1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 May '09 20:44
    Islam is certainly great, as well as interesting, and true.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 23:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its true my friend, you even get a flavour of it in the Bible, there was no greater honour that you could bestow upon a person than to be their guest! and the well being of the guest became a matter of honour. Its not to say that we in the west are not also hospitable, but in the east its significance and practice is astounding.
    But can this be attributable to Islam? After all, it goes back much farther than when Islam began.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 May '09 04:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    But can this be attributable to Islam? After all, it goes back much farther than when Islam began.
    It is certainly not correct to directly associate the culture of the Middle East with Islam whether that cultural aspect is good or bad. For example the treatment of women in the region is largely a cultural phenomenon.
    However there are probably cases where cultural aspects have become part of the religion and are thus not only perpetuated but spread by the religion even when they are not necessarily part of the doctrine.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '09 08:142 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    yes its a cultural phenomena.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 May '09 23:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is certainly not correct to directly associate the culture of the Middle East with Islam whether that cultural aspect is good or bad. For example the treatment of women in the region is largely a cultural phenomenon.
    However there are probably cases where cultural aspects have become part of the religion and are thus not only perpetuated but spread by the religion even when they are not necessarily part of the doctrine.
    Besides the fact that even in MENA, it varies regionally and by country. In general, the Levant (ps, lb, jo, sy, iq) better at dealing with women's rights, but Tunisia is probably the best in the region. In the entire Muslim world, though, it's probably Azerbaijan. And Moroccan culture is very different from Syrian culture, which is very different from Iranian culture, etc.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 May '09 05:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Pepperland
    Moves
    14 May '09 15:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    says the guy who lives in a sewer...
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    14 May '09 20:25
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    says the guy who lives in a sewer...
    He's OK. He's just really really really atheist.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 May '09 03:04
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Islam is certainly great, as well as interesting, and true.
    False. Islam is vile, pathetically troglodytic and epistemically unjustifiable.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '09 15:10
    He's OK. He's just really really really atheist.
    What about Doc Sribbes or are you just a Shav fan?
  11. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 May '09 00:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    whodey, I hope that answered your question directly above.
  12. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 May '09 22:05
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I see not one word I can dispute for truth. Any muslem here that can prove the opposite?
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    17 May '09 01:10
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I see not one word I can dispute for truth. Any muslem here that can prove the opposite?
    I can call every one of them a lie.

That one post just vilified 1/5 of the world's population. It was destructively ignorant, pathetically American-Christian-intolerant, and just plain wrong. I am willing to bet that he never read the Holy Qur'an in his life. All he knows about it is what the great Holy most beautiful hopelessly optimist Martin Luther King, Jr said about Islam. If he even did at all; I don't know. But he'd better not be getting his "facts" from Bridget Gabriel.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '09 04:34
    whodey, I hope that answered your question directly above.
    Not really because you got insulted by both parties, however, you seem to have taken to the one rather than the other.
  15. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 May '09 09:452 edits
    I can call every one of them a lie.

That one post just vilified 1/5 of the world's population. It was destructively ignorant, pathetically American-Christian-intolerant, and just plain wrong. I am willing to bet that he never read the Holy Qur'an in his life. All he knows about it is what the great Holy most beautiful hopelessly optimist Martin Luther King, Jr said about Islam. If he even did at all; I don't know. But he'd better not be getting his "facts" from Bridget Gabriel.

You call as loud as you want. Prove it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree