Intelligent Design?

Intelligent Design?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
19 Apr 08

Originally posted by KellyJay
You know "it is people" not some being called science that says the
earth is 4.5 billion years old, you should get at least that little bit
straight in your head before you move on. People not some being
called science 'believe' the earth is what they say it is, that does not
mean it is, it is only accepted by people that is the way it is. You
attempti ...[text shortened]... for "people say"! Come back to earth and live
here with the rest of us will you!
Kelly
Actually KJ this is where your wrong, its data which says the earth is 4.5 billion years. The only people who don't accept this are people who believe in a young earth. Most of these people have an imaginary friend who supposedly wrote a book which disagrees with this data. Therefore the data cannot be correct.

Saying science says isn't saying "people say" its saying the data says.....

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
19 Apr 08

KJ do you truly want to understand evolution?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Apr 08

You are good at mind reading and understand what I am and I am
not interested in doing? You don't have a clue, you simply spend
more time worrying about 'motives' than the questions.
Kelly
Reading minds? I don't have to, you already said 'god' created the universe and you don't care if it took 8000 years or 8 billion years, you are positive some god did it. And I assume, you think after it made the universe, is somehow manages the movement of every atom from the big bang onwards, forcing them to do its bidding. So tell me I'm wrong.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Apr 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Reading minds? I don't have to, you already said 'god' created the universe and you don't care if it took 8000 years or 8 billion years, you are positive some god did it. And I assume, you think after it made the universe, is somehow manages the movement of every atom from the big bang onwards, forcing them to do its bidding. So tell me I'm wrong.
If you want to bring up old spiritual board debates I suggest you go
to the spiritual board to do it. Yes, you here are mind reading, I have
been sticking to what we can see and hear in the here and now. My
views about ID are being discussed, if you wish to bring faith and
religion into a discussion about ID I suggest you start a thread in the
spiritual board.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Apr 08

Originally posted by Mexico
Actually KJ this is where your wrong, its data which says the earth is 4.5 billion years. The only people who don't accept this are people who believe in a young earth. Most of these people have an imaginary friend who supposedly wrote a book which disagrees with this data. Therefore the data cannot be correct.

Saying science says isn't saying "people say" its saying the data says.....
You have heard some guy named "science" speak about how old the
age of the earth or universe is have you? That is the bottom line,
if you want to tell me the "to you" or "to joe blow" the data suggests
X to them, that is not the same thing as saying, X is true. If you
cannot wrap your mind around that and see it for what it is, that is
another important topic altogether.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mexico
KJ do you truly want to understand evolution?
The topic is ID, did you see me say ONE WORD about evolution being
wrong here, or I cared to take a class for it given by you? Did you see
me question evolution, did you see me say evolution was wrong, and
in error any where in this discussion? You are very selective on what
you respond to.
Kelly

w

Moves
20 Apr 08

Originally posted by MissOleum
That has got to be some designer's nightmare .... couldn't believe my eyes! A decent prang would have to improve its looks...

I'm in favour of chaos - I believe it's a synonym for design. Remember the mug which won an international design award - and one or two million mugs later they realised you can't drink out of it without dribbling down both sides of your face! Intelligent design is almost an oxymoron.
So you favor chaos and others favor God. Really that is the dividing line in the two ideologies and yes they are both ideologies and NOT science. If you don't agree then tell me where is the scientific "proof" for either? It would help if science could at least create living organism like a cell in the hopes of proving these things might occur haphazardly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Apr 08

Originally posted by whodey
So you favor chaos and others favor God. Really that is the dividing line in the two ideologies and yes they are both ideologies and NOT science. If you don't agree then tell me where is the scientific "proof" for either? It would help if science could at least create living organism like a cell in the hopes of proving these things might occur haphazardly.
If people through science created life that proves what?
Kelly

w

Moves
20 Apr 08
1 edit

If people through science created life that proves what?
Kelly
It would prove that life could be created by mankind or that it is possible to do at all devoid of God initiating it. At least it would give them a scientific leg to stand on. It would at least demonstrate the scientific process of trial and observation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Apr 08

It would prove that life could be created by mankind or that it is possible to do at all devoid of God initiating it. At least it would give them a scientific leg to stand on. It would at least demonstrate the scientific process of trial and observation.
In other words ID is the route to go?
Kelly

M

Moves
20 Apr 08

You've misused my post here - I'm not part of your scientific-religious-intelligentdesign debate - I'm talking to coquette about weird design of cars and mugs by so-called designers. Please don't drag me into your debate just because you've hijacked the original humorous thread.

w

Moves
20 Apr 08
1 edit

In other words ID is the route to go?
Kelly
I would say that it is "a" route to go that is just as viable as the "chaos" theory since there is no "proof" for either. However, in my mind if you can't duplicate what you insist happened "naturally" then you have a problem. Of course, its not my problem because I believe we had a designer and creator.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Apr 08

I would say that it is "a" route to go that is just as viable as the "chaos" theory since there is no "proof" for either. However, in my mind if you can't duplicate what you insist happened "naturally" then you have a problem. Of course, its not my problem because I believe we had a designer and creator.
And you feel that way because if it were to be unrelated to a fairy god mother you would feel completely alone but with your invisible friend, you always have a backup for your certainty.

P

weedhopper

Moves
20 Apr 08

Darwin was no scientist, so you'll have to accept the fact that I do NOT accept his "facts" as "Gospel truth". 😀

t

Australia

Moves
21 Apr 08

You have evidence that no God is required? That is a spiritual form
sort of statement isn't it? I mean I don't know what you could show me
or anyone that says this shows that no God is required. I don't know
you have something that shows us how you get something from
nothing? Personally, I believe that those that reject God can be just
as pig headed wi ...[text shortened]... too, it is more of a human
trait than a 'theist' trait in my opinion, do you agree?
Kelly
I agree there are pig headed people in all walks of life. I can not speak for all atheist scientists, but I can give you my viewpoint. I believe in all the vast and various forms of evidence in favour of evolution, however not in a fundamentalist type of way. If evidence was provided to suggest otherwise then I would not blindly hold onto this belief in a faith based way. I will reject the god hypothesis until evidence is provided in its favour.

In my experience a fundamentalist belief without evidence is a theist trait. However, we are all capable of pig headedness.

Regards