1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 01:04
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You made my day, CJ. Thoughtful arguments and reasonable opinions are rare in these parts.
    Wow, like no one's ever made this argument before.

/eyeroll
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 01:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne

/eyeroll
    Does rare mean no one?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 03:153 edits
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It takes how long for a seed to become a tree.
    Millions of years for a single cell to evolve. I think i can handle that.
    Cells do not evolve into different kinds of cells. Cells grow and cells divide to reproduce and to replace dead or damaged cells, but they do not evolve.

YouTube

YouTube

Sperm And Egg Cells

YouTube

This is what some might call evolving, but this is a part of reproducing after its kind that is preprogrammed by the DNA information.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 03:211 edit

/eyeroll
    Handy Andy may have been around for a while, but i've rarely seen his name here before. It stands to reason he is fairly new in this column.
  5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 05:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Evolution maintains small changes over time, I accept that.
    You want to suggest those changes over time can go from say a single cell
    till all the variety of life we see today, that is a huge leap of faith in my
    opinion.
    Kelly
    OK, problem solved.

You are a regular YEC and do not believe evolution as generally understood is the best explanation that we currently have.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '14 23:09
    Caljust and All Others,
    Go look into the words of the scripture: You will have to look at the old language of Hebrew to see what is meant in Genesis. It isn't God that thinks He figuratively created the world, it is man that came up with that idea. God said that He created, but man says He blew up the universe to make it. God said He created male and female, but man says a human evolved. If man doesn't know the answer, man should just say so. Scientists should just say, I don't know everything. Why do you think that you know everything about God that there is to know? Your soul depends on God, not another man's so called, "hypothesis, study, or research." Your belief is on your shoulder's and not any human else's. Why would you depend on another man or woman to have the answers for your personal soul?

Look at the meaning of the Hebrew. These Hebrew words are not my words. I have not made them up. I too have to believe in God. I too have to accept Christ to be my Savior. You never have to agree with me, but you will have to agree with God about His Son. The bible says so.

What parts of the bible I share with you are not my words. I too have to put faith in Christ. The scripture was written long before us. The scripture is not my opinion. The scripture came before the bible was put together. The bible is not my opinion. If you and I both disagree with God about Jesus, the Christ. Then it will be us who will suffer for unbelief. It won't be God who will suffer.

Look at the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. If you will not believe the original languages and their meanings, then how will I be able to help? I urge you to consider that God can do exceedingly abundantly all that we ASK or THINK. He isn't confined to our brain's abilities to think or imagine.

King James Version
    ==================
    Ephesians 3: 17 - 21
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 14:22

/eyeroll
    C'mon Suzy, gimme a break!

Who was it that said they could live a week on a good compliment?😵
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 21:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's not a leap of faith when we can see a time when there were only single cell life forms then later layers have multi-cell life forms.

The evidence is there for anyone to see if you wish but of course that would interfere with your 6000 year old Earth myth.

In the future there will be less and less of your kind of thinking as people begin to reason ...[text shortened]... furious, FASTER and FURIOUSER, EXTREMELY fast and FRIGHTFULLY Furious.

Just like the bible.
    If you wish you can see evidence for big foot, I'd prefer to see something
    that is true today, not something some has to be suggested is true, such as
    making a claim that one life form turned into another millions or billions
    or years ago as if they know for a fact it actually occurred. There are single
    life forms today and multi cell life forms today, for all you know they were
    not related they were just in different layers. You have a lot of faith about
    this stuff no doubt about it.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 21:54
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It takes how long for a seed to become a tree.
    Millions of years for a single cell to evolve. I think i can handle that.
    A seed becoming a tree isn't the same thing as evolution, the tree that
    comes from a tree was programmed into the seed. Nothing about that
    has to with one life from evolving into something quite different.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 21:56
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's straining to the extreme. To claim you believe in evolution and also think the world is only a few thousand years old is as bonkers as it gets.
    You don't have a stinking clue how everything got here, because of that
    if it didn't show up the way you believe it did, it could have shown up in
    ANY other way. I don't claim I know how old everything is, I say I believe
    or have faith, it isn't something I make factual claims about as you do.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 21:59
    Originally posted by CalJust
    OK, problem solved.

You are a regular YEC and do not believe evolution as generally understood is the best explanation that we currently have.
    LOL, best explanation you have...sorry that opinion is just that, an opinion.
    Believe what you will.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 22:021 edit
    A seed becoming a tree isn't the same thing as evolution, the tree that
    comes from a tree was programmed into the seed. Nothing about that
    has to with one life from evolving into something quite different.
    Kelly
    You are right. These numbnuts think a tadpole becoming a frog or a caterpillar becoming a butterfly or a maggot becoming a fly is evolution. They even think that a sperm cell uniting with an egg cell and producing an embryo and becoming a baby is all evolution in action. That is why they say they see it happening every day. What a bunch of numbnuts.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 22:141 edit
    I'm a young earth creationist, and I believe in evolution. Anything can be
    used to be anti-God even the Bible. People use almost anything to suit their
    own ends.
    Kelly
    If I recall rightly, Dr. Hugh Ross points out that Young Earth Creationists actually have a very ambitious evolutionary theory related to how animals changed after coming off of the ark of Noah.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    If I recall rightly, Dr. Hugh Ross points out that Young Earth Creationists actually have a very ambitious evolutionary theory related to how animals changed after coming off of the ark of Noah.
    Young Earth Creationists have no evolution theory. We believe in variation within kinds due to the reproduction, growth, and development process. There is absolutely no belief that kinds change to other kinds not created by God. We only believe that God has allowed for variations within kinds for various reasons of His choosing. One of these reasons is to replenish and fill the Earth with variety.

Creation in Common Sense

YouTube
  15. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 13:05
    Originally posted by sonship
    (Originally posted by KellyJay)
    I'm a young earth creationist, and I believe in evolution. Anything can be
    used to be anti-God even the Bible. People use almost anything to suit their
    own ends.
    Kelly

This wasn't intended to be another (yawn!) thread about evolution per se, but merely to point out that it is factually incorrect to state that Evolution is anti-Christian, or that there are no Christian Evolutionists. Anybody that says so is wilfully malicious, since there is ample proof to the contrary.

However, what has come out is the various misinterpretations of what Evolution actually is.

When Kelly Jay says he believes in Evolution, but is a YEC, then he is clearly talking about something that is, at best, a tiny subset of the normally accepted definition, to whit, minor changes within a species.

Also, no scientist of any kind would suggest that a larva turning into a moth is evolution - that should not even require a response, but clearly does.
    🙄🙄

Before abandoning this thread, I would like to ask KellyJay, sonship and RJH very directly whether they accept my premise (that there do, in fact, exist Christian evolutionists), no matter how uncomfortable and abhorrent the concept may be to them, and if not, why not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree