1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 12:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sorry for your loss Kelly. Out of respect I won't come back to you on this. (The reason my post was in response to Eladar).
    We are good Duke and when we aren't, I will repent and say I am sorry more times than not. 🙂
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 14:23
    "What are we to say of the child dying from cancer? if this has been 'done' to anyone that is bad enough, but to be done for a purpose, planned from eternity, that is the deepest evil. If God is this kind of agent He can not justify His actions and his evil nature is revealed."

D.Z Phillips. (Use to know that quote by heart, but alas had to google ...[text shortened]... it).

You ask how much is to be blamed on society. I ask you how much is to be blamed on God?
    Should we credit all healings to God? We can set a broken bone, but that is not healing it, the body is designed to do that. If it doesn't we are in trouble, the same with everything else, we can do operations, give drugs to assist our healing, but if it doesn't heal, or fight off what is wrong what then?

You should thank God for every good day under the sun! Being ungrateful is poor form for what you have and had.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 14:43
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Being ungrateful is poor form for what you have and had.
    So being a unforgiving, resentful, bitter and scornful.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 15:38
    You are not listening to what was already said, why should share with you any more.
    The thread title is "Is Jesus Willing".
    There are so many things that god/jesus could do, but don't. Why? Because he is *not* willing? Or not has the power?
    I've given example after example but I do this for deaf ears. The christian dogma is false.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 15:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There are so many things that god/jesus could do, but don't. Why? Because he is *not* willing? Or not has the power?
    I've given example after example but I do this for deaf ears. The christian dogma is false.
    Everything in your life is a gift, the air you breath, your job, home, health, waking up to live another day. He has given us plenty, but nothing in this life we have is permanent, this universe is temporary and all in it. You brought nothing in you will take nothing out.

His priorities are not the same as ours, and if you think you can hang on to anything temporary you will be greatly disappointed more than once.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you are arguing that sometimes Christ is not willing to heal physically that is true.
    At least in this present age it is.

The book of Hebrews talks about the believers tasting the powers of the coming age. That means a foretaste of mass healings to be in the next age of the millennial kingdom. We can have sometimes a foretaste of those powers in this church age.

In my experience Christ is always willing to dispense more of His personality into me when I open up my heart to Him.

And if sickness facilitates this then that is OK.
    We need to be driven out of everything and up and into Jesus Christ.

If your concept of Christ is like a Santa Claus that grants everything you wish, that is faulty.

Having said this, Yes, sometimes God IS pleased to enact a healing.
    We should not feel we need to prove we are spiritual by having Him do so every week.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 18:09
    Everything in your life is a gift, the air you breath, your job, home, health, waking up to live another day. He has given us plenty, but nothing in this life we have is permanent, this universe is temporary and all in it. You brought nothing in you will take nothing out.

His priorities are not the same as ours, and if you think you can hang on to anything temporary you will be greatly disappointed more than once.
    Kelly, believe it or not, even atheists understand that the world around us is temporary. And yes, we could die tomorrow or live until we are 99. Many Christians seem to think this justifies throwing their arms up into the air and saying, "Oh well, what does it matter then if we die tomorrow. We're going to die some day anyway."

It matters 'because' life is temporary and 'because' life is precious.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 19:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    If you are arguing that sometimes Christ is not willing to heal physically that is true.
    Agree totally.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 19:222 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 19:232 edits
    You have absolutely no scriptural evidence for this strange belief and you are, in my opinion, completely and totally wrong.

Scripturally, prove me otherwise...
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have absolutely no scriptural evidence for this strange belief and you are, in my opinion, completely and totally wrong.

If you think that God is always going to heal physically you go ahead and hold that view.
    Love believes all things and hopes all things.

How's that?
    You were expecting a major debate ?

But notice that you can always fall back on - "Well, Christian ... God willed but you just didn't have enough faith for it."

That of course is kind of a "safe" rationale.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 23:35
    Kelly, believe it or not, even atheists understand that the world around us is temporary. And yes, we could die tomorrow or live until we are 99. Many Christians seem to think this justifies throwing their arms up into the air and saying, "Oh well, what does it matter then if we die tomorrow. We're going to die some day anyway."

It matters 'because' life is temporary and 'because' life is precious.
    In God we live, do you recall what Jesus said about Abraham status of life
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 07:37

If you think that God is always going to heal physically you go ahead and hold that view.
    Love believes all things and hopes all things.

How's that?
    You w ...[text shortened]... you just didn't have enough faith for it."

That of course is kind of a "safe" rationale.
    Why do you insist on "quoting" my post within your reply, when it's already quoted in the "reply/quote" box? You do this all the time, it just makes you look a bit odd.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 07:382 edits
    Jesus never failed to heal any person brought before him, never.

You are wrong, Jesus is always willing to heal. Always. Your view of a terrorist God who is unwilling to heal is strange, yes another of your strange beliefs. You need to get a fresh perspective on the almighty God, seriously.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 08:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Jesus never failed to heal any person brought before him, never.

You are wrong, Jesus is always willing to heal. Always. Your view of a terrorist God who is unwilling to heal is strange, yes another of your strange beliefs. You need to get a fresh perspective on the almighty God, seriously.
    Then it's enough to pray to get rid of ones cancer?
    Then it would be easily provable to statistically compare christians with cancer with atheists with cancer. Christians would always be cured, but atheists on the other hand...
    Prepare to get disappointed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree