Is it true or false

Is it true or false

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

My belief system does not prohibit me from eating meat.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
So give us some acid, so we can take the test.😕 WB BTW 🙂
Give ME some acid so I don't have to read this bull&@#$.

Please, please kill me now.

n

Moves
25 Jul 11

My belief system finds Dasa repugnant.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by FMF
My belief system does not prohibit me from eating meat.
Yes I am aware that your belief system allows for meat eating...........which means that your belief system has nothing to do with true spirituality and religion'.

Its the same for Christianity which falsely says their God allows for the followers to engage in animal slaughter.

Its just FMF,s belief system that's has been concocted to ease his consciousness when he supports cruelty to animals.

We have been over this many times and its about time there was understanding of this truth.

F

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Yes I am aware that your belief system allows for meat eating...........which means that your belief system has nothing to do with true spirituality and religion'.
Yes. So you believe.

I do not condone cruelty to animals.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 11

Its the same for Christianity which falsely says their God allows for the followers to engage in animal slaughter.

Its just FMF,s belief system that's has been concocted to ease his consciousne ...[text shortened]...

We have been over this many times and its about time there was understanding of this truth.
What is the name of your god that will not allow you to eat meat?
Do you wear the red dot or not?
Do you do yoga?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
What is the name of your god that will not allow you to eat meat?
Do you wear the red dot or not?
Do you do yoga?
Indian women have a red dot to show they are married much the same as western women wear a ring.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead has unlimited names and a few of those names are Govinda, Krsna, Rama, Bhagavan, Gopal, Vishnu and so on to infinity.

Being informed by the teachings of the Vedas to not eat meat through the slaughter of animals, is not the same as being informed to wash your hands and mouth after eating.

Killing is intrinsically wrong just the same a stealing is wrong.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 11

How can we tell if religion and science is true or false?
Well you have to apply the acid test which is quick and accurate, and you will not have to get stuck in any long pointless arguments or debates which is what we all want……right?

As I have just said it will be quick and accurate, so don’t be dismayed of the simplicity of the test….ok.

False scien ...[text shortened]...
But for the honest person the few facts I have mentioned is enough (the acid test is complete)
"How can we tell if religion and science is true or false?"

You would have to be God Himself.

Any other questions?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 11

Indian women have a red dot to show they are married much the same as western women wear a ring.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead has unlimited names and a few of those names are Govinda, Krsna, Rama, Bhagavan, Gopal, Vishnu and so on to infinity.

Being informed by the teachings of the Vedas to not eat meat through the slaughter of animals, is not the s ...[text shortened]... nds and mouth after eating.

Killing is intrinsically wrong just the same a stealing is wrong.
So the red dot is just for women? Are you against the use of pesticides
to kill insects? What about yoga, is that a part of the religion or just a
form of exercise? So when you pray to your God, how do you know what
name to use?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jul 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
So the red dot is just for women? Are you against the use of pesticides
to kill insects? What about yoga, is that a part of the religion or just a
form of exercise? So when you pray to your God, how do you know what
name to use?
A sincere devotee of the Lord will side step an ant on the path if he see,s it crossing because he/she is constantly aware of all life.

Just eating and breathing and walking there are millions of tiny creatures that meet their end, but because the devotee is constantly engaged in the service of the Lord their karma is nullified.

Persons not engaged in devotional service to the Lord will incur karma with every action they perform.

Devotees are against pestasides and traps.

The topmost yoga is Bhakti Yoga ( the yoga of devotion,) and this is what I am engaged in........... and it has nothing to do with gymnastics.

Bhakti yoga is the only effective yoga worth doing and all others are time wasters.

Every thought is a prayer and every word is a word of devotion and glorification.

I do no speak prajalpa.

Moves
26 Jul 11

A sincere devotee of the Lord will side step an ant on the path if he see,s it crossing because he/she is constantly aware of all life.

Just eating and breathing and walking there are millions of tiny creatures that meet their end, but because the devotee is constantly engaged in the service of the Lord their karma is nullified.

Persons not engaged in dev ...[text shortened]... t is a prayer and every word is a word of devotion and glorification.

I do no speak prajalpa.
Are you against meat in curry; if so what do you put in a lamb bhuna?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jul 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you against meat in curry; if so what do you put in a lamb bhuna?
This is the calibre of person who takes to Christianity..... a fool and flesh eater.

Christianity the religion of the animal killers.

Apart from evolution Christianity Islam and Judaism have perpetrated the greatest bluff to mankind in earth's short history.

Moves
26 Jul 11

This is the calibre of person who takes to Christianity..... a fool and flesh eater.

Apart from evolution Christianity Islam and Judaism have perpetrated the greatest bluff to mankind in earth's short history.
That's right, I'm the fool and you are the wise sage who lives under the bridge.

s

Moves
26 Jul 11

One can always tell when a person has run out of logical counter-arguements, the person resorts to calling others "fool".

The eating or abstinence from meat does not elevate one's spiritual level. However, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol may lower one's judgement 🙂 especially when driving.

I was born a Hindu and practised it for 36 years and Vaishanavism and did yoga. And it got me nowhere! 🙂
For me, Christianity is what I needed. " a free ticket to heaven, you say"... I will take the free ticket any time than work for it.

There are plenty of people who eat meat and are kind to animals. Being a vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean that such a person is kind to animals.

BTW, Not a single Hindu/Vaishnavite sage rose from the dead. Still waiting for the acid test 🙂)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by shahenshah
One can always tell when a person has run out of logical counter-arguements, the person resorts to calling others "fool".

The eating or abstinence from meat does not elevate one's spiritual level. However, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol may lower one's judgement 🙂 especially when driving.

I was born a Hindu and practised it for 36 years and a single Hindu/Vaishnavite sage rose from the dead. Still waiting for the acid test 🙂)
Your own Bible uses the word (fool) many times

This is the big bluff that Jesus is God and rose from the dead. (no material body can ever rise from the dead)

You have not followed the authorized teachings of the Vaisnava teachings, but some unauthorized version.

In India false gurus are a dime a dozen.

Meat eating prevents advancement on the spiritual path....you should know this.

Following the authorized Vaisnava teachings is something you do 24/7 and not just on week-ends like a hobby.

Your support of alcohol and meat is evidence of your insincerity on the whole matter.

And your acceptance of the meat eaters religion ( Christianity ) is more evidence of your insincerity.

Therefore you are unqualified to comment on Vaisnavism or spirituality.

The last time I was in India I witnessed persons reciting the Bhagavat Purana for money, and they recited hundreds of verses from memory............but these persons have no spiritual devotion to God and are just showmen.

When it comes to true spirituality, Indians are the most confused because they believe it is their birth right to have spiritual understanding, but spiritual understanding comes from true devotion and strict adherence to the principles of spiritual living.