1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Although old Rome was built on seven hills, today it also includes a couple more
    hills and it incompasses Vatican city which is on Vatican Hill. So if it refers to
    Rome it is not a very accurate prophocy and also Rome is not known for its oil.
    Some translations say "mountains" instead of "hills" which fits Mecca since the 7
    hills of Mecca are each called "Jabal" which I am told means "mountain".
    Mecca is not built on seven hills.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:15
    What city other than Mecca do the kings of the
    earth face and then bow down before each day?
    What are you blithering on about?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    1.the Seven hills of Istanbul
    2.the Seven hills of Rome
    3.the Seven hills of Moscow
    4.the Seven hills of San Francisco
    5.the Seven hills of Seattle
    6.the Seven hills of Iaşi
    7.the seven hills of Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
    8.the seven hills of Tirumala - Tirupati, India
    9.the seven hills of Western Sydney, Australia
    10.the seven ...[text shortened]... mman, Jordan
    17.the seven hills of Bergen, Norway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_hills
    its brilliant! poor RJ Heidelberg, his post is an old Zepplin about to spontaneously self
    combust and end up on the forum floor smoking, its skeletal raimains glowing and
    charred
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its brilliant! poor RJ Heidelberg, his post is an old Zepplin about to spontaneously self
    combust and end up on the forum floor smoking, its skeletal raimains glowing and
    charred
    The city of Rome is a mecca for tourists from around the world. Tourists are treated like royalty - like kings - who worship the city's fine cuisine and famous sites.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:31
    Presumably RJHinds is now scouring the net for the hateblog content he needs to proceed.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:33
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I despair that a thread of this title is considered acceptable in a forum for decent people. Even Jaywill, dancing carefully around the terms and seeking something bordering on a decent attitude, is unwilling to challenge the persistent identification of a religion shared by not millions, but billions, of our brothers and sisters on this tiny, violent plan ...[text shortened]... e approved - but would he have started a thread with a title like this one? Hopefully not.
    excellent post finnegan.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    The city of Rome is a mecca for tourists from around the world. Tourists are treated like royalty - like kings - who worship the city's fine cuisine and famous sites.
    Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. (Revelation 17:9 NASB) The translation could have
    replaced "on" with "in" or "within". Is there any city other than Mecca that
    sits within 7 hills that are called "mountains" and has Kings bowing down before
    it because they are ruled by the teachings of Islam coming out of it? No. You
    can not name another city that meets all the requirements for the city in the
    book of Revelation.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:35
    Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. (Revelation 17:9 NASB) The translation could have
    replaced "on" with "in" or "within". Is there any city other than Mecca that
    sits within 7 hills that are called "mountains" and has Kings bowing down before
    it because they are ruled by the teachings of Isla ...[text shortened]... me another city that meets all the requirements for the city in the
    book of Revelation.
    You said "on". And anyway, what about Sheffield?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think your analysis of the background is interesting and generally accurate (from a Christian viewpoint); however how would you recommend Christians interact with committed Muslims today, especially in the frame of the extremist fundamentalist violence demonstrated by the few?

When the Lord Jesus told His disciples to be innocent as d ...[text shortened]... Moslem countries with the Gospel. And we could learn something from him in this regard.
    i found your explanation of what an anti-christ is very interesting. im bit disturbed by your response to how christians should interact with muslims. you always seem like one of the more tolerant and level headed christians on here, i wasnt expecting such a cold answer and maybe im reading too much into your choice of words but it felt like you were suggesting you would only interact with muslims to avoid wars not because they are on the whole very nice people.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:451 edit
    And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of
    the earth.” (Revelation 17:18) What city other than Mecca do the kings of the
    earth face and then bow down before each day?
    Sheffield is "on".. "with".. "in" .. "within".. "near" .. "upon".. seven hills, use the preposition of your choice; there's a neighbouring Yorkshire soccer team knows as 'The Kings'; And, if I am not mistaken, Sheffield has got a nightclub called "Babylon".

edit: there's one called "The Mecca" too.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said "on". And anyway, what about Sheffield?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/mecca-for-the-rich-islams-holiest-site-turning-into-vegas-2360114.html
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:471 edit
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/mecca-for-the-rich-islams-holiest-site-turning-into-vegas-2360114.html
    Sheffield is not mentioned in this article.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 09:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sheffield is not mentioned in this article.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeddah
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 10:001 edit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeddah
    Still no mention of Sheffield. Or robbie's punt on Norway, for that matter. Jeddah doesn't have a nightclub called "Babylon". And then there's jaywill's long thoughtful offering that you're still trying to avoid too.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 10:011 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't know what "dancing" around you are refering to. I was ASKED why I refered to Muhammed as an antichrist. Did you find my lengthy reply political ? Did you find it flattering to Islam ? I didn't.

Do I really need to talk about jihad in every reference concerning Islam ? My burden here is to explain why Islam is not a good candidate for interpreting Babylon the Great in Revelation.

I'm focused on this issue.
    The public dissemination of fundamentalist Christian insults against Islam is inherently political and very much a concern of others. It promotes and incites to hatred. As such it is to be deplored.

Dressing it up in biblical terms is not a persuasive disguise. Ulster Protestants today describe the Pope as The Whore of Babylon and that is rarely in the context of an interesting Biblical exegesis. The phrase rings through the religious wars within Western Christianity since the Reformation.

By "dancing around" I referred to your perfectly consistent and long standing practice in supplying a very detailed interpretation of the Bible as you understand it. I personally find that utterly bizarre but still informative, no more odd than the time I have lost interpeting Finnegans Wake or, more recently, the Semi-Slav Defence, and you have more success in your project than I have had with mine. On the other hand, I don't rely on the Semi Slav Defence to live (fortunately).

I credited you with "seeking something bordering on a decent attitude" but complained that even you are unwilling to challenge the repeated labeling of Islam as inherently violent. I do not require your rehearsal of the concept of jihad, since I do not challenge the violence present in Islam.

I pointed out instead that violence is no less a feature of the other monotheist religions and advocated something similar to what Jesus said when he did not in fact reject in principle the stoning to death of a woman caught in adultery, but suggested that the first stone be thrown by one who is without sin. To be consistent, maybe he should have demanded the right to throw that stone, since he did not come to set aside the laws.

If it is not your intention to endorse the incitement to hatred which is more evident in other posts, then it would be appropriate sometimes to say so. Otherwise, while your own exegesis may be accurate within its terms, it is hardly complete. As you have said yourself, one cannot selectively pick and choose - the Bible must be taken as a whole and there are important refinements in the New Testament which are lost on too many Christians in practice. Revelations is hardly a useful grounding for a good life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree