Isiaha 9:6

Isiaha 9:6

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You will explain why the book of Isaiah is irrelevant to Christians.
This is typical. You and your half-truths poisoning everything you say.

I did NOT say that "the book of Isaiah is irrelevant", I said "this THREAD is irrelevant".

One might expect a "translation master" to at least understand English.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

Sorry i am only interested in discussing accurate translation, all irrelevancy will be ignored.
No, in fact you are NOT interested in "accurate translation". You yourself call the NWT "the most accurate translation". This proves you don't exactly know what you're talking about, you're only interested in promoting the agenda of your corporation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

again this is an irrelevancy, why don't you address my question before introducing other elements? I will be happy to answer your question when my business has been taken care of. Here it is again,

The phrase that is of interest is 'Mighty God', which is prophetically applied to Jesus. I would like to ask those who know anything about the Bible ...[text shortened]... nslated as Almighty God if it is to be assumed that it is made with reference to God the father?
Avoiding the question. Again.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

yes and the amazing thing is is that its absolutely central to the belief that Jesus is God. I really wonder if this an instance of simply accepting a concept without actually trying to ascertain whether its Biblical substantiated, one wonder how prevalent this type of unquestioning acceptance is.
No, it's not. As a matter of fact, regarding the question as to whether Jesus is God, this one verse in Isaiah is not the end all, be all of the question. Again, you have an agenda, and you seek to "prove" this agenda by using an insignificant verse (regarding the question), which is irrelevant to the question.

Stop with the misdirection already. Unfortunately, to quote galveston75, "I don't think he can."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by divegeester
What's popularity got to do with honesty.

Do you have a preconceived answer to the question you are posting?
Of course, he does. Examine JW dogma for clues. You, if anyone, should see his agenda by now.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

we are unable to use our powers of deduction? ouch!
This is a laugh. First you say "why doesn't it SAY 'Almighty' if it's referring to the Almighty", intimating that we should be robots when reading the Bible, and that it was meant to be read strictly as written, and then you cheekily ask if "we are unable to use our powers of deduction".

You're a piece of work, robbie.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Feb 14

all irrelevancy will be ignored.
And by this, you mean anything you don't agree with.

How easy that makes it, huh?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
This is typical. You and your half-truths poisoning everything you say.

I did NOT say that "the book of Isaiah is irrelevant", I said "this THREAD is irrelevant".

One might expect a "translation master" to at least understand English.
irrelevant and unworthy of serious comment

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

No, in fact you are NOT interested in "accurate translation". You yourself call the NWT "the most accurate translation". This proves you don't exactly know what you're talking about, you're only interested in promoting the agenda of your corporation.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

No, it's not. As a matter of fact, regarding the question as to whether Jesus is God, this one verse in Isaiah is not the end all, be all of the question. Again, you have an agenda, and you seek to "prove" this agenda by using an insignificant verse (regarding the question), which is irrelevant to the question.

Stop with the misdirection already. Unfortunately, to quote galveston75, "I don't think he can."

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

This is a laugh. First you say "why doesn't it SAY 'Almighty' if it's referring to the Almighty", intimating that we should be robots when reading the Bible, and that it was meant to be read strictly as written, and then you cheekily ask if "we are unable to use our powers of deduction".

You're a piece of work, robbie.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

And by this, you mean anything you don't agree with.

How easy that makes it, huh?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Feb 14
1 edit

Suzianne did a job on you. You are bankrupt. You are out of serious comments.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Suzianne did a job on you. You are bankrupt. You are out of serious comments.
ah yes, motivated by ego rather than a quest for truth, as for me I have every faith that anyone reading these discussions can see for themselves how incredibly pointless it is trying to reason with nominal Christians.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 14

ah yes, motivated by ego rather than a quest for truth, as for me I have every faith that anyone reading these discussions can see for themselves how incredibly pointless it is trying to reason with nominal Christians.
Without any serious comments, you have been reduced to attacking the messenger strategy.