1. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 16:20
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Well, what's wrong with Islam?
    I have nothing against islam, but I think their treatment of women is a bit over the top.

However, Im glad to know you're not a wife-beater.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 21:23
    I'm Catholic.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 23:37
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I have nothing against islam, but I think their treatment of women is a bit over the top.

However, Im glad to know you're not a wife-beater.
    "Their" treatment of women as a universal behavior? I think that's a bit over the top.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 23:37
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I'm Catholic.
    And being Catholic necessitates hating all non-Catholics?
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 16:54
    I'm Catholic.
    does your local priest tell you to ask people the same questions over and over again in order to win a religious argument?
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 16:55
    Originally posted by scherzo
    "Their" treatment of women as a universal behavior? I think that's a bit over the top.
    it may not be an universal behavior, but it happens to the great majority.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 19:11
    it may not be an universal behavior, but it happens to the great majority.
    I highly doubt that, having been to several Muslim countries where women, although not ecstatic, were fairly well-treated on the whole, certainly by their husbands. The majority of anti-woman sentiment in Greater Syria and North Africa is from the state, not the husbands.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 21:38
    No I don't hate anybody, in fact I LOVE everybody, you know want everyone to get to Heaven,

No my priest doesn't tell me to do that, but I argue so you people will believe what I do.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 04:582 edits
    No I don't hate anybody, in fact I LOVE everybody, you know want everyone to get to Heaven,

No my priest doesn't tell me to do that, but I argue so you people will believe what I do.
    And what is it you BELIEVE IN?
    (from what I can see you are like a lot of other christian folk , (not all), who repeat stuff ad infintum until it becomes true(for them). Even if it is true do you think this is a good tactic for winning over others. I suspect you may be preaching to the converted and therefore wasting your time!)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 09:22
    I think their treatment of women is a bit over the top [...] it may not be an universal behavior, but it happens to the great majority.
    The great majority? That's a quite a claim.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:05

but I argue so you people will believe what I do.

"Who do you think jesus is?" are not arguments.
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 21:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    The great majority? That's a quite a claim.
    Generalissimo is fairly brash generally ...
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 03:06
    No I'm not preaching to the converted that's the problem, No I'm asking you your option I already know who He is He's God.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 05:52
    No I'm not preaching to the converted that's the problem, No I'm asking you your option I already know who He is He's God.
    Give me one reason why i should believe you.
    Did Jesus talk to you and tell you that you were on the right track?
  15. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 19:04
    Please feel free to ignore me and carry on your bickering, but I do find it slightly disturbing (although mainly amusing) that hundreds of years before the formation of two of the three Judeo-centric religions, Herodotus was able to understand that every man thinks his own culture and religion are the best. Further than that, he saw that it is not only futile, but also petty to attack another man's ancestral values, and yet here you all are.

Enjoy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree