1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:102 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So your an advocate of capital punishment?

What about this little gem of compassion - Deuteronomy 13:6-12

If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not ...[text shortened]... God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

Barbaric? Primitive?
    No, i am not an advocate of capital punishment, but it must be said dear Noobster that there is no reason to be rogering anything other than ones wife, is there. No valid reason whatsoever for sticking your willy where it does not belong. Yes the penalties were severe, but no more severe than death by a thousand cuts, or lynching, never the less, the severity acted as a deterrent. Yes indeed, for it was a serious thing, apostasy, trying to induce others to serve other Gods, God himself did not spare the Israelites themselves when they did just that. One must exercise justice also, and although mercy triumphs over judgement, there are limits also that cannot transgress. Community responsibility also comes into play in this instance that you have cited.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No, i am not an advocate of capital punishment, but it must be said dear Noobster that there is no reason to be rogering anything other than ones wife, is there. No valid reason whatsoever for sticking your willy where it does not belong. Yes the penalties were severe, but no more severe than death by a thousand cuts, or lynching, never the less, th ...[text shortened]... transgress. Community responsibility also comes into play in this instance that you have cited.
    Of course there is no valid reason for rogering someone else's wife, but that's not justification for killing them both is it? I thought the primary teaching of Jesus was forgiveness!?

The fact remains burning and putting people to death, cutting women's hands off and razing villages to the ground after killing everyone and everything in it is barbaric and primitive. Period. End of debate.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:371 edit
    Of course there is no valid reason for rogering someone else's wife, but that's not justification for killing them both is it? I thought the primary teaching of Jesus was forgiveness!?

The fact remains burning and putting people to death, cutting women's hands off and razing villages to the ground after killing everyone and everything in it is barbaric and primitive. Period. End of debate.
    no its not the end of the debate,

killing millions of unborn innocents through abortion is barbaric, in the Mosaic law, the unborn was protected,

incarcerating millions of criminals without giving them the chance to make reparation is barbaric, the mosaic law made provision for this

force feeding helpless animals in food farms is barbaric, the mosaic law provided protection against this type of cruelty.

handing out social security payments is demeaning, the mosaic law had ordinances where a person could preserve a modicum of dignity by working through the practice of gleaning to provide for oneself

homelessness is a terrible thing to suffer, the mosaic law had ordinances that extended hospitality, preventing homelessness.

you cannot write it off simply because the penalties for moral crimes were so severe. There is no provision that i have ever read which states that a persons hand should be cut off for stealing, reparation was to be made.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:45

I think what robbie said in one of his posts is applicable here. Namely, when he said that most "noobs" here base their opinions of the Bible on partial or complete ignorance. You wish to cherry-pick passages of the Bible in order to make your case, but have completely failed to consider the chosen passage within the context of, well, everything. Then, to compound your stupidity, you use a label wholly unfit for the topic. "Barbaric" means "without civilizing influences; uncivilized; primitive." None of this matches the civilizing impact the nation of Israel had on the nations around them or on history.

If you want "barbaric," look no further than the penal system of the US which not only fails in its stated intent, i.e., reducing crime, but actually perpetuates and sponsors more of the same!
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:46
    no its not the end of the debate,

killing millions of unborn innocents through abortion is barbaric, in the Mosaic law, the unborn was protected,

incarcerating millions of criminals without giving them the chance to make reparation is barbaric, the mosaic law made provision for this

force feeding helpless animals in food farms is barbaric, ...[text shortened]... read which states that a persons hand should be cut off for stealing, reparation was to be made.
    Deuteronomy 25:11

I'll get back to the rest later. I'm off to the gym.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I think what robbie said in one of his posts is applicable here. Namely, when he said that most "noobs" here base their opinions of the Bible on partial or complete ignorance. You wish to cherry-pick passages of the Bible in order to make your case, but have completely failed to consider the chosen passage within the context of, well, everything. Then, ed intent, i.e., reducing crime, but actually perpetuates and sponsors more of the same!
    I'm not cherry picking, i'm pointing out there are aspects of the Bible which are 'primitive' and other aspects that are not. It is Rob who was cherry picking.

'Barbaric' can also mean "Savagely cruel; exceedingly brutal". Burning people to death, chopping women's hands off and razing whole villages to the ground after killing every living thing in it fit's the description.

As for the American penal system. On that you and i are in 100% agreement.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I think what robbie said in one of his posts is applicable here. Namely, when he said that most "noobs" here base their opinions of the Bible on partial or complete ignorance. You wish to cherry-pick passages of the Bible in order to make your case, but have completely failed to consider the chosen passage within the context of, well, everything. Then, ...[text shortened]... ed intent, i.e., reducing crime, but actually perpetuates and sponsors more of the same!
    it was particularly the penal code that i wished to explore, for it appears to me that forcing someone to make reparation is altogether much more productive for the victim and the perpetrator than simply incarcerating them.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 13:57
    Deuteronomy 25:11

I'll get back to the rest later. I'm off to the gym.
    i should go to gym also, already i have lost 6 kgs 🙂 now i am a mere 108 Kgs
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 16:303 edits
    no i will not, it is you who needs to elaborate further, how are these ancient ordinances primitive?
    Nah...my point's a reasonable one: people from 2000 years ago were primitive (almost neanderthal if the Bible's anything to go by)...your assertions pulled straight out of your arse (as they almost always are) aren't worthy of my notice - especially given your somewhat dishonest debating style ;]
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 16:342 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The evolutionists will believe that the world "just happened" by
    "magic' or whatever as long as it had nothing to do with God creating it.
    Wahey 2+2 = 4...look at that my cone headed friend!!! "2" looks nothing like a "4", but add two of them together and "4" is what you get!!!

All this maths and science malarkey that thick as pigchit fundies like you don't understand must operate by magic! ;]
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 17:06
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Nah...my point's a reasonable one: people from 2000 years ago were primitive (almost neanderthal if the Bible's anything to go by)...your assertions pulled straight out of your arse (as they almost always are) aren't worthy of my notice - especially given your somewhat dishonest debating style ;]
    more feeble excuse and fabrications, whatever, if you cannot substantiate your claims by any other means than mere unsubstantiated opinion, so be it, but you will be called to task every time you do so.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 17:091 edit
    more feeble excuse and fabrications, whatever, if you cannot substantiate your claims by any other means than mere unsubstantiated opinion, so be it, but you will be called to task every time you do so.
    More feeble responses and fabrications, ah well - if you cannot elaborate further as I asked to substantiate your claims so be it but you will be called to task everytime you whip some nonsense from your arse ;]
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 17:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    More feeble responses and fabrications, ah well - if you cannot elaborate further as I asked to substantiate your claims so be it but you will be called to task everytime you whip some nonsense from your arse ;]
    take it to general spanky
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 17:43
    too right, you roger another mans wife, you die, you roger a beast, you die, you are disrespectful to your parents, you die, you go about rogering other men, you die, what of it?
    Right. So what sort you are is now fairly clear. You are not some mere hickish ignoramus (at least, not exclusively), you're one of "those." Huh. I sure hope you aren't breeding. If you are, I feel sorry for the kids.
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 17:46
    So your an advocate of capital punishment?

What about this little gem of compassion - Deuteronomy 13:6-12

If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not ...[text shortened]... God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

Barbaric? Primitive?
    This returns me to my earlier thesis that the Biblical god is a five-alarm tosspot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree