1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 02:27
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    Im not certain What the Mark is. but i was talking with a friend who is in the FBI. She was saying they have a chip being developed about the size of a grain of rice. it is supposed to grow into the underskin of the back of your hand. it will have all the data of your life in it.
    Just as long as the chip doesn’t contain all the data on tiger’s ale and PB&J consumption. Then the chip would have to be the size of an anvil.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 02:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What did you think of the article in the OP?
    Oh come on, Bronwen. Nobody read that article, including you.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 07:15
    Im not certain What the Mark is. but i was talking with a friend who is in the FBI. She was saying they have a chip being developed about the size of a grain of rice. it is supposed to grow into the underskin of the back of your hand. it will have all the data of your life in it.
    Yep, that's the future.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 07:40
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yep, that's the future.
    No its not. WE choose it
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 11:03
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    No its not. WE choose it
    It's the future WE are heading for.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 14:17
    Who's "we"?
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 14:59
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Who's "we"?
    Humanity (of course).

The day will come (in our lifetime) when we will carry technology in our bodies allowing for seamless travel and consumerization.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 15:13
    The chip itself wouldn’t have to have all that information, just enough to identify you. Then depending on what database they want to check out they can, for example your driving records, or your spending habits, criminal records, school transcripts and so on. Once they have that on you they can track you and everyone as you go about your day or check who is gathering with whom, 1984 will have nothing on this.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 15:16
    And for our own good and for the children the governments will ask then demand we take it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 15:29
    Humanity (of course).

The day will come (in our lifetime) when we will carry technology in our bodies allowing for seamless travel and consumerization.
    Some of the upsides can you think of anything down sides?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:24
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Some of the upsides can you think of anything down sides?
    There are many downsides old chap. For example, targeted advertising, where you will trigger personalized advertisements in every shop you enter. (Not to mention an existence of reduced human interactions).
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:45
    There are many downsides old chap. For example, targeted advertising, where you will trigger personalized advertisements in every shop you enter. (Not to mention an existence of reduced human interactions).
    Control is the one I would have concerns with.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:47
    <For example, targeted advertising, where you will trigger personalized advertisements in every shop you enter.>

Imagine all the advertisements for breath mints and body deodorant that’ll pop up when you walk by.

As for tiger, I foresee targeted ads for hangover cures will follow him like a dog follows his master.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:50
    <Not to mention an existence of reduced human interactions).>

If this is a byproduct of the chip, humanity will insist in a loud, unified voice that you get your chip immediately.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:04
    Yep, that's the future.
    At the rate governments do complete testing on drugs, i would wonder if a 30yr test study has been done on the side affects of any thing graphed to the under skin

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree