Is God punishing the USA?

Is God punishing the USA?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
24 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Yes there have been priests, ministers and other so-called leaders of the Church that have abused children. Yes the are some Churches that do all they can to cover it up. But they can not cover up what GOD has said on such matters. All those that abuse children will pay the price for their sins. Yes a great many will go into everlasting punishment for ...[text shortened]... is doing all that He can to live Holy. That He is living Holy according to all THE WORD OF GOD.
So, is your God punishing Africa?
Because Africa is much worse off than the USA.
What did Africa do to offend your God?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05
2 edits

Yes, I do rely on THE WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE. Who do you rely on? Or what Truth do you live by? Yes THE WORD OF GOD, is thousands of years old. Yes, it is said that it has been misedited, mistranslated, misinterpreted, full of inconsistencies. But these claims are made by those that do not believe in it. They donot believe in it and criticize those th ...[text shortened]... accept, believe and do all that JESUS CHRIST has said and done. Then you will come to know GOD.
Where do you get off putting words in my mouth? I've never claimed that I know God. And although the Bible has truth in it, it is filtered. Has God told you that the Bible is correct, or have you listened to humans explain it to you?

Romans 11:34-35 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who has known the mind of the Lord? or who has been his counsellor?"

You claim to know God by passing God's judgment on to other people. Is it your job to send people to Heaven or Hell?

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Do you suppose that God has the same vindictive ways that you have? What ever happened to judge not or yee will be judged?

Psalm 107:1 "O GIVE thanks onto the lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever"

Lam 3:22 "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not."

Are you not going to believe this?

Jer 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Again, maybe God's thoughts are a little higher than yours.

Jer 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when yee shall search for me with all your heart."

I offer you an experiment, try praying/meditating on "The kingdom of heaven lies within" for an hour a day, for one full week. You may learn more than you have in all the time you've spent reading the Bible.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
That does not address any of the three points that I brought up. God makes people every day, and people are imperfect. So what does Adam and Eve have to do with it? Are you telling me that because two people sinned a long time ago, untold billions are born to suffer now? Is this the same type of divine justice you speak of when you mention eternal ...[text shortened]... fe on the narrow view of your particular brand of church. You my friend, have been brain washed.
THE BIBLE can only be interpeted in one way. The Truth.
Yes, there are hundreds of differrent brands of Christianity.Yes they all believe that they are right. But are they? There is only One JESUS CHRIST. There is only One HOLY SPIRIT. There is only One GOD. There is only One way to EVERLASTING LIFE. Not hundreds or thousands?
JESUS CHRIST clearly stated How to please GOD. How to Serve GOD. Yes CHRIST said that the way to GOD was a narrow road. Not the narrow view or brand of Church.
I do not believe that my brand of Christianity is right. I believe that my Faith and Trust in JESUS CHRIST is right. I believe that my Faith and Trust in THE WORD OF GOD is right. I know and believe that all JESUS CHRIST has done for me was right. I know that I must do all that JESUS CHRIST has said. I believe that I must have complete Faith and Trust in THE WORD OF GOD.
Yes I am Brain has been washed, Yes my Heart has been washed, and Yes my Soul has been washed. Washed by the Blood of JESUS CHRIST, washed by THE WORD OF GOD.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05

THE BIBLE can only be interpeted in one way. The Truth.
Yes, there are hundreds of differrent brands of Christianity.Yes they all believe that they are right. But are they? There is only One JESUS CHRIST. There is only One HOLY SPIRIT. There is only One GOD. There is only One way to EVERLASTING LIFE. Not hundreds or thousands?
JESUS CHRIST clearly ...[text shortened]... and Yes my Soul has been washed. Washed by the Blood of JESUS CHRIST, washed by THE WORD OF GOD.
You'll never know by blind faith.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

Where do you get off putting words in my mouth? I've never claimed that I know God. And although the Bible has truth in it, it is filtered. Has God told you that the Bible is correct, or have you listened to humans explain it to you?

Romans 11:34-35 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his j ...[text shortened]... one full week. You may learn more than you have in all the time you've spent reading the Bible.
YOU said that YOU have quoted from the BIBLE. So if you have quoted Scripture from the BIBLE. YOU must know something about GOD.
I have never passed Judgement on anyone. I have no power to send anyone to Heaven or Hell. Everyone makes their own choice.
If you are praying or meditating on the Kingdom of Heaven, then you will find out that you cannot get there without THE WORD OF GOD" JESUS CHRIST."

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
So, is your God punishing Africa?
Because Africa is much worse off than the USA.
What did Africa do to offend your God?
GOD has said HE going to punish all of mankind, not just Africa. Africa is just part of HIS warning.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

You'll never know by blind faith.
Tell that to those that were blind, but had the Faith that JESUS could heal them, so that they could see!

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
why would it be fair or moral or just for god to punish future generations for the transgressions of a few? i don't think this is about parental actions that happen to causally affect the lives of their progeny in various ways. this would be about god distributing injustice any old way he sees fit. like you commit a sin, so god punishes you AND your c ...[text shortened]... exactly how can one be deserving of eternal (and essentially infinite) punishment and torture?
So you have judged GOD. You have decided what GOD can or should not do. You have Judged the GOD OF JUSTICE with injustice.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05

Tell that to those that were blind, but had the Faith that JESUS could heal them, so that they could see!
The point is, you will never know the truth through blind faith. If Jesus stood before you it would be easy, wouldn't it? That's not exactly blind faith. Instead of trying to convince everybody that you are right and they are wrong, or trying to "know the truth" by reading the Bible or listening to preachers, try focusing on yourself some more. If nothing else it'll give the rest of us a break.

L

Moves
24 Sep 05

So you have judged GOD. You have decided what GOD can or should not do. You have Judged the GOD OF JUSTICE with injustice.
You have Judged the GOD OF JUSTICE with injustice.

what i am doing is questioning your assertion that he is a god of justice. sure, the bible says so...well, whoopidy doo! by the way, so what if i did judge your god? he judges man by man's actions; why is he above being judged by his own actions? if god picked up a sword and started sticking it through innocent babies for no apparent reason, would you question his actions?

let's try using our brains for a second. it seems obvious to me that if god willfully chooses to punish future generations for current or past transgressions, then he is not a god of justice, in as much as these actions would demonstrate injustice, not justice. i base this on the seemingly obvious assumption that one can only be morally responsible for one's own actions. my as yet unborn children, for example, should not be held responsible for any actions that i committed yesterday or today, or will commit tomorrow. therefore, it seems god is explicitly punishing men for actions for which they are not morally responsible. that is not just. what do you think about this line of thought?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05

YOU said that YOU have quoted from the BIBLE. So if you have quoted Scripture from the BIBLE. YOU must know something about GOD.
I have never passed Judgement on anyone. I have no power to send anyone to Heaven or Hell. Everyone makes their own choice.
If you are praying or meditating on the Kingdom of Heaven, then you will find out that you cannot get there without THE WORD OF GOD" JESUS CHRIST."
For the record, I do not claim to know God. I also do not claim to know the Bible. At least I know enough to admitt it.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

The point is, you will never know the truth through blind faith. If Jesus stood before you it would be easy, wouldn't it? That's not exactly blind faith. Instead of trying to convince everybody that you are right and they are wrong, or trying to "know the truth" by reading the Bible or listening to preachers, try focusing on yourself some more. If nothing else it'll give the rest of us a break.
I cannot prove to anyone that I am right or wrong. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly defends itself. The truth clearly speaks for its self. If I did not believe and follow the WORD OF GOD.Then I could not know the whole truth. Give you a break? You have quoted Scripture and donot believe all of it. I have quoted Scripture and believe All of it. It is truly interresting how those who do not believe in GOD. Donot believe what HE says. Are not saved, do not want to be saved. But will tell someone that is living saved, how to be saved.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

For the record, I do not claim to know God. I also do not claim to know the Bible. At least I know enough to admitt it.
You claim not to know GOD.You claim not to know THE BIBLE. Yet you have quoted from THE WORD OF GOD.
I do know GOD. I do know THE WORD OF GOD, and I stand on/by THE WORD OF GOD. I also know that the little that you do know about GOD. GOD is going to hold you accountable for what you have read and said. If you donot love GOD, then donot hate HIM or those that believe in him. ** Please note, I am not saying that you hate GOD, or those that believe in HIM**

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05

I cannot prove to anyone that I am right or wrong. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly defends itself. The truth clearly speaks for its self. If I did not believe and follow the WORD OF GOD.Then I could not know the whole truth. Give you a break? You have quoted Scripture and donot believe all of it. I have quoted Scripture and believe All of it. It is truly in ...[text shortened]... not saved, do not want to be saved. But will tell someone that is living saved, how to be saved.
You haven't answered a single passage or point that I've made. All you keep saying is blind faith is enough to figure out the Bible, know God and preach to others. I believe what I've quoted. If I didn't I would not have quoted it. Are you now going to tell me about Adam and Eve again? Or about your God kills everybody justice?

A
Dark Matter

Maastricht

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]You have Judged the GOD OF JUSTICE with injustice.

what i am doing is questioning your assertion that he is a god of justice. sure, the bible says so...well, whoopidy doo! by the way, so what if i did judge your god? he judges man by man's actions; why is he above being judged by his own actions? if god picked up a sword and started stickin ...[text shortened]... y are not morally responsible. that is not just. what do you think about this line of thought?[/b]
Yes very nice! Finally one who understands...