Is poor good and rich bad?

Is poor good and rich bad?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Like insisting that you respond in an intellectually honest and forthright manner. Must be really off-putting for someone like you since you seem unable to do so.

Still putting together that list of verses that you've specifically cited thus far to back up your points to support your claim that you "[gave] scripture" to support your position? No surpr ...[text shortened]... sty and evasiveness since their position is inherently incoherent. Yet another example here.
I did quote scripture same topic but different thread...this discussion is spread
across more than a few threads. Now you want to cry that my answers are
not on topic and avoiding your question, than I suggest you number your
questions spell them out simply on what you want and use little words.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 11

Like insisting that you respond in an intellectually honest and forthright manner. Must be really off-putting for someone like you since you seem unable to do so.

Still putting together that list of verses that you've specifically cited thus far to back up your points to support your claim that you "[gave] scripture" to support your position? No surpr ...[text shortened]... sty and evasiveness since their position is inherently incoherent. Yet another example here.
Here is a quote.
"Luke 18:18
"18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

Did you sell everything you owned, do you own anything now? He was talking
to a specific person if you take the full conversation in context, a practice I
suggest you start doing. You tend to twist scripture instead of looking at it
in context, no where does it say if you own anything you are sinning! Even
the couple (Ananias, Sapphira) that lied about selling thier things in Acts 5
didn't die due to the fact they owned anything, it was that they lied to God
about what they did with their own! Peter even said that while it was theirs it
was in their power to do whatever they wanted with it.

Acts 5: 3-4
But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thy heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land? While it remained, did it not remain thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thy power? How is it that thou hast conceived this thing in thy heart? thou has not lied unto men, but unto God."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jun 11

Originally posted by rwingett
Technology has led mankind to the brink of ruin, but he steadfastly maintains that the application of yet a little more technology will make things turn out alright in the end.
Technology is just a tool we use, our nature drives us to act as we do and that
is a natural part of life. So you acknowledge that humans are different than
the rest of all life on this planet, but you blame evolution and not God for
that?
Kelly

T

Moves
04 Jun 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
I did quote scripture same topic but different thread...this discussion is spread
across more than a few threads. Now you want to cry that my answers are
not on topic and avoiding your question, than I suggest you number your
questions spell them out simply on what you want and use little words.
Kelly
I did quote scripture same topic but different thread...this discussion is spread across more than a few threads.

C'mon. At least have the integrity to admit that you disagreed with (or avoided) the quotes of Jesus given in THIS thread without citing any verses to support your position.

Now you want to cry that my answers are not on topic and avoiding your question, than I suggest you number your questions spell them out simply on what you want and use little words.

You've got to be kidding. It seems like you're trying to claim that you that others must "use little words" and "number [their] questions" in order for you to respond in an intellectually honest and forthright manner. Why not just admit it? What makes it all the more ridiculous is that you've avoided questions and/or points even after they were pointed out in painstaking detail. It's as if you decided it better that you claim to be stupid.

1. What do you really think you gain with this disingenousness?

2. How "little" do the words need to be?

T

Moves
04 Jun 11
3 edits

Here is a quote.
"Luke 18:18
"18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

Did you sell everything you owned, do you own anything now? He was talking
to a specific person if you take the full conversation in context, a practice I
suggest you start doing. You tend to twist scripture instead of l that thou hast conceived this thing in thy heart? thou has not lied unto men, but unto God."
1. Why should I bother to respond to this if you are going to continue to respond in an intellectually dishonest and evasive manner?

BTW the verses you've quoted either don't support the point you are trying to make or support Rwingett's position rather than your own.

Have you considered that maybe the words in the Bible aren't "little" enough for you to understand them?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 11
1 edit

[b]I did quote scripture same topic but different thread...this discussion is spread across more than a few threads.

C'mon. At least have the integrity to admit that you disagreed with (or avoided) the quotes of Jesus given in THIS thread without citing any verses to support your position.

Now you want to cry that my answers are not on topic think you gain with this disingenousness?

2. How "little" do the words need to be?
[/b]It is quite a simple thing I'm asking of you, make your point.
Mine point has been that being rich doesn't matter at all towards one being
a Christian, being good or bad. You are good at crying about me not answering
your questions, I'm only asking that you get specific in a very concise manner.

I'm arguing the same question with many of the same people in more than one
thread, so they become a little burry on what was said where sometimes.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 11
2 edits

1. Why should I bother to respond to this if you are going to continue to respond in an intellectually dishonest and evasive manner?

BTW the verses you've quoted either don't support the point you are trying to make or support Rwingett's position rather than your own.

Have you considered that maybe the words in the Bible aren't "little" enough for you to understand them?
I'm being neither dishonest nor evasive with you, if you are not getting direct
enough answers you'd like; I suggest you reframe your questions.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 11

Originally posted by rwingett
You obviously fail to comprehend what I'm saying.

Mankind ceased being a part of the natural order of things around 10,000 years ago. Since then he has fashioned a decidedly unnatural relationship between himself and nature. Homo Habilis first appeared around 2 million years ago. Homo Sapiens have been around for some 250,000 years. For the vast majorit ...[text shortened]... evered any healthy, sustainable relationship between himself and the natural order of things.
Man was created by God no more than about 10,000 years ago.
The idea that the earth or man could be 2 million years old is
ludicrous. God intended for man to take care of the earth, but
man disobeyed God right from the start, so the 10,000 year
estimate may be close as to when he started acting contrary to
God and doing what he wanted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 11
1 edit

T

Moves
05 Jun 11
3 edits

It is quite a simple thing I'm asking of you, make your point.
Mine point has been that being rich doesn't matter at all towards one being
a Christian, being good or bad. You are good at crying about me not answering
your questions, I'm only asking that you get specific in a very concise manner.

I'm arguing the same question with many of the same ...[text shortened]... ore than one
thread, so they become a little burry on what was said where sometimes.
Kelly[/b]
Rajk999 was right when he said, "this KJ guy is a real piece of work".

Anyone reading this thread knows full well that you've avoided questions and/or points even after they were repeated in painstaking detail.

Your denial of this fact shows a completely lack of integrity on your part.

It's like trying to deal with a child who goes into denial mode who's faced with something threatening to his juvenile world view.

Well, you're no longer a teenager. Maybe it's time you grew up a little and started facing reality. Started facing truth. "The truth will make you free".

The teachings of Jesus are deep and profound. If only fundamentalist Christians like yourself would embrace them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
How can you determine from the Biblical account of creation, for a fact [ Im assuming here that you can distinguish fact from opinion] that the earth was created less than 10,000 years ago?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
How can these two statements from you be reconciled?

I certainly do not preach against modern physics since it
supports the Biblical view in every way that I am aware of

and

The idea that the earth or man could be 2 million years old is ludicrous.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 11

Rajk999 was right when he said, "this KJ guy is a real piece of work".

Anyone reading this thread knows full well that you've avoided questions and/or points even after they were repeated in painstaking detail.

Your denial of this fact shows a completely lack of integrity on your part.

It's like trying to deal with a child who goes into denial mo ...[text shortened]... deep and profound. If only fundamentalist Christians like yourself would embrace them.
Yea, yea, yea, you want to insult me. I get that, its been all you've done in
of late. You have a point?
Kelly

T

Moves
05 Jun 11
1 edit

Yea, yea, yea, you want to insult me. I get that, its been all you've done in
of late. You have a point?
Kelly
And the childishness continues....

No surprise there.

Evidently KJ believes that if he continues to deny the facts, then they aren't true.

KJ and other fundamentalist Christians on this forum have shown time and again that they are so enslaved by fear that they are incapable of engaging in an intellectually honest and forthright discussion. That they will stoop to all manner of unscrupulous tactics in order to keep from doing so. More's the pity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Jun 11

And the childishness continues....

No surprise there.

Evidently KJ believes that if he continues to deny the facts, then they aren't true.

KJ and other fundamentalist Christians on this forum have shown time and again that they are so enslaved by fear that they are incapable of engaging in an intellectually honest and forthright discussion. That ...[text shortened]... l stoop to all manner of unscrupulous tactics in order to keep from doing so. More's the pity.
All you have to do is write your point on the topic, instead you belittle and
berate. When you get around to it, let me know.
Kelly