1. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    GOD, when HE created man, never did HE say that HE created man imperfect. Man chose to disobey GOD. Man decided that he would not obey GOD'S Law.
    Yes, we are only here a few years. Yes, we are going to be punished for eternity for our sins. Have you ever tried to look at the whole picture. GOD created us to serve and worship HIM. GOD never said when ...[text shortened]... hat is best for us. GOD sent JESUS CHRIST to give us rebirth. Would that count as reincarnation?
    1. So what you are saying is that God has nothing to do with the birth of babies. God created Adam & Eve (who were not perfect otherwise they would not have sinned) and never created anybody else. God does create babies, and those babies are imperfect, and that is the way that God creates us.

2. If God created us to worship him, he would never have given us free will. God knew what we would become when he made us. He made us because he knows what we will become after we have finally choosen him.

3. It is not justice to banish somebody to hell forever because of a few years on Earth, when God made us the way that we are. The punishment does not fit the crime. It makes more sense that we live however many lives it takes us to find God. This type of fear mongering has been the biggest brainwashing scam in religious history. This is the reason why people are blowing themselves up and flying planes into buildings. This is the problem with blind faith. Instead of looking to external sources to find God, look within yourself and know that the kingdom of heaven lies within you.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:28
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    That your attitude and the hubris behind it is inherently sinful . Your interpritation of god , scripture , the afterlife is based in hate , bigotry , and intollerance . Maybe god is punishing you with us here and now , along with plagues on the bible belt like hurricanes , flooding , hook worm , inbreeding and really bad country/gospel music . Maybe you ...[text shortened]... ighten up , back off - or face hell fire .

PS - I pray for you daily ....to get nut cancer !
    It really appears that the only hate and anger being expressed here, is by those who are unbelievers.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    That your attitude and the hubris behind it is inherently sinful . Your interpritation of god , scripture , the afterlife is based in hate , bigotry , and intollerance . Maybe god is punishing you with us here and now , along with plagues on the bible belt like hurricanes , flooding , hook worm , inbreeding and really bad country/gospel music . Maybe you ighten up , back off - or face hell fire .

PS - I pray for you daily ....to get nut cancer !
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!

I would rec this 100 times if possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE, HERE!!!!!!!!
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:46
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    1. So what you are saying is that God has nothing to do with the birth of babies. God created Adam & Eve (who were not perfect otherwise they would not have sinned) and never created anybody else. God does create babies, and those babies are imperfect, and that is the way that God creates us.

2. If God created us to worship him, he would never h ...[text shortened]... eaven lies within you. It makes more sense that we live however many lives it takes to find God.
    GOD has never stated that Adam and Eve were created, imperfect. Adam became imperfect when he sinned. GOD created us to worship HIM, but HE has given us the choice to do so or not. GOD has given us the chance to mend our ways, through JESUS CHRIST. When someone refuses JESUS CHRIST and HIS teachings, they choose to commit the crime. GOD has never said for anyone to fly planes into buildings or to kill others. In fact JESUS CHRIST clearly stated that to hate someone in your heart could lead you to the hell fire.
    On the great day of judgement those that have killed in the name of their god.(satan) will be in the same place that he is.
  5. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:33
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    With all these storms battering the US, is this God's way of punishing the US for breaking the ten commandments on so many levels?

And if so, can we expect such storms to reach London anytime soon?
    No.

Maybe.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 03:291 edit
    GOD has never stated that Adam and Eve were created, imperfect. Adam became imperfect when he sinned. GOD created us to worship HIM, but HE has given us the choice to do so or not. GOD has given us the chance to mend our ways, through JESUS CHRIST. When someone refuses JESUS CHRIST and HIS teachings, they choose to commit the crime. GOD has never said ...[text shortened]... nt those that have killed in the name of their god.(satan) will be in the same place that he is.
    That does not address any of the three points that I brought up. God makes people every day, and people are imperfect. So what does Adam and Eve have to do with it? Are you telling me that because two people sinned a long time ago, untold billions are born to suffer now? Is this the same type of divine justice you speak of when you mention eternal hell?

If Adam and Eve were perfect, why did they sin? Jesus was perfect, right? And he did not sin. So perfection in the eyes of God means not sinning, which means that Adam and Eve were imperfect because they sinned.

Instead of relying on the word of your all to human priest, or scripture that is thousands of years old, that has a multitude of authors, that has been edited, mistranslated, misinterpreted, and full of inconsistencies, to base your life on, why not put aside some of that blind faith and get serious about finding God within you. The bible has truth in it, I've used passages from it myself, but you could commit every word of the bible to memory and not know God. Nobody finds God by reading scripture or delivering sermons. That is part of the reason why some priests molest children. That is part of the reason why the church covers it up and moves those priests around so that they can molest the maximum number of children. Do you confess to those guys?

Since the bible can be interpreted in many different ways, and the hundreds of branches of Christianity all believe that they are right and the other guy burns for all eternity, what you have done is base your life on the narrow view of your particular brand of church. You my friend, have been brain washed.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 04:12
    That does not address any of the three points that I brought up. God makes people every day, and people are imperfect. So what does Adam and Eve have to do with it? Are you telling me that because two people sinned a long time ago, untold billions are born to suffer now? Is this the same type of divine justice you speak of when you mention eternal ...[text shortened]... fe on the narrow view of your particular brand of church. You my friend, have been brain washed.
    Everyone that is born into this world today are born into sin. Adam and Eve were created. On the day that GOD created Adam and Eve, HE said they were very good.(GENESIS 1:31)
    Sin was was brought into this world by the first man and woman. Why did they sin? That is a completely different topic. As for the fact that the mother and father of all mankind were created very good. Yes, their mistake(sin) has affected their children as well as their children's children. From that time up unto today. Just as the mistakes of the parents of todays children, affect the lives of the children of today.
    Nowhere on the day that GOD created mankind did he say that their was a time limit on the the life of man. In fact HE told Adam, that if he ate from the Tree of Life he would live. As well told him that if he ate from the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, he would die. GENESIS 2:8-17
    Yes Adam's actions affected all of mankind. Unless you are saying that GOD did/does not have the right to punish the man whom HE created.
  8. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 04:331 edit
    Everyone that is born into this world today are born into sin. Adam and Eve were created. On the day that GOD created Adam and Eve, HE said they were very good.(GENESIS 1:31)
    Sin was was brought into this world by the first man and woman. Why did they sin? That is a completely different topic. As for the fact that the mother and father of all mankind ...[text shortened]... . Unless you are saying that GOD did/does not have the right to punish the man whom HE created.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 04:36
    Sin was was brought into this world by the first man and woman. Why did they sin? That is a completely different topic. As for the fact that the mother and father of all mankind ...[text shortened]... . Unless you are saying that GOD did/does not have the right to punish the man whom HE created.
    why would it be fair or moral or just for god to punish future generations for the transgressions of a few? i don't think this is about parental actions that happen to causally affect the lives of their progeny in various ways. this would be about god distributing injustice any old way he sees fit. like you commit a sin, so god punishes you AND your children for it. yeah, that makes sense. gratuitously increasing the pains of labor for future women was another especially nice touch.

do you ever question why you should be worshipping such a god? do you ever think your literal interpretation of genesis is a tad bit over the edge?

Unless you are saying that GOD did/does not have the right to punish the man whom HE created.

your god would certainly have the power to punish whomever he wants. my concern would be whether or not such punishment (and the manner of punishment) is justified. exactly how can one be deserving of eternal (and essentially infinite) punishment and torture?
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 04:38
    That does not address any of the three points that I brought up. God makes people every day, and people are imperfect. So what does Adam and Eve have to do with it? Are you telling me that because two people sinned a long time ago, untold billions are born to suffer now? Is this the same type of divine justice you speak of when you mention eternal ...[text shortened]... fe on the narrow view of your particular brand of church. You my friend, have been brain washed.
    Yes GOD created man to be very good/perfect. Was not man created to serve GOD. To subdue and replenish the earth. GENESIS 1:26-28
    Was not man warned about what was going to happen to him. If he disobeyed? GENESIS 2:16-18
    Why did Adam and Eve sin? If you go back to read GENESIS 3:1-24. What happened? Eve was told by GOD and her husband not to touch or eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. 1. Why did she not listen to them? 2. what was she doing talking to the serpent? 3. Why did she listen to what the serpent was saying? 4. Remember it was Adam that gave the serpent his name. 5. Why was Eve tricked, by the Serpent? Did she not know better?
    Adam also knew better. Adam chose to sin. Adam chose to disobey THE WORD OF GOD. As long as Adam obeyed THE WORD OF GOD, he was perfect. When he chose to disobey, THE WORD OF GOD at that point he became imperfect.
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 04:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 05:13
    Yes, I do rely on THE WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE. Who do you rely on? Or what Truth do you live by? Yes THE WORD OF GOD, is thousands of years old. Yes, it is said that it has been misedited, mistranslated, misinterpreted, full of inconsistencies. But these claims are made by those that do not believe in it. They donot believe in it and criticize those that do. You say, that I should get serious about finding GOD within me. You say that I should set aside some of my blind faith. You say that the BIBLE has some truth. And you have even used passages from it yourself. You say that you could memorize The BIBLE, and know not GOD. You say that noone finds GOD by reading Scripture or delivering Sermons.
    Yet you claim to know God. All the points that you have mentioned of what is wrong with THE WORD OF GOD. Are clearly spoken on in The BIBLE. To know GOD you have to know him in your heart as well as your mind. If you come to know GOD in your heart, then you will come to know and understand THE WORD OF GOD. When you come to know GOD in your heart, then you will obey and serve GOD with all that you are. When you come to know, accept, believe and do all that JESUS CHRIST has said and done. Then you will come to know GOD.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 05:19
    Yes, I do rely on THE WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE. Who do you rely on? Or what Truth do you live by? Yes THE WORD OF GOD, is thousands of years old. Yes, it is said that it has been misedited, mistranslated, misinterpreted, full of inconsistencies. But these claims are made by those that do not believe in it. They donot believe in it and criticize those th ...[text shortened]... accept, believe and do all that JESUS CHRIST has said and done. Then you will come to know GOD.
    You're on the wrong path bf ...too bad but it seems like you have had your religion spoon-fed to you.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 05:33
    Yes there have been priests, ministers and other so-called leaders of the Church that have abused children. Yes the are some Churches that do all they can to cover it up. But they can not cover up what GOD has said on such matters. All those that abuse children will pay the price for their sins. Yes a great many will go into everlasting punishment for their crimes against the children and GOD. GOD has promised that HE will repay. All of those that have endured such abuse, once they get saved trust GOD'S WORD, that HE will do as he has promised. Yes, those Church leaders that have permitted and condoned such actions THEY WILL BE DEALT WITH BY GOD. And it will be in the time that GOD choses. No I do not confess to those guys! I worship in a congregation where our Pastor is not ashamed to say that He doing all that He can to live Holy. And he lives in such a way that GOD, the congregation, and his enemies see that He is doing all that He can to live Holy. That He is living Holy according to all THE WORD OF GOD.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 05:39
    Yes, I do rely on THE WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE. Who do you rely on? Or what Truth do you live by? Yes THE WORD OF GOD, is thousands of years old. Yes, it is said that it has been misedited, mistranslated, misinterpreted, full of inconsistencies. But these claims are made by those that do not believe in it. They donot believe in it and criticize those th ...[text shortened]... accept, believe and do all that JESUS CHRIST has said and done. Then you will come to know GOD.
    If you come to know GOD in your heart, then you will come to know and understand THE WORD OF GOD.

are you suggesting that i cannot understand the word of god until i already believe in him and submit myself to him in totality? i am not willing to do that. i don't feel comfortable adopting beliefs that seem completely arbitrary to my cognitive faculties, regardless of the future prospects and promises of eventual elucidation.

why won't you just let me borrow your magic decoder ring first, and then i will be able to evaluate the evidence for god's existence if there is in fact any evidence to be found in the WORD OF GOD. then, with said evidence firmly established, i would have no problem formulating beliefs that follow.

the decoder ring's magical powers must be strong indeed to make any sense out of the OT.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree