1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 04:40
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    That is what I find in my faith. That's interesting! 🙂
    What!? In the cupboard where it is nothing more then a group of people trying their best to love and please one another. You're like a drug addict that needs his drip in the arm and cannot wander too far from the pack of sheep. Enjoy your wardrobe and boast how incredible it is but at the end of the day you're still in a wardrobe.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 06:13
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Do you mean the kind of "sanity" which suggests that out of nothing something came into being without a cause - like the universe?
    If you are sane, then the fact that you repeatedly bring up a strawman that you know is a strawman, must indicate your dishonesty. (if you were doing it due to insanity then I would accept that it might not be dishonesty).

Just in case you have forgotten since last time someone told you, the non-existence of God does not in any way suggest that out of nothing something came into being without cause. Also, the existence of God does not prove the reverse. Things are known to come out of nothing without any known cause all the time and I haven't heard theists suggesting that God is responsible, and certainly haven't heard any theist claim that God is the only possible explanation.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 20:45
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================

So tell us how he did it then. Give us the gift of eternal life!!!!

=================================

This is how He does it. First He saves us from eternal damnation. God does not overlook our sins. He judges them on the cross of Christ. From our side it seems like free forgiveness. But from God's s ...[text shortened]... drop my faith in Christ and pick up your atheistic philosophy what does it offer me?[/b]
    What a load of crap.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 20:45
    Blah blah blah blah blah.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you are sane, then the fact that you repeatedly bring up a strawman that you know is a strawman, must indicate your dishonesty. (if you were doing it due to insanity then I would accept that it might not be dishonesty).
    To echo Windmill -- what a load of crap.

People can be wedded to perfectly illogical views. or commit the most flagrant logical fallacies, without being insane. And a fanatical devotion to logical principles can often imply mental disease.
  6. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:04
    Seems my thread has ben hijacked by thoes who would rather argue with non-believers.

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I am wroth with sadness.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:55
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Seems my thread has ben hijacked by thoes who would rather argue with non-believers.

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I am wroth with sadness.
    Cheer up my friend.

Pr 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Ec 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:03
    Originally posted by WWindmill
    What!? In the cupboard where it is nothing more then a group of people trying their best to love and please one another. You're like a drug addict that needs his drip in the arm and cannot wander too far from the pack of sheep. Enjoy your wardrobe and boast how incredible it is but at the end of the day you're still in a wardrobe.
    Have you looked in the mirror lately? I've been reading your posts since you got back. You're not as funny as some of the others. You need to work on that.
  9. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Cheer up my friend.

Pr 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Ec 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
    Thank you josephw!
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:13
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Thank you josephw!
    Any time.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 06:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    To echo Windmill -- what a load of crap.

People can be wedded to perfectly illogical views. or commit the most flagrant logical fallacies, without being insane. And a fanatical devotion to logical principles can often imply mental disease.
    I am perfectly aware that people can hold illogical views. However, he was talking about an illogical view that he holds, he was building a strawman. Further more, since I am sure it has been explained to him before, he knows it is a strawman.
    You may be right that I am being too logical in concluding that he is attempting intentional deception.
    Maybe his devotion to his own beliefs are so fanatical that it is causing him to have serious delusions about what other people believe. Again, that is not impossible not that uncommon as evidenced by the number of people who deny the existence of atheists.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 21:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am perfectly aware that people can hold illogical views. However, he was talking about an illogical view that he holds, he was building a strawman. Further more, since I am sure it has been explained to him before, he knows it is a strawman.
    You may be right that I am being too logical in concluding that he is attempting intentional deception.
    Maybe ...[text shortened]... sible not that uncommon as evidenced by the number of people who deny the existence of atheists.
    I don't deny atheists exist I just don't agree with them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree