1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 14:53
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    what are you doing in this forum?

and what law does the existance of god violate? or the existance of the flying spaghetti monster? and what would it matter in a debate?

i issued you the preconditions of this debate. i asked you a question. a question that violates nothing. answer it or please stop being a carrobie.
    What I'm doing? I debate, of course. Do you rather want me to answer in a fashion you want to? Give me the answer and I return it immediate. But then it's not a debate. I'm debateing, what did you think?

There is no law that forbid god to exist. If you seek such a scientific law, you are in vain. Religion and science cannot ever mix. If you do believe that spaghetti monster exist, then it's in your religious world and the same answer applies.

I think I have answered your question. By starting a question with a impossible hypothesis (that Youda is a god) then you cannot have any meaningful answer in return.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What I'm doing? I debate, of course. Do you rather want me to answer in a fashion you want to? Give me the answer and I return it immediate. But then it's not a debate. I'm debateing, what did you think?

There is no law that forbid god to exist. If you seek such a scientific law, you are in vain. Religion and science cannot ever mix. If you do believe sible hypothesis (that Youda is a god) then you cannot have any meaningful answer in return.
    then we are done here. you understood nothing.
    furthermore it is now my opinion that you are not debating. you are communicating your belief just like the fundamentalists do. twhite is debating. bosse is debating. seems you don't and i am sorry to have mistaken you for a debater.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 14:59
    i already said yoda will make your 80 year old mother snowboard world champion. and i already told you you accept yoda as your god. and i already told you this is the precondition to this debate, we are not arguing that.

geez you are like the kid that joins 10 other kids in playing footbal and then ask if you could touch the ball with your hands and body ...[text shortened]... ent (for the sake of argument) then you are free to be a carrobie. there is no law against that.
    If you say that Yoda will make my dead 80 year old mother be a snowboard world champion, then it is way too much religion to me. A just cannot answer the question. What is your anwer? Can Yoda make my 80 year old mother resurrect and win the champion? Perhaps this religion is something for me.

You are stubborn (not negatively), you want an answer to an unanswerable question, and you instist to have it, and you are prepared to enter the 3rd millennia to get it? Sorry, do you want me to invent something?

If my student want to know what will happen if we fly in the speed of light, I give him the same answer: "It cannot be done". Even if he put the same question for the thousand time, I cannot lie to him and invent an answer. He can namecall me anything he wants, but the fact stands. A question with an inbuilt error cannot be answered.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 15:02
    then we are done here. you understood nothing.
    furthermore it is now my opinion that you are not debating. you are communicating your belief just like the fundamentalists do. twhite is debating. bosse is debating. seems you don't and i am sorry to have mistaken you for a debater.
    Then tell me what you want me to answer, then I give you that very answer immediately. But if you want me to answer truthfully, give you my opinion in the matter, i.e. debating, then you have to accept that answer.

You can beliee whatever you want, it interests me, because I enjoy a good debate. But if my answers don't please you, then I can only regret.

Now, what answer do you want?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 15:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you say that Yoda will make my dead 80 year old mother be a snowboard world champion, then it is way too much religion to me. A just cannot answer the question. What is your anwer? Can Yoda make my 80 year old mother resurrect and win the champion? Perhaps this religion is something for me.

You are stubborn (not negatively), you want an answer to an ...[text shortened]... e anything he wants, but the fact stands. A question with an inbuilt error cannot be answered.
    what are you doing in this forum. don't say debating because you are refusing it. this is not the science forum. i am not required to deal with every minor insane detail. i am not required to tell you that it is not REALLY your 80 year old mother. that we are talking hypothetically. for the sake of argument. philosophically speaking.

if i were to come to the science forum and say that "suppose 1+1=3..." you could stop me there. i am in the spirituality forum. and so are you even if you missed that. so if i am telling you "supose your mother would have dated hitler" i am not calling your mother a nazi fuker. i can't believe i am explaining what a hypothetical situation means.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 15:11
    what are you doing in this forum. don't say debating because you are refusing it. this is not the science forum. i am not required to deal with every minor insane detail. i am not required to tell you that it is not REALLY your 80 year old mother. that we are talking hypothetically. for the sake of argument. philosophically speaking.

if i were to come ...[text shortened]... mother a nazi fuker. i can't believe i am explaining what a hypothetical situation means.
    You are going further and further off topic in this thread. You want me to repeat my opinion over and over again. You use your own definition of debating (Debating: getting some specific answer). And you blame me for it all?

No, back to topic. It's interesting enough.

And the topic is ... see the first posting. Thread 122454
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 18:411 edit
    the opening questions are so devoid of understanding and inaccuracy as to make any serious debate on the subject null and void. look at the first statement, it was a test of abrahams faith. that was not the reason god asked abraham to sacrifice his son, nor did he intend for abraham to carry it out. therfore it would be more productive to actually ascertain why abraham was asked to do what he did and its spiritual significance, instead of behng subject to arguments based on a false premise to begin with, which is why i think its best to avoid such lunacy.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 18:45
    Is god allowed to ask us anything?
    No, I didn't give him my permission. The last time I let him ask something he almost got a father to sacrifice his own son.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    No, I didn't give him my permission. The last time I let him ask something he almost got a father to sacrifice his own son.
    suppose yoda presents to you in a dream as a god and demonstrates his wrath and benevolence in a sufficient manner as to prove he is real. also he asks for the building of temples to stay his wrath and bless you with his benevolence. also he declares kittens as sacred animals.

and suppose after 1 month he asks you to kill 100 kittens. what then?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:17
    suppose yoda presents to you in a dream as a god and demonstrates his wrath and benevolence in a sufficient manner as to prove he is real. also he asks for the building of temples to stay his wrath and bless you with his benevolence. also he declares kittens as sacred animals.

and suppose after 1 month he asks you to kill 100 kittens. what then?
    I'd seriously think about sending him to a psychiatrist.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'd seriously think about sending him to a psychiatrist.
    Yoda?
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:31
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Yoda?
    Point taken.

[checks phonebook]
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:55
    Yoda?
    hey it was your idea
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 19:581 edit
    hey it was your idea
    Palynka was suggesting sending Yoda, who appeared in a dream, to the psychiatrist.

It's been a long day.

I'm not so sure I'd kill the kittens, though. Just because Yoda appears in my dreams and demonstrates his powers doesn't give him any rights. Granted, I'd be terrified, but abject obedience might not be the only option.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 21:20
    Palynka was suggesting sending Yoda, who appeared in a dream, to the psychiatrist.

It's been a long day.

I'm not so sure I'd kill the kittens, though. Just because Yoda appears in my dreams and demonstrates his powers doesn't give him any rights. Granted, I'd be terrified, but abject obedience might not be the only option.
    yes that is what i say as well. he may be god but he does have a responsibility to his creations. as such it is my opinion that abraham took the easy route out, and obeyed blindly a voice. he should have stood his ground and say "no, i will not break one of your commands even if you ask it". sure it would be better to simply say "i will not whorship an evil god" but the former should be more suitable to those that argue that god is the ultimate fountain of wisdom and we with our meager minds cannot hope to understand his plans and therefore not even try.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree