1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 20:32
    Originally posted by menace71
    So I contend that no matter the language original or otherwise context and flow of thought still are foundational to understanding what the writer intended. I will look into the word Mighty and see not only how many times it is used in the old testament but also look at the context in which it is used. The original languages and words can and do usually hav ...[text shortened]... pending on the word that is being used. English can kinda lose the meaning just a bit.

Manny
    and i sincerely wish you well for there is no substitute for personal study and research.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 23:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    So I contend that no matter the language original or otherwise context and flow of thought still are foundational to understanding what the writer intended. I will look into the word Mighty and see not only how many times it is used in the old testament but also look at the context in which it is used. The original languages and words can and do usually hav ...[text shortened]... pending on the word that is being used. English can kinda lose the meaning just a bit.

Manny
    Don't forget to check the New Testament book of Revelation where it talks about Almighty God, the first and the last, and the alpha and omega.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't forget to check the New Testament book of Revelation where it talks about Almighty God, the first and the last, and the alpha and omega.
    Sure let's see what the Greek word for Almighty is also

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:35
    when I have some time here in a while

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree