1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:192 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    John 15

“I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
    You did not read the whole passage. Jesus explained it in very simple language

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
    (John 15:1-14 KJV)

How does someone abide in Christ. I think Jesus makes it pretty clear.

Abiding in Christ = Following the commandments
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:25
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    And you have the Holy Spirit ?
    You boast of the Spirit of Christ ?
    LOL 😀
    Not sure what this has to do with you not actually putting down the scriptures that prove
    your point, but you do this a lot. Complain about something, accuse, belittle, or spout off
    some scripture that has nothing to do with the topic, or announce you don't get into the
    details and leave, never actually proving you know what you are talking about.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:31
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Not sure what this has to do with you not actually putting down the scriptures that prove
    your point, but you do this a lot. Complain about something, accuse, belittle, or spout off
    some scripture that has nothing to do with the topic, or announce you don't get into the
    details and leave, never actually proving you know what you are talking about.
    Leave ? Who left. Im still here.
    You are not making any sense
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:33

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now [b]ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you
    . Abide ...[text shortened]... n Christ. I think Jesus makes it pretty clear.

Abiding in Christ = Following the commandments[/b]
    Yes, agree you will be following His commandments abiding in Him. The Spirit will be
    with us, and in us.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    John 14
    15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:34
    Leave ? Who left. Im still here.
    You are not making any sense
    Still have not actually quoted those scriptures outright either.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 00:39
    Still have not actually quoted those scriptures outright either.
    I dont understand. I quoted scripture.
    So what point was it I made without scripture
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 01:50
    I dont understand. I quoted scripture.
    So what point was it I made without scripture
    "Paul said it.
    Eph 2 - Saved
    Eph 3 and 4 - Do good works and live righteosly
    Eph 5 - Eternal life IF you live righteously. "

Please give the specific scripture to prove your point on salvation and eternal life.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:01
    "Paul said it.
    Eph 2 - Saved
    Eph 3 and 4 - Do good works and live righteosly
    Eph 5 - Eternal life IF you live righteously. "

Please give the specific scripture to prove your point on salvation and eternal life.
    I cannot believe you are asking that. I started a thread recently on this issue. Its on page 3 titled 'JS 357 - What are they Saved From'.

Read the first post. It is about what Paul said in Ephesians about Saved and Eternal life.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:07

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now [b]ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you
    . Abide ...[text shortened]... n Christ. I think Jesus makes it pretty clear.

Abiding in Christ = Following the commandments[/b]
    Eternal life and punishment, Jesus has talked about this topic a lot.

Matthew 25:46
    And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

John 3:36
    Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 3
    18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

John 6
    27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.” 28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

John 5:24
    Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 17:3
    And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:09
    I cannot believe you are asking that. I started a thread recently on this issue. Its on page 3 titled 'JS 357 - What are they Saved From'.

Read the first post. It is about what Paul said in Ephesians about Saved and Eternal life.
    Be that as it may, I quoted what you said here.
    You said that but without the exit you were referring too. How can anyone know what
    you mean if you are not clear?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:21
    Eternal life and punishment, Jesus has talked about this topic a lot.

Matthew 25:46
    And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

John 3:36
    Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 3
    18 Whoever believes in him ...[text shortened]... or the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Ok .. I got your point.
    You got mine.
    Lets leave it at that.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:41
    Ok .. I got your point.
    You got mine.
    Lets leave it at that.
    I actually still want to see your point as you put the actual scripture you were referring too
    out there.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:451 edit
    I actually still want to see your point as you put the actual scripture you were referring too
    out there.
    Well read the first post in thread i mentioned to you
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:49
    You are not making sense and just trying to run from the issue.

Paul said in Eph 2 that Christian Saints who are born again are saved by grace through faith.

In Eph 3, 4 Paul warned these same Saints in Christ to make sure that they live righteously

In Eph 5, Paul said that they will NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD, unless they were righteous

So ...[text shortened]... e.

Your faith alone doctrine is condemned throughout the teachings of Christ and the Apostles
    These scriptures?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 02:52
    These scriptures?
    I give up. See ya

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree