1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 11:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thread 161838 (Page 8)

"In context these passages compare an unbeliever [human body and soul] with a believer [human body, soul and spirit]:

"1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually apprai ...[text shortened]... level to the unbeliever."

http://www.divineviewpoint.com/sane/dbm/setup/1Corinth/1Cor015.htm
    Do all human beings have human spirit even if they are agnostics, atheists and non-Christians?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 18:59
    Thread 161838 (Page 8)

"In context these passages compare an unbeliever [human body and soul] with a believer [human body, soul and spirit]:

"1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually apprai ...[text shortened]... level to the unbeliever."

http://www.divineviewpoint.com/sane/dbm/setup/1Corinth/1Cor015.htm
    So what's a "human spirit"?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    An immaterial part of God's design format of human beings which is acquired at the moment of salvation along with eternal life; it enables believers in Christ [trichotomous: body, soul and human spirit] to understand and utilize spiritual truth.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 21:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Like teen spirit without the angst.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 22:43
    An immaterial part of God's design format of human beings which is acquired at the moment of salvation along with eternal life; it enables believers in Christ [trichotomous: body, soul and human spirit] to understand and utilize spiritual truth.
    So you believe only Christians have human spirit? Have you ever met any other Christians who profess to believe this?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 23:37
    This is confusing. I am not familiar with "human" spirit.
    All men and woman are born with body and soul. Soul is breath life. It is what animates the humans.
    When a human dies, his soul life is gone, ceases to exist. The body of course, decays.
    Spirit on the other hand is something completely different. It what a person receives at salvation. It is what connects us to spiritual matters.
    That is why a human without spirit cannot know the things of God.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '14 23:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is confusing. I am not familiar with "human" spirit.
    All men and woman are born with body and soul. Soul is breath life. It is what animates the humans.
    When a human dies, his soul life is gone, ceases to exist. The body of course, decays.
    Spirit on the other hand is something completely different. It what a person receives at salvation. It is w ...[text shortened]... ects us to spiritual matters.
    That is why a human without spirit cannot know the things of God.
    The concept of human spirit is common to many religions and philosophies. I have never heard a Christian claim that having human spirit is exclusive to Christians before. When tackled about this human spirit thing earlier, when he said "It's your soul...", Grampy Bobby appeared to be saying that human spirit and soul are synonymous. He doesn't want to engage, so the confusion remains. I have never heard a Christian claim that non-Christians have no "soul" or "no human spirit" before.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 00:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    The concept of human spirit is common to many religions and philosophies. I have never heard a Christian claim that having human spirit is exclusive to Christians before. When tackled about this human spirit thing earlier, when he said "It's your soul...", Grampy Bobby appeared to be saying that human spirit and soul are synonymous. He doesn't want to engage, so ...[text shortened]... ve never heard a Christian claim that non-Christians have no "soul" or "no human spirit" before.
    Soul life and physical life are imparted by the Holy Spirit [Neshamah: breath of lives] to a viable fetus [biological life] as it emerges from the mother's womb and takes it's first inhale at the moment of birth [soul life and physical life begin].
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 00:27
    Soul life and physical life are imparted by the Holy Spirit [Neshamah: breath of lives] to a viable fetus [biological life] as it emerges from the mother's womb and takes it's first inhale at the moment of birth [soul life and physical life begin].
    sonship and lemon lime do not think that non-Christians have "no human spirit". Is their view in line with Christian doctrine?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 00:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    sonship and lemon lime do not think that non-Christians have "no human spirit". Is their view in line with Christian doctrine?
    All other believers in Christ around the world are also accountable to God for their priorities in redeeming the time.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 00:39
    All other believers in Christ around the world are also accountable to God for their priorities in redeeming the time.
    Is their view ~ which is contrary to yours, it would seem ~ in line with Christian doctrine, in your view? If they believe that ALL human beings DO have human spirit and a soul, do you believe they are propagating a non-Christian view?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    But the idea of the "soul" is common to a whole range of religions and philosophies. Followers of the Abrahamic religions typically believe that all human beings have "souls". On the other thread, are you seriously claiming that Christian doctrine says that "agnostics or atheists" along with people who don't believe in Christ, have no "soul" and no "human spirit"?
    You equated "human spirit" with "soul".

Is it still your contention that any Christian would deny that atheists (or any non-Christian) have a soul? This is what you were specifically suggesting, so would you care to modify or make any changes in your argument before we proceed?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 01:30
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You equated "human spirit" with "soul".
    When I asked Grampy Bobby about the human spirit, he replied "It's your soul...".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Is it still your contention that any Christian would deny that atheists (or any non-Christian) have a soul?
    I have never met a Christian who did ~ Grampy Bobby aside ~ and I certainly did not deny that non-Christians had human spirit/a "soul" when I myself was a Christian.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 01:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The term "human spirit" can mean two different things depending on how it's used. You appear to be taking the two most common meanings of this term and applying it as though it means same thing. This makes no sense and only adds to the confusion here, so are you talking about how atheists define "the human spirit" or the way Christians define it?

For the sake of simplicity I believe this could be resolved by simply saying "soul" rather than "the human spirit". This would pretty much put an end to your contention over GBs use of the term "human spirit", even though the use of this term is perfectly acceptable within the context of a spiritual discussion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree