1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, younger ones, that does not automatically mean babies. The
    need to reproduce would require the age to be able to have off spring
    when getting off the ark or during the time on it.
    Kelly
    What does the need to reproduce have to do with anything?

Are you suggesting that animals didn't age or get bigger before the flood?
  2. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 23:08
    Yes it was before sin entered the world, and unless you can point to
    a time where God allowed one living creature to eat another nothing
    changes until then. It was after the flood where man was given
    permission, the animal kingdom was under man's rule, it stands to
    reason they would follow man's lead, at least in my opinion.
    Kelly
    Gen 1:26 says: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

KellyJay, God had given dominion over the animals before the fall of Adam.
    I'm only arguing using the Bible out of exercise as i don't believe the Bible as literal truth.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 13:16
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    On the surface it sounds so ridiculous as to be discarded offhand.
    Calculate the rate of rainfall necessary to cover the highest mountains in 40 days. Or you could read the Babylonian story of Ut-Napistm which was carved in stone before the bible even claims it happened. Or you could read the at least a dozen flood accounts from different civilations. Or you could read about the multiple megafloods in the Scablands (northwest US) dating back over 20,000 years. Upon deeper examination it is silly.
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 13:30
    We are discussing Genesis and Noah's ark, if you want to know how
    it all began, and how we got to where we are scripturally you need to
    at least read it. Man was given authority over all the other life, we
    gave up that authority, and the results have twisted all that was done
    during the creation event. Seeing the mess we are in now does not
    mean it started out that way, it only means we see the mess we are
    in now.
    Kelly
    Over 30 years ago I went to the source (a rabbi) and he explained that stories like Noah were not historical fact. Just stories. It seems that Christians consider themselves the one true authority on texts written by Jews.
    BTW, Did you know why the Talmud was burned during the Holy Inquisition ?
    Because it clearly shows that Jesus did not fulfill the prophesies required to be the "Messiah".
  5. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 14:12
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    [b]What does the need to reproduce have to do with anything?
    They need to reproduce (with John Agar)
    They need to reproduce (with Morris Ankrum)
    They need to reproduce (with Richard Basehart)
    They need to reproduce (with Jackie Coogan)
    They need to reproduce (with Sonny Tufts)

Frank Zappa - The Man From Utopia:The radio is Broken. 1983

I hope this clears things up a bit
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 19:25
    There are evidences of a flood, but its a scientist job to explain it scientifically, cause surely there was no flood.... *sarcasm*

Petrified wood with no growth rings is one that I can think of off hand, before the flood the earth was a perfect environment so trees did not have growth rings. Im sure there is more evidence, but Im not going going to google it cause its a waste of time, and they all have other explanations made up my scientist.

oh btw I have found sea shells fossils up in the mountians when I was hiking before. 10000 feet above sea level in WY, hmm, Im sure there is a scientific reason for that as well, am I not right?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 19:27
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    There are evidences of a flood, but its a scientist job to explain it scientifically, cause surely there was no flood.... *sarcasm*

Petrified wood with no growth rings is one that I can think of off hand, before the flood the earth was a perfect environment so trees did not have growth rings. Im sure there is more evidence, but Im not going going to goog ...[text shortened]... ove sea level in WY, hmm, Im sure there is a scientific reason for that as well, am I not right?
    Yes; colliding tectonics plates create mountains by pushing up the terrain.
  8. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 19:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yes; colliding tectonics plates create mountains by pushing up the terrain.
    did you ever play the game: first group of ppl makes up a story, 2nd group writes all the evidences they can think of concerning the story, 3rd group only sees the evidence as put on by third group. Story is totally different even though the evidence matches both groups.
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 20:46
    did you ever play the game: first group of ppl makes up a story, 2nd group writes all the evidences they can think of concerning the story, 3rd group only sees the evidence as put on by third group. Story is totally different even though the evidence matches both groups.
    lol

my teacher made us play a game of chinese whispers, and tried to use it to show that there was doubt about the bible. Until of course it was pointed out that the bible was written down, and so could not be wrong.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 05:45
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    lol

my teacher made us play a game of chinese whispers, and tried to use it to show that there was doubt about the bible. Until of course it was pointed out that the bible was written down, and so could not be wrong.
    Unless you choose to ignore the fact that most of stories were passed down orally for a 1000 years before being "written" down.
    Which indicates that they are just myths.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 07:01
    idk if it has been mentioned because it is the first time i have been to this thread but if all animals have a common ancestor, what if the bible dates are wrong and this happened billions of years ago? it wouldnt be hard to find two kinds of each animal since there wouldnt be much.
  12. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 21:01
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    idk if it has been mentioned because it is the first time i have been to this thread but if all animals have a common ancestor, what if the bible dates are wrong and this happened billions of years ago? it wouldnt be hard to find two kinds of each animal since there wouldnt be much.
    Well biblically the story of Noah's Ark did not happen millions of years ago.
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 22:09

Petrified wood with no growth rings is one that I can think of off hand, before the flood the earth was a perfect environment so trees did not have growth rings. Im sure there is more evidence, but Im not going going to goog ...[text shortened]... ove sea level in WY, hmm, Im sure there is a scientific reason for that as well, am I not right?
    Hmmmm.... Interesting approach here.... How much do you understand about geology? Plate tectonics?... Its simple really. I'm sure if you looked near those fossils on the mountain tops you'd find one of the following?

Large Normal or reverse fault.
    whole series of small fault zones.
    A massive unconformity.
    Large Shear Zone.
    Elevated shore line.

etc etc....

And this isn't a case of one person tells a story, etc etc. These are independently reproducible phenomena... Therefore, simply put, your statement is ridiculous..

As to the Noah's ark thing. Don't you need 72 breeding pairs to create a stable gene pool and prevent genetic defects due to Inbreeding? Wouldn't that make the ark need to hold 72 X 5 million species.... Thats a pretty big boat all the same. Then again most of the world does seem pretty brain damaged so maybe its true....
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 22:19
    Why, because you don't think God could or would do it?
    Kelly
    God can do anything. My question is how'd he get thosa T.Rex's and the sauropods to play nice for 40 days and nights? And did He just teleport a a couple of polar bears, king penguins, and Pirannhas to the fertile crexcent? Again, I believe Hod is all-powerful --He said flatly tjat Ge could make children of Isreal out of stones--I just am curious about the method. And the 65000000 -year difference in species.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 22:21
    Originally posted by serigado
    You stupid ignorant. Didn't you know all animals were vegetarians before the flood? Only after it they started to eat meat, after men's sins came to earth.
    sin came a longgg time bfore the ark.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree