It desires to have you

It desires to have you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
He is the same God in the OT as the NT, and He does not change. The difference between the two are the covenants or lack there of. His putting up with our sinful nature revolves around the covenants.
Let's be honest, the OT is like having an embarrassing older brother that you try and hide in the cupboard when your cool friends come over.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I think not.

You'd actually be better off distancing yourself from the jealous and petty OT God and focusing on the completely different God found in the NT.
I thought you studied scripture? Same God!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Scroll up sir to the 5 examples I gave Fetchmyjunk. Does that correlate with the God of the NT?
I responded to that already. Is that all you have?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Let's be honest, the OT is like having an embarrassing older brother that you try and hide in the cupboard when your cool friends come over.
Your lack of understanding is showing again.

c

Moves
05 May 17

Is the God of the OT active at all in the NT, other than as a reference of Father? I don't think so.

Unless you believe that Jesus is that very same God?

If so, they could not be more different.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Is the God of the OT active at all in the NT, other than as a reference of Father? I don't think so.

Unless you believe that Jesus is that very same God?

If so, they could not be more different.
Really why? Hasn't God been working to save mankind throughout time? Seeing God in terms we can grasp (Jesus) just lets us know who we been dealing with. Jesus showed up into human life was due to the work God did in the OT.

c

Moves
05 May 17

Really why? Hasn't God been working to save mankind throughout time? Seeing God in terms we can grasp (Jesus) just lets us know who we been dealing with. Jesus showed up into human life was due to the work God did in the OT.
Other than flipping a few tables, Jesus did nothing like what God did as listed by Ghost on page 9.

If you believe that Jesus is God, then clearly God received a major character change in the NT.

For those that do not believe that Jesus is God, then it's worth mentioning again that God is absent in the NT.

Moves
05 May 17

I responded to that already. Is that all you have?
The link at the bottom gives you another 15 examples.

Moves
05 May 17

I did, hence me telling you the God of the OT bears no relation to the God in the NT.

Sorry to break it to you. (Though surprised you hadn't noticed).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

The link at the bottom gives you another 15 examples.
Are they more of the same?

Moves
05 May 17

Are they more of the same?
More examples of a God a million miles away from the God of the NT? Yes.

F

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
What I meant to say is I believe is not humanly possible to consistently obey your conscience day in day out without fail.
And what is it you think this means or proves? It's a stretch, to put it mildly, to get from someone not meeting even his own standards from time to time, to this constituting disobeying the will of a supernatural being.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Other than flipping a few tables, Jesus did nothing like what God did as listed by Ghost on page 9.

If you believe that Jesus is God, then clearly God received a major character change in the NT.

For those that do not believe that Jesus is God, then it's worth mentioning again that God is absent in the NT.
You should study the whole NT.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

More examples of a God a million miles away from the God of the NT? Yes.
For someone who claims to know about God and religion you are as blind as those who saw Jesus do miracles and missed who He was and is.

F

Moves
05 May 17

For someone who claims to know about God and religion you are as blind as those who saw Jesus do miracles and missed who He was and is.
Do you think a line like this is much of a debating point?