1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 07:44
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark — the name of the beast or the number of its name.
    Revelation 13: 16-17

China’s dystopian “social credit” system

http://www.abc.net.au/ ...[text shortened]... the article, it’s quite frightening no matter what your religious or non-religious perspective.
    Good grief, tiger. All this talk of beasts - you’ll give yourself nightmares!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 10:42
    And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark — the name of the beast or the number of its name.

http://www.abc.net.au/ ...[text shortened]... the article, it’s quite frightening no matter what your religious or non-religious perspective.
    A pile of nonsense. This appeals to the fanatical Christians who relish the idea of tribulation and suffering of mankind prior to the coming of Christ. The Suzainne type.

In these times there is no force that can accomplish this

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:15-17 KJV)

Nobody can tell the world to take this mark otherwise you cannot buy or sell and worship me otherwise I will kill you. Its the kind of thing that happened long ago when rulers had this kind of power. Those days are gone.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 11:59
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The first chapter of a book might be considered introductory. The Torah, especially, was written for jews of c. 3500 years ago, and so it is written taking their understanding into account. Indeed, it was written by one of them. Revelation was written some 1600 years later and is an account of what one man was shown, sans explanation. Since thes ...[text shortened]... are still in the future, we are better equipped now to provide explanation than anyone previous.
    This summary doesn't explain why you disregard the Genesis account of the creation of man and yet accept as literal some of the strange stuff in Revelation?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 12:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I told you what I believe. You say you disagree.

So you are naysaying what I said. Seems obvious.
    So when you made your first post in reply to my OP, was that you "naysaying"?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 14:20
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    A pile of nonsense. This appeals to the fanatical Christians who relish the idea of tribulation and suffering of mankind prior to the coming of Christ. The Suzainne type.

In these times there is no force that can accomplish this

[i]And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that ...[text shortened]... he kind of thing that happened long ago when rulers had this kind of power. Those days are gone.
    So what "mark" were people forced to take in order to buy and sell back in the day?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 14:21
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Good grief, tiger. All this talk of beasts - you’ll give yourself nightmares!
    Just don't mention hell.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 14:53
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Just don't mention hell.
    Hell for tiger is a day without a PB&J sandwich or pint of ale.

Why I remember when the pub had a fire and had to close for a week for repairs and tiger just cried and cried and cried - his chubby cheeks were coated in tears and snot for days.

Then about four weeks later the grocer ran out of grape jelly for tiger’s PB&J sandwiches and tiger threw a tantrum in the grocery store, cursing and throwing jars of raspberry jelly against the wall. One of the more printable comments he screamed was, “How am I supposed to eat my PB&J sandwiches with this crap?!”

The grocer was going to call the police but I persuaded him not to and agreed to pay for the 12 jars of raspberry jelly that tiger destroyed.

He’s a handful!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 15:02
    Admit it everyone - you love that tiger and his adorable antics and hijinks are back in RHP.

I know you missed tiger - and he missed you too!

BTW, to catch you up on what’s been happening with tiger the last month, Bronwen is now his babysitter!

Bronwen stopped by the pub to pick tiger up after school one day, and tiger, who was completely obliterated, started drunkenly putting the moves on her - lunging and groping and grabbing at her like she was a pub trollop.

Fortunately, Bronwen had a sense of humor about it and exclaimed, “This is very naughty behavior for an eight-year-old boy!” She then strapped him in his seatbelt and tiger, who was too blotto to loosen it, fell asleep.

He’s a handful!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 15:23
    Almost forgot...

I know some of you are very concerned that tiger has started puffing cigarettes with Kiddo behind the gym at Shetland Primary.

I don’t think he’s addicted yet but is only acting out and testing boundaries. I did a thorough search of his room yesterday when he was at the pub and could not find any cigarettes.

And Bronwen has agreed to stop by the pub every few days to see if tiger is puffing cigarettes there.

I guess we just have to hope for the best.

He’s a handful!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 19:07
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Just don't mention hell.
    If I belived that my god, whom I worshiped and loved, tortured billions of people alive with fire for eternity, because they failed to believe in him...I would also be suggesting no one mention it.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 19:44

Im not certain What the Mark is. but i was talking with a friend who is in the FBI. She was saying they have a chip being developed about the size of a grain of rice. it is supposed to grow into the underskin of the back of your hand. it will have all the data of your life in it.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 19:50
    If I belived that my god, whom I worshiped and loved, tortured billions of people alive with fire for eternity, because they failed to believe in him...I would also be suggesting no one mention it.
    this is my personal belief of what hell is. In the concept that God is Love. that God made a place out of love for the fallen. What the scripture states, 'it isnt what goes into a person that makes them evil, it is what comes out'. in the same sense, Lucifer was created perfect, but it is what came from Lucifer that was corrupt.

It could have been a parridise, but the Darkness and fallen mankind have made it into hell
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 20:52
    Bronwen said you’re an ex-Christian like Kiddo. Was she mistaken?

BTW, I had to throw out your flippers because you forgot to wash them off (again!) last night. You’ll just have to snorkel in vats of ale at the pub without them next time.

And no puffing cigarettes in the house!
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 01:19
    Thread Killer strikes again!!!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 02:04
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    Im not certain What the Mark is. but i was talking with a friend who is in the FBI. She was saying they have a chip being developed about the size of a grain of rice. it is supposed to grow into the underskin of the back of your hand. it will have all the data of your life in it.
    What did you think of the article in the OP?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree