Is slavery part of Sharia law?

Is slavery part of Sharia law?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
17 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Jesus is God. God is Jesus. God has committed genocide on an epic scale. And he didn’t even limit himself to one species. He threw a tantrum unlike anything that anyone had seen then or has seen since.

Jesus is a mass murderer.

Just because Muslims may have done terrible things in the past has no bearing on what a Muslim today does and thinks.
...[text shortened]... so allow me to repeat it: How do you propose this intolerance towards Islam should be handled??
Fundamentalists? I'm a fundamentalist and don't advocate slavery. I know other fundamentalists who don't advocate slavery. In fact, in Mosaic law slaves are freed after so many years, but no such law under Sharia law.

Jesus said that he came to set the captives free. He even challenged the thinking on Mosaic law when he showed mercy on the woman caught in adultery, something that Mohammad never did.

The sad truth is, not all Christians are fundamentalists. Not everyone believes every word of the Bible. However, Muslims memorize the Qaran's every letter, and would never dream of saying that anything Mohammad did was "wrong". Islam demands fundamentalism, and it is a fundamentalism based upon a second rate ancient warlord.

Perhaps you can enlighten us and tell us which Christians you know advocate slavery. If not, how about in the news today? Which Christians advocate slavery?

And lastly, how would the world respond if the Vatican began beheading people like they do in "moderate" Saudi Arabia?

Idiot.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by whodey
In fact, in Mosaic law slaves are freed after so many years, but no such law under Sharia law.
Did you not read any of the material on slavery in Islam ~ and about the freeing of slaves in particular ~ suggested to you on page 1 of this thread?

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

And lastly, how would the world respond if the Vatican began beheading people like they do in "moderate" Saudi Arabia?
Who is it you are saying claims that Saudi Arabia is "moderate"?

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

If so, then slavery will always be a part of Islam.
How many Islamic male masters that "have sexual relations with female captives and slaves" are there and how many "female captives and slaves" do you reckon there are in the world? Bear in mind that there are about 600,000,000 to 800,000,000 Muslim males and that they cannot enslave fellow Muslims. How widespread is it?

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

Any religion that imposes slavery, crucifies children, and kills those who don't convert should be treated with intolerance.

Or do you disagree?
Do you have any concrete suggestions as to what form "intolerance" of it should take?

Infidel

Moves
17 Oct 14

Fundamentalists? I'm a fundamentalist and don't advocate slavery. I know other fundamentalists who don't advocate slavery. In fact, in Mosaic law slaves are freed after so many years, but no such law under Sharia law.

Jesus said that he came to set the captives free. He even challenged the thinking on Mosaic law when he showed mercy on the woman caught ...[text shortened]... respond if the Vatican began beheading people like they do in "moderate" Saudi Arabia?

Idiot.
I know other fundamentalists who don't advocate slavery.

There are also many, many Muslims out there who don't advocate slavery. What's your point?

However, Muslims memorize the Qaran's every letter, and would never dream of saying that anything Mohammad did was "wrong".

And Christians would never say that Jesus was God, God mass murdered countless people and Jesus was therefore a murdering maniac and was thus "wrong". Christianity demands fundamentalism. What's your point?

Perhaps you can enlighten us and tell us which Christians you know advocate slavery.

Copied from Duchess64: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army

What's your point?

Outraged, I should hope. What's your point?

Idiot.

Christian!

Oh, by the way, you seem to have missed my question, so I'll ask it again: how do you propose this intolerance towards Islam should be handled??

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by shavixmir
Yes. Sharia law (Islamic law) allows slavery.

However, the rules are quite strict.
- Muslims can't be enslaved
- Slaves that become Moslim have more religious rights than non-Moslim non-slaves.
- Slaves can be freed due to religious atonement
- Moslims are encouraged (in one of their five pillars of their faith) to donate money to free slaves (the c ...[text shortened]... stianity allows slavery.

But hey... what do you expect from literature from 2000 years ago??
"And Paul in the new testament makes it very clear that Christianity allows slavery."

Wrong.

"But hey... what do you expect from literature from 2000 years ago??"

The truth.

But hey...what do you expect from this forum?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
Do you have any concrete suggestions as to what form "intolerance" of it should take?
Any religion that imposes slavery, crucifies children, and kills those who don't convert should be treated with intolerance.

Or do you disagree?

"Do you have any concrete suggestions as to what form "intolerance" of it should take?"

How disingenuous can you be FMF?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I'm not American.

Goes for quite a few of the posters here, actually. In case you didn't know.
I know not every poster is American. A lot of people wish they were. There's nothing better.

Are you not opposed to injustice? How do you think crimes against humanity should be handled?

Would you be adverse to trials, convictions and executions? Or how about all out war if necessary?

Infidel

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by josephw
I know not every poster is American. A lot of people wish they were. There's nothing better.

Are you not opposed to injustice? How do you think crimes against humanity should be handled?

Would you be adverse to trials, convictions and executions? Or how about all out war if necessary?

Lol. It’s these little nuggets that keep me coming back to this website. “There’s nothing better”. Great stuff.

Yes, I suppose I am opposed to injustice. I don’t think many people would answer “no” to that question. “Crimes against humanity” is way to broad to answer your second question. Be more specific.

“Executions” as in the death penalty? No, I’m against that. One of the many wonderful things about not living in America. We got rid of that a long time ago.

No, I’m not against trials and convictions per se. Depends on the context. All-out war... again depends on the context.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

How disingenuous can you be FMF?
How so?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
17 Oct 14

[b]"And Paul in the new testament makes it very clear that Christianity allows slavery."

Wrong.

"But hey... what do you expect from literature from 2000 years ago??"

The truth.

But hey...what do you expect from this forum?[/b]
Ephesians 6:1-9:

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

It's one of Paul's letters.

And, you know, it doesn't really leave much room for interpretation. Does it?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Oct 14

[quote]5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because yo ...[text shortened]... Paul's letters.

It doesn't say anything about owning slaves.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Oct 14

[quote]5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because yo ...[text shortened]... Paul's letters.

You should actually read it.

Nothing there that supports your assertion that Christianty "allows" slavery.

Doesn't say that. Go ahead. Read it again. This time just let it say what it's saying without projecting your interpretation on it.

I run into this problem all the time. Even with Christians.

Back to basics

About

Moves
17 Oct 14

You should actually read it.

Nothing there that supports your assertion that Christianty "allows" slavery.

Doesn't say that. Go ahead. Read it again. This time just let it say what it's saying without projecting your interpretation on it.

I run into this problem all the time. Even with Christians.
Read 5 again.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Christianity not only allows slavery. It expects the slaves to obey their earthly masters as they would Christ.