1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 15:23
    Does anyone else think that the existence of the Pontiac Aztec proves conclusively that concept of "Intelligent Design" is a hoax? Are there other "proofs" out there, for instance, I think that the modern television-media center that requires me to have five remote controls, none of which seem to work, and where I still have to get up to push a blue light (I'm not joking) before I can switch to DVD from TV is absolute proof that random chaos chance has a better chance of advancing civilization than the so-called intelligent whatever that thought to design what we have where we are today. After 20 billion years, wouldn't we likely be further along than pet rocks, hula hoops, and special pharmacy offers where every word of the drug is misspelled? Would you buy a drug from a pharmacist that couldn't spell the drug name right? Okay, maybe I'm too big of a cynic. Sure, there's intelligent design, only the intelligence has a twisted sense of humor. Right. I should be laughing, I suppose. Did I miss the joke?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 15:53
    The thought of Intelligent Design is not other than the religious Creationism.
    It has nothing to do with science.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 16:011 edit
    Apparently I didn't express my point clearly, as it was intended to be humorus, actually. I apologize.
  4. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 16:52
    Originally posted by coquette
    Apparently I didn't express my point clearly, as it was intended to be humorus, actually. I apologize.
    It was funny...but I checked and so far Pontiac has not come out with that model.

I think it's a Dodge 🙂

Dave
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 17:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The thought of Intelligent Design is not other than the religious Creationism.
    It has nothing to do with science.
    It isn't that it has nothing to do with science, it just reaches a
    conclusion and science never does that.
    Kelly
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 17:29
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    It was funny...but I checked and so far Pontiac has not come out with that model.

I think it's a Dodge 🙂

Dave
    oops! sorry pontiac! 😉
  7. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 18:57
    Originally posted by nmdavidb

I think it's a Dodge 🙂

Dave
    Already come and gone, Pontiac Aztek, we hardly knew ye.

picture at http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/Pontiac-Aztek-2002.jpg
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 21:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It isn't that it has nothing to do with science, it just reaches a
    conclusion and science never does that.
    Kelly
    Still, Intelligence Design is nothing but religion. You have to believe in it, you need to have faith in it, and therefore it doesn't mean that ID is even near the truth.

Bring this thread to Spirituality! It's religion and Spirituality is the place for it.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 22:21
    Still, Intelligence Design is nothing but religion. You have to believe in it, you need to have faith in it, and therefore it doesn't mean that ID is even near the truth.

Bring this thread to Spirituality! It's religion and Spirituality is the place for it.
    I don't think it is a religion, you'd have to show that to be true.
    I'm a creationist and that is religion, I don't call myself an ID person.
    What about ID makes it a religion to you?
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 22:23

The fact you want this in Spirituality is a strick against you as far as
    I'm concern with respect to you being able to speak to ID and do it
    if fairly.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 01:261 edit
    This thread is currently in the Science forum. I'd like to hear opinions on where it belongs:

A. Science forum, because it's a serious discussion of a scientific nature.
    B. Spirituality forum, because it involves non-scientific concepts and serious discussion of belief systems.
    C. General forum, because it's clearly intended as a frivolous entertainment thread, focussing on the concept: Would an intelligent individual have created such a crazy world?

I'd personally go for C, so that the wider community can enjoy it, but that's just my 2c worth. 🙂
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 03:18
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    This thread is currently in the Science forum. I'd like to hear opinions on where it belongs:

A. Science forum, because it's a serious discussion of a scientific nature.
    B. Spirituality forum, because it involves non-scientific concepts and serious discussion of belief systems.
    C. General forum, because it's clearly intended as a frivolous entert ...[text shortened]... onally go for C, so that the wider community can enjoy it, but that's just my 2c worth. 🙂
    Perhaps it has more to do with the Crazy people being in the world, than the world being crazy 😉 !!
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 04:33
    Originally posted by coquette
    Does anyone else think that the existence of the Pontiac Aztec proves conclusively that concept of "Intelligent Design" is a hoax? ..... Did I miss the joke?
    Obviously I missed the joke - the Pontiac Aztec looks like an ordinary car to me, what's so funny?
  14. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 05:05
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Obviously I missed the joke - the Pontiac Aztec looks like an ordinary car to me, what's so funny?
    The photo doesn't really capture what it looks like in real life. That's a later model too, which appears to be pretty reasonable.

This is closer to what I was thinking of, although it was in an accident, which actually improved it's appearance.

http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=634884
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 06:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't think it is a religion, you'd have to show that to be true.
    I'm a creationist and that is religion, I don't call myself an ID person.
    What about ID makes it a religion to you?
    Kelly
    The main part of Intelligent Design is that the world is created intellignetly. This intelligence is not human, it has a divine origin. Hence it has nothing to do with science, because science doesn't deal with divinity.

Creationism is now called Inteligent Design because of political reasons. In some schools in US you can't teach Creationistm, som if you change the name to ID then you can continue to teach the soma thing.

I would gladly discuss Intelligenct Design, but only where it belongs - in Spiritual Forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree