1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 08:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby has claimed that the human spirit/soul is acquired when one becomes a Christian and that atheists and agnostics don't have human spirit/souls. You either agree with him on that, or you agree with the conventional Christian view which is that all human beings, regardless if whether they are Christians, have human spirit/souls.
    If you want me to agree with this assessment of yours about what GB said (and/or meant by what he said) then I must necessarily wait until GB either confirms or denies your assessment.

I would do the same for you in order to avoid forming an opinion after hearing about something you purportedly said and/or meant from someone else. And especially so if that someone else seemed to have a bug up his butt and consistently worked to misrepresent what you were saying. Is this fair enough for you, or do you expect me to believe everything you are saying about Grampy Bobby without hearing from him first?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 08:29
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    If you want me to agree with this assessment of yours about what GB said (and/or meant by what he said) then I must necessarily wait until GB either confirms or denies your assessment.

I would do the same for you in order to avoid forming an opinion about something you purportedly said and/or meant from someone else. And especially so if that [i]someon ...[text shortened]... xpect me to believe everything you are saying about Grampy Bobby without hearing from him first?
    I think Grampy Bobby has been pretty clear and he has also repeated the claim a few times using the copy paste feature. If he withdraws what he said later then that is his prerogative.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Grampy Bobby has been pretty clear and he has also repeated the claim a few times using the copy paste feature. If he withdraws what he said later then that is his prerogative.
    I see. So if he manages to explain what he means to your satisfaction, then you've already decided in advance to say he withdrew from what he said before and is now saying something else. Is this correct? If so, then why in the world are you revealing your game plan in advance? That's like telling a chess opponent what your game plan is and what moves you intend to make.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:03
    I see. So if he manages to explain what he means to your satisfaction, then you've already decided in advance to say he withdrew from what he said before and is now saying something else. Is this correct? If so, then why in the world are you revealing your game plan in advance? That's like telling a chess opponent what your game plan is and what moves you intend to make.
    He typed what he typed. I think it was pretty unequivocal.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:06
    I'm aware of denominational differences where terms aren't clearly understood, and I'm also aware of denominational differences where there is a clear conflict in belief. It's not clear to me which of these differences (if any) apply to you and sonship, but I suspect it has more to do with definition of terms than anything else. One thing that has always ...[text shortened]... to understand denominational differences is simply knowing what those denominations are.
    If it helps, I have no church denominational or organizational group affiliation [two non-denominational local churches only, both of which have a pastor who teaches line upon line exegetically and categorically from the original languages].
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:101 edit
    I'm not sure what your assessment of this is, because from where I'm sitting it appears you are the intended target (topic) of this thread.

I imagine you don't see it this way, and I also don't expect to see FMF admit to indulging himself at your expense. I decided to let him send me on one his fools errands because I was fairly certain I could deliver ...[text shortened]... over again, regardless of what anyone says... but my assessment of this could also be wrong. 😉
    Unfortunately, my assessment of genuine interest was incorrect. Time to clean the troll dust off our sandals. imo
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    When I was a Christian I believed that every human being had a "soul". If you are right and we can replace "human spirit" with "soul" in what Grampy Bobby said, and so he is thus saying that human beings get their "souls" only if they become Christians, then this is the first time I have heard anyone claim this is Christian doctrine. Do you agree with it?
    Originally posted by FMF
    "When I was a Christian I believed that every human being had a "soul". If you are right and we can replace "human spirit" with "soul" in what Grampy Bobby said, and so he is thus saying that human beings get their "souls" only if they become Christians, then this is the first time I have heard anyone claim this is Christian doctrine. Do you agree with it?"

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby "Is the human spirit exclusive to Christians?" (page 4)

"An immaterial part of God's design format of human beings which is acquired at the moment of salvation along with eternal life; it enables believers in Christ [trichotomous: body, soul and human spirit] to understand and utilize spiritual truth."

"Soul life and physical life are imparted by the Holy Spirit [Neshamah: breath of lives] to a viable fetus [biological life] as it emerges from the mother's womb and takes it's first inhale at the moment of birth soul life and physical life begin]."

Please attribute words with reference to their context accurately. Thank you." (Page 4) Second and final request.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Unfortunately, my assessment of genuine interest was incorrect. Time to clean the troll dust off our sandals. imo
    Your contention about when the soul or human spirit is "acquired" by humans does not seem like Christian doctrine. It comes across more like some kind of speculation on your part.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:23
    If it helps, I have no church denominational or organizational group affiliation [two non-denominational local churches only, both of which have a pastor who teaches line upon line exegetically and categorically from the original languages].
    Thanks for weighing in on this... that's all I needed to hear for me to close out my own participation in this present madness (aka this thread).

The only explanation that could work in FMFs favor would be if you were part of some weirdly off base denomination, but I haven't been able to spot any off the wall denominational differences between you, sonship and myself. So as far as I'm concerned it's now all on FMF to carry on his one man war against the saints in this thread.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    "When I was a Christian I believed that every human being had a "soul". If you are right and we can replace "human spirit" with "soul" in what Grampy Bobby said, and [b]so he is thus saying that human beings get their "souls" only if they become Christians,
    then this is the first time I have heard anyone claim this i ...[text shortened]... ith reference to their context accurately. Thank you." (Page 4) Second and final request.[/b]
    Your words and their context have been duplicated verbatim several times including by you. You typed what you typed and you haven't answered follow up questions.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:27
    Time to clean the troll dust off our sandals.

LOL... troll dust.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '14 09:331 edit
    Thanks for weighing in on this... that's all I needed to hear for me to close out my own participation in this present madness (aka this thread).

The only explanation that could work in FMFs favor would be if you were part of some weirdly off base denomination, but I haven't been able to spot any off the wall denominational differences between you, son ...[text shortened]... cerned it's now all on FMF to carry on his one man war against the saints in this thread.
    I still don't recognize the idea that agnostics and atheists have no human spirit. This is not Christian doctrine that I have come facross before. Even if you change human spirit to soul (as you suggested), the contention that agnostics and atheists have no soul, or that the soul is acquired by becoming a Christian, this still sounds like some kind of personal theology rather than Christian doctrine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree