Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son ( two names being mentioned here, not a third though of the holy spirit ) and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have ll powerful", unless the description has somehow morphed into some another meaning.
It indicates the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are under ONE NAME. It does not say NAMES, it says NAME - singular - that means ONE, not two or more.

There is only ONE NAME given under heaven by which you must be saved. It is the ONE NAME of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. HalleluYAH !!!

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

(Acts 4:12 NASB)

The Instructor

k

Moves
06 Jun 13

Does this mean you have no such scriptures you can find?
Galveston,

What it means is… This is getting old, I think I’ll pass.

I was reminded of something the other day by another poster in another thread, and I believe it is true. Satan is having a field day.

To the left, we have those throwing stones; to the right we have those throwing stones. Given enough time, none of us will be able to see. I don’t know about you but I like my eyes and I want to see! I regret my part for any controversy, hurt feelings, anger, etc. that may have been stirred up in this thread(s) as a result of my questions, you have my apologies. My aim in life is… and in Jesus words…

Matthew 22:35-41
King James Version (KJV)

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

For those who don’t believe in God, I feel are just eating popcorn and enjoying the show (no offense, it’s figurative). I respect each and everyone here, and realize we all come from different walks of life with different experiences; it’s these things that make us who we are. What we have sunk to is name calling, castigating another’s beliefs, and just downright rudeness. I want a little more fruit in my exchanges than that… maybe make a friend, play a game of chess, have a conversation that does not involve belittling the other.

What I don’t want, is for somebody that does not even know me to tell me I am wrong because my belief is slightly different than theirs or that I am destined for hell because of the church I attend, or that my church is out for my money, or that I don’t know what I am talking about because my belief does not agree with theirs. I am a big boy and what I choose to do with faith, money, my bible is between me and God, not others. Silly I know, but that’s how I view it.

Does this mean you have no such scriptures you can find?

No it does not mean that at all. It means this is getting old, I think I’ll pass. And for the reasons I stated above, I don't at this moment see how it would make any difference.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by kd2acz
Galveston,

I was reminded of something the other day by another poster in another thread, and I believe it is true. Satan is having a field day.

To the left, we have those throwing stones; to the right we have those throwing stones. Given enough time, none of us will be able to see. I don’t ...[text shortened]... nd for the reasons I stated above, I don't at this moment see how it would make any difference.
Well I understand the getting old part and I may be wrong here but I don't think you can really come up with just a couple scriptures that state what I asked for?
Just one would do and again it needs to state that all three are the same spirit being...
So I'm nopt trying to belittle you at all. That accomplishes nothing as RJH can't seem to figure out.
But it is an honest question as this is open to all.
For such a strong doctrine to exist in most churches it would seem there would be at least a couple scriptures that state clearly this belief. I'm just offering for anyone to show me this scripture and without getting mad or start the name calling if one can't producer this scripture.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am articulate and diplomatic, not to mention devilishly handsome and a chess genius.
Clearly, your talent is imagination.

k

Moves
06 Jun 13

Well I understand the ge...(edit)...producer this scripture.
Galveston,

I am not speaking about you directly at all, you have been respectful to me as have most, and I don't feel belittled at all, it's not about me. I was more speaking about how others treat each other as this has been something I have mentioned many times in different threads. Bickering is not the way to go. I think sometimes the cause of Christ could be better served another way.

We that call ourselves Christians should be aware of our audience, wouldn't you agree?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 13

how many people have these men killed, how many did your church fathers kill and condemn to death?
If I killed them personally it has no bearing on the wrongness of their teaching.

I have no idea how these men expired. I don't care if they were placed in the electric chair by Sunday School kids. The teachings are wrong regardless of how they died.

I never heard anyone charge the deaths or Russell or Rutherford on believers in Jesus. There is always a first time to hear something.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 13
1 edit

Galveston,

To the left, we have those throwing stones; to the right we have those throwing stones. Given enough time, none of us will be able to see. I don’t ...[text shortened]... nd for the reasons I stated above, I don't at this moment see how it would make any difference.
What you have said and quoted is clearly the bottom line of all Christian faith [at least it is supposed to be].

Love God and Love your neighbour as yourself [good works] is the key to eternal life as Christ & the Apostles said so many times.

There are Christian groups here who would strongly disagree with you even though in doctrine they appear to be your counterparts. There is a thread where someone asked what gives eternal life and one of these Christians proceeded to quote passages which seem to state that all you need to do is accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved .. love he claims is not part of the equation.

What do you think of this doctrine?

k

Moves
06 Jun 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
What you have said and quoted is clearly the bottom line of all Christian faith [at least it is supposed to be].

Love God and Love your neighbour as yourself [good works] is the key to eternal life as Christ & the Apostles said so many times.

There are Christian groups here who would strongly disagree with you even though in doctrine they appear to be ...[text shortened]... l be saved .. love he claims is not part of the equation.

What do you think of this doctrine?
I think every man/woman needs to work out their own salvation.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jun 13
1 edit

Galveston,

I am not speaking about you directly at all, you have been respectful to me as have most, and I don't feel belittled at all, it's not about me. I was more speaking about how others treat each other as this has been something I have mentioned many times in different threads. Bickering is not the way to go. I think sometimes the cause of Christ ...[text shortened]... .

We that call ourselves Christians should be aware of our audience, wouldn't you agree?
I totally agree as I hate any bickering at all and feel really bad when I get caught up in it.
But still curious about those scriptures?

rc

Moves
06 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Clearly, your talent is imagination.
yo sooooooo jealous.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jun 13

Galveston,

I believe you are right about it not making any difference, at least not to these two JWs on RHP. I have did all those things you have said and it has proved to have no effect on them, other than perhaps make them more stubborn.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Jun 13

"I have did all those things you have said and it has proved to have no effect on them, other than perhaps make them more stubborn."

Hummm. Seems his efforts have been in vain. If anything it confirms that our beliefs are right and they are from the Bible, not from some paganistic teaching. The more he talks the more damage he does to himself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jun 13
1 edit

I think every man/woman needs to work out their own salvation.
For sure everyone needs to work out their own salvation. That goes without saying. My point is that there are many here who claim to be able to teach and to preach and who irresponsibily make statements about salvation which are not clearly stated by Christ and ignore the statements which are clear.

You yourself in this thread are ignoring all the parts of the Bible which state clearly that God is the head of Christ just as Christ is the head of the man. They therefore cannot be equal. It is true that the doctrine of the Trinity or Triune God has some foundatation in the Bible, however the only unbiased conclusion you can make is that the Bible teaches it both ways and there are many ways that the relationship of God, Christ and Holy Spirit can be interpreted.

But these are not matters which should fragment the body of Christ, a point you seem to agree with .. and this is good.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jun 13

we are busy teaching and preaching, how anyone can read the gospel and not get the sense of a public ministry is quite beyond me, oh but wait, that's right, you pay someone to do it for you, when Christ returns and asks for his talent back, what will you say, I hid it in the ground?
No you spend your time attempting to secure sign ups for the JW organisation. How many people have you converted with your door to door ministry?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
No you spend your time attempting to secure sign ups for the JW organisation. How many people have you converted with your door to door ministry?
Do you really think we are after "sign ups" as you say? Geeeez, you really have no idea about what Jesus taught and the reasons for it and why he taught his followers to do the same to others that would listen.

So in case you really have missed the point of it all and it seems you have, it is to"SAVE LIFE'S" and help ones to find that are truly searching for a better life now and an even better one in the future.
Perhaps some day you can look beyond your simple understanding of spiritual matters and get a better hold of reality and the bigger picture?