1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 07:541 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ah yes, motivated by ego rather than a quest for truth, as for me I have every faith that anyone reading these discussions can see for themselves how incredibly pointless it is trying to reason with nominal Christians.
    Oh, we can see this, alright.

You are so in thrall to your perverted overlords that you cannot see the truth. You have been blinded.

It's sad, really.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 10:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, we can see this, alright.

You are so in thrall to your perverted overlords that you cannot see the truth. You have been blinded.

It's sad, really.
    you are hysterical and appear to me to be incapable of rational thought.
  3. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 11:03
    you are hysterical and appear to me to be incapable of rational thought.
    No, it is you that is incapable of rational thought.

You said so yourself - you cannot or will not debate any point that is not merely a regurgitation of an official JW interpretation of a particular scripture!

As Suzy said - sad, really...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 11:11
    Originally posted by CalJust
    No, it is you that is incapable of rational thought.

You said so yourself - you cannot or will not debate any point that is not merely a regurgitation of an official JW interpretation of a particular scripture!

As Suzy said - sad, really...
    this is not helping your case, i have made at every turn reference to the original language and based all interpretations purely on an understanding of the Biblical text, i have not mentioned Jehovahs witnesses once, infact i grew tired at the repeated references made to Jehovahs witnesses by others, devoid of reason, incapable of rational thought, blinded by religious bias and looking for an easy target, when I drew attention to the irrelevancy of their remarks they made even more and they do as you have just done, introduce another irrelevancy.

All that matters is what is written in scripture, this thread is about Isaiah 9:6, not Jehovahs witnesses, how you can fail to recognise the fact is known only to you.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 11:321 edit
    this is not helping your case, i have made at every turn reference to the original language and based all interpretations purely on an understanding of the Biblical text, i have not mentioned Jehovahs witnesses once, infact i grew tired at the repeated references made to Jehovahs witnesses by others, devoid of reason, incapable of rational thought, b ...[text shortened]... Isaiah 9:6, not Jehovahs witnesses, how you can fail to recognise the fact is known only to you.
    No it is not what is wriiten in scripture that matters to you. The only thing that matters to you is the changing and twisting of scripture to agree with the Watchtower doctrines. It is for that purpose only that the Watchtower made their own translation and keep making new editions to change what they have missed changing in previous editions.

Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 11:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No it is not what is wriiten in scripture that matters to you. The only thing that matters to you is the changing and twisting of scripture to agree with the Watchtower doctrines. It is for that purpose only that the Watchtower made their own translation and keep making new editions to change what they have missed changing in previous editions.

Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php
    this thread is about Isaiah 9:6, your inability to recognise the fact is an indication of a mind that is simply incapable of rational thought.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 12:19
    this thread is about Isaiah 9:6, your inability to recognise the fact is an indication of a mind that is simply incapable of rational thought.
    I was just pointing out your deceitfulness. However I will post my reverence in the proprer thread and then you can respond there.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 12:561 edit
    I was just pointing out your deceitfulness. However I will post my reverence in the proprer thread and then you can respond there.
    Again you seem incapable of rational thought, the text is not about me personally, its about Isaiah 9:6, perhaps this is the same reason why you cannot distinguish between the subject of a clause and the predicate noun, you are simply incapable of rational thought. Have you seen a doctor recently?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 13:40
    Again you seem incapable of rational thought, the text is not about me personally, its about Isaiah 9:6, perhaps this is the same reason why you cannot distinguish between the subject of a clause and the predicate noun, you are simply incapable of rational thought. Have you seen a doctor recently?
    But this thread is about you and your unwillingness to accept the truth. The only thing that matters to you is the changing and twisting of scripture to agree with the Watchtower doctrines. It is for that purpose only that the Watchtower made their own translation and keep making new editions to change what they have missed changing in previous editions.

How do you wish to change and twist the meaning of Isaiah 9:6?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:44
    But this thread is about you and your unwillingness to accept the truth. The only thing that matters to you is the changing and twisting of scripture to agree with the Watchtower doctrines. It is for that purpose only that the Watchtower made their own translation and keep making new editions to change what they have missed changing in previous editions.

[b]How do you wish to change and twist the meaning of Isaiah 9:6?
    [/b]
    wait until the full moon you can have lots of fun howling at it, the little caravan trundles on and the dogs howl into the twilight
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:23
    wait until the full moon you can have lots of fun howling at it, the little caravan trundles on and the dogs howl into the twilight
    Funny how everyone here seems "incapable of rational thought" except you.

Seems like paranoid fantasy, if you ask me.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:252 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Funny how everyone here seems "incapable of rational thought" except you.

Seems like paranoid fantasy, if you ask me.
    yes but no one is asking you and therefore all unsolicited questions will be ignored.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 20:42
    How do you wish to change and twist the meaning of Isaiah 9:6?
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:27
    Ok I'll take a crack at this It's Mighty God vs Almighty God right ? I also do not know the Hebrew words for Mighty God vs Almighty God But I will look these words up first and look at them and see if I can ascertain the difference between the two words. I can tell you that Isaiah 9:6 is/was referring to the coming Messiah (Namely Jesus) Can we or do we agree on this point? (At this point I'm not trying to prove Jesus is anything other than this scripture is referring to Him)

Manny
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 07:34
    he NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 1368
    Original Word Word Origin
    rwbbg intensive from (01396)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Gibbowr TWOT - 310b
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    ghib-bore'
    Definition
    adj

strong, mighty n m
    strong man, brave man, mighty man

NAS Word Usage - Total: 158
    champion 2, great 1, helpers 1, heroes 3, men 3, men of outstanding 1, Mighty 1, mighty 27, mighty man 15, mighty men 57, Mighty One 1, mighty one 2, mighty ones 3, mighty warrior 1, mighty warriors 2, strong 1, strong man 1, valiant warriors 1, valiant* 1, warrior 14, warrior has over another 1, warrior's 1, warriors 17, who is mighty 1

OK so the word for Mighty is ghib-bore it basically means strong or Mighty

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree