorce.
  12. London
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:27
    Maybe you are... only I think you've got the longer fuse (no pun intended!) 🙂

LH
  13. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:31
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

So you actually read No1's posts ? Then your sensitivity must have sunk very low by now.

Do you alert his posts ? ...
    I've never seen him act like you do, nor have I seen any inflamatory bigoted or sexist statements come from him. If I did, I'd speak up.

And I'm ussually able to follow no1's logic, this ability escapes me however when I try to read yours.

Your attitude reminds me of a little child being caught doing something wrong, and what does he do, he points the finger at someone else. He was coerced, he did it first, I was just follwing...

You ever rad the the Bible? Read the garden of eden story ivanhoe. In it it says that the serpent tricked Eve. It does'nt say Adam was tricked.

When God asked what happened Eve said " I was tricked"

When God asked Adam he pointed at Eve.

"the woman that thou gavest me"! No responility for his own actions.

You can stop pointing your finger now ivanhoe.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:35
    I've never seen him act like you do, nor have I seen any inflamatory bigoted or sexist statements come from him. If I did, I'd speak up.

And I'm ussually able to follow no1's logic, this ability escapes me however when I try to read yours.

Your attitude reminds me of a little child being caught doing something wrong, and what does he do, he points th ...[text shortened]... vest me"! No responility for his own actions.

You can stop pointing your finger now ivanhoe.

Nyxie: "And I'm ussually able to follow no1's logic, ... "

Congratulations, that is an achievement of gargantuan proportions.
  15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jun '05 20:54
    I said equal. See this has been my complaint all along. Equality is'nt the demise of civilisation ivanhoe. Untill men and women are equal in all regards you have nothing but a fallacy. Concepts of free will fall flat on their face if one person can not make the same choice as another.
    Men and women are spiritual equal in God's eyes. But they are not the same (thankfully). As far as free will goes - men are women are the same there also - without free will. I'm an equal opportunity determinist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree