1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 17:39
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Why is the chronology of history in the Western world divided up into BC and AD ?

Is that because of someone's imaginative daydream of some fictitious person?
    Because that was when compulsive lying became the trend.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 17:42
    Originally posted by WWindmill
    Because that was when compulsive lying became the trend.
    You're a man of few words, aren't you?

I think any elaboration of any length exposes the lunacy of your ideas. I think you're smart to keep it short.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 17:45
    You're a man of few words, aren't you?

I think any elaboration of any length exposes the lunacy of your ideas. I think you're smart to keep it short.
    So let me ask a question then. Elaborate as you wish. Did Jesus really rise from the grave to save mankind?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 17:592 edits
    So let me ask a question then. Elaborate as you wish. Did Jesus really rise from the grave to save mankind?
    Before I answer that I would remind you that the Truth and Reconcilation Hearings in South Africa were inspired from Christian theology.

This was a historic time of people coming forward and truthfully devulging what thier crimes against humanity were during the Apartied regime.

This was a unique historic event involving not imagination but painful truth telling. It was inspired by Christian theology with the help of Anglican theologian.

I'll respond to your question in another post.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 18:05
    I definitely believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

He has saved some of mankind. He is in the process of saving more.

Some choose NOT to be saved. We will not blame Jesus for those who choose not to be saved.

I know His resurrection saved me and my family. I know thousands of others personally who would promptly confess that His resurrection has saved them.

Oh, I still need some saving from some things. Salvation is an ongoing process as far as the sanctification and transformation of the soul is concerned.

Jesus is prophetically called in the prophet Haggai "the desire of the nations". This means tha Jesus Christ is what all the nations are desiring though they may not know it.

He is the God of eternal encouragement.

That is all I will elaborate on this post.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 18:08
    I definitely believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

He has saved some of mankind. He is in the process of saving more.

Some choose NOT to be saved. We will not blame Jesus for those who choose not to be saved.

I know His resurrection saved me and my family. I know thousands of others personally who would promptly confess that His resurrection has ...[text shortened]...

He is the God of eternal encouragement.

That is all I will elaborate on this post.
    So tell us how he did it then. Give us the gift of eternal life!!!! NOPE.. It is people's wild imaginations just like the world-wide flood which again never happened but those crazy wild imaginations.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 18:34
    ==============================

So tell us how he did it then. Give us the gift of eternal life!!!!

=================================

This is how He does it. First He saves us from eternal damnation. God does not overlook our sins. He judges them on the cross of Christ. From our side it seems like free forgiveness. But from God's side there is no such thing. Justice was carried out on behalf of the believer on the Son of God at Calvary.

God now looks upon me as if I had never sinned. He has not loosely excused them. He has judged Christ in my place. Justice has been imputed on my behalf.

Now I can say "God whether you like me or you don't like me, you have to forget my sins for the sake of Christ your Son. He was judged in my place."

But this is only the JUDICIAL side of His saving. I need the divine nature of God implanted into my being. So I was regenerated, reborn with another life mingled into my life. Christ Himself is in a form in which He can be dispensed into the innermost part of my being.

Those are not just words now. CHRIST HIMSELF IS IN A FORM IN WHICH HE (JESUS CHRIST) CAN BE IMPARTED AND DISPENSED INTO MY BEING.

"The last Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Christ in His physical and spiritual resurrection transfigured Himself into a form in which His life can come into my life. Then He and I are united - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

The salvation in the organic sense in the sense of a transformation of personality is in this indwelling of the Divine Life Giving Spirit - "Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." (2 Cor. 3:17)

1.) My record before God was saved by having the sins commited by me judged and erased - forgotten forever before a perfect righteous God.

2.) My spirit, the innermost part of my being was made alive from its comatose state of death by being born of God. This is a new beginning of life by being indwelt by Jesus Christ in His pneumatic form - the life giving Spirit.

3.) My soul is in the process of being saved by sanctification and transformation. With my cooperation and learning to walk by the Spirit He is spreading into my soul - into my personality changing me into His own image.

4.) MY physical body will be saved in the future through either resurrection and glorification, should I die before His second coming. Or through rapture and glorification at His soon to be Second Coming.

5.) MY environment is saved because He promises a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

6.) My planet is saved.

7.) My universe is saved by the reigning of Christ and His co-kings who are the many brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God.

8.) My purpose for existence is saved because I am brought back to the reason why God created me. That is to be a son of God for the corporate expression of the God mingled and united with man for our enjoyment and His glory - the New Jerusalem, the city of God.

My past is Christ. My history is Christ. My legacy is Christ. My present is to live Christ out from within my being as He grows and spreads His Spirit into every corner of my being.

My future is to be conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son of God.

And not only that. Not only that. BUT GOD IS ABLE TO MAKE ALL THINGS WORK OUT FOR GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE HIM and are called according to His purpose. Therefore I can be thankful for EVERYTHING because the eternal God has the unique ability to cause ALL things to work TOGETHER for good to those who participate in His eternal purpose.

Right Here:

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers;

And those whom He oredestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified.

What shall we say to these things: If God is for us who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:28-31)

If I drop my faith in Christ and pick up your atheistic philosophy what does it offer me?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 00:21
    [b]==============================

This is how He does it. First He saves us from eternal damnation. God does not overlook our sins. He judges them on the cross of Christ. From our side it seems like free forgiveness. But from God's s ...[text shortened]... drop my faith in Christ and pick up your atheistic philosophy what does it offer me?[/b]
    Sanity.
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 00:251 edit
    [b]==============================

This is how He does it. First He saves us from eternal damnation. God does not overlook our sins. He judges them on the cross of Christ. From our side it seems like free forgiveness. But from God's s drop my faith in Christ and pick up your atheistic philosophy what does it offer me?[/b]
    Absolutely nothing.
    But that's not really what your faith is about is it? Is it just an insurance policy?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 02:13
    Because you would be honest and not living a lie.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 03:172 edits
    ====================================
    Absolutely nothing.
    But that's not really what your faith is about is it? Is it just an insurance policy?
    ===================================

There is much assurance that we are on the right track.

But much more it is a daily moment by moment enjoyment. And not an altogether private one either. It is shared mutually by many varied people from all nations and all walks of life.

We have our Lord's Table meeting with Spanish speaking, Korean speaking, Chinese speaking, and English speaking believers all praising our victorious Lord and Savior Jesus.

We also have a couple from Iran and one from Ghana that worship with us. All different cultures with a common enjoyment and experience of Christ.
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 03:23
    [b]====================================
    Absolutely nothing.
    ===================================

There is much assurance that we are on the right track.

But much more it is a daily moment by moment enjoyment. And not an altogether private one either. It is ...[text shortened]... that worship with us. All different cultures with a common enjoyment and experience of Christ.[/b]
    I'm happy for you.
    I get the same sort of enjoyment in my life - just not through belief in a god.
  13. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 03:26
    Sanity.
    That is what I find in my faith. That's interesting! 🙂
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 03:39
    Do you mean the kind of "sanity" which suggests that out of nothing something came into being without a cause - like the universe?
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 03:41
    Do you mean the kind of "sanity" which suggests that out of nothing something came into being without a cause - like the universe?
    And this is less sane than believing that something akin to the tooth fairy or santa claus created the whole shebang?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree