It is easier for a camel...

It is easier for a camel...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
If anyone has given their lives over the Lord and they are striving to serve Him with all of
their heart. One of the things that happens is that the Lord helps us put all things into a
proper perspective. As we stop serving sin to serve the Lord, that would include being
greedy for dishonest gain, but greed does not have to about dishonest gain either. ...[text shortened]... deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.
Do you think you a lending “greed” more coverage as an adjective to describe the desire to better ourselves than it deserves?

Is it “greed” when someone buys a bigger or nice home in a pleasant location even if they don’t need it? Is it “greed” when a student sacrifices years of free time to qualify as a well paid lawyer, accountant, pilot or doctor? Similarly, you seem to conflate greed with “dishonest gain” which is theft, not necessarily “greed”.

Moves
18 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Is fhis statement political?
I have sometimes reflected on this scripture and how Jesus said it. It seems unfair to ask this guy to give everything he had away when God doesn’t ask every Christian to do this.

The guy was a “rich” “young” “ruler”. He had the three things in life that many people would see as desireable; wealth, youth and power.

Usually the discussion is about his wealth only, but a big point is being missed I feel; Jesus didn’t ask him to just give up his wealth he asked for him to to follow him, he asked for his youth in terms of his time and he asked for his power in terms of walking away from whatever authority he had.

I’ve said this before; salvation is completely free, but discipleship will cost you everything. The dynamic between those two is where the solution to the faith vs. works inigma lies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you think you a lending “greed” more coverage as an adjective to describe the desire to better ourselves than it deserves?

Is it “greed” when someone buys a bigger or nice home in a pleasant location even if they don’t need it? Is it “greed” when a student sacrifices years of free time to qualify as a well paid lawyer, accountant, pilot or doctor ...[text shortened]... larly, you seem to conflate greed with “dishonest gain” which is theft, not necessarily “greed”.
"...even if they don't need it?"

I don’t care what someone else does with their own money, if they earned it they
can buy whatever they want. Who am I to tell someone else what they can and cannot
buy, what they "need" or not? I said that greed doesn't have to be linked to dishonest
gain, the thing I'd worry about is what that rich young ruler had to deal with when what
he had became an idol, then an issue has occurred.

The thing is for a Christian we know that God provides, if you are working honestly and
playing by the rules being blessed by wealth isn't a sin. It can be a distraction, it can be
chain about one's neck if what one acquires becomes an idol, but you don't have to be
rich for that to occur either. You can be dirt poor and have or want things to the point
that can turn them into idols too. It isn't the amount or possessions as it is the effect on
the heart. We can be greedy and poor, selfless and rich by human standards. Idolatry and
greed are dangerous things they bind us to this life pleasures in an unhealthy way that
could ruin one’s soul.

Jesus warned about it in the sower parable, the deceitfulness of riches choke the word
out of us. We can be destroyed by both greed when poor, or greed when rich, the love of
the things of this life over God pollutes us.

Matthew 13: 22
As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 18
1 edit

I have sometimes reflected on this scripture and how Jesus said it. It seems unfair to ask this guy to give everything he had away when God doesn’t ask every Christian to do this.

The guy was a “rich” “young” “ruler”. He had the three things in life that many people would see as desireable; wealth, youth and power.

Usually the discussion is abo ...[text shortened]... rything. The dynamic between those two is where the solution to the faith vs. works inigma lies.
Jesus had a knack for touching people right where they lived. Being authentic before God
would be walking in truth. Those in the early church gave everything and laid it at the
apostle's feet, nothing they possessed meant more to them then the Lord, and providing
for those around them. If we love this life more than God, if we love the things of this life
more than God, if we put anything before God Jesus said we were not worthy of Him, and
that goes to everything and everyone.

Being Christian by turning over all to the Lord means we don't hang on to anything over
God, we don't keep some little corner of our lives free from God's Lordship. This may
seem like a hard thing, but truthfully it is the healthiest. This keeps us from idols it keeps
us from damaging others by unhealthy actions. So God does ask this of everyone one of
us, you cannot call Him Lord if He isn't Lord.

Moves
18 Sep 18
1 edit

Being Christian by turning over all to the Lord means we don't hang on to anything over God, we don't keep some little corner of our lives free from God's Lordship.
Have you “turned everything over to the Lord”?

What did this entail?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 18
2 edits

What did this entail?
It isn't a do it once, then it is done forever type of thing. God gives us our daily bread,
His mercies never fail, so each day presents its own issues. Picking up our cross is a
daily thing and walking out one's faith is too. Our sanctification is the daily picking up of
our cross and giving our lives to the Lord. Those that think they are saved because they
said a prayer one time years ago, really haven't turned their lives over to the Lord if they
are not walking out their faith each day.

How I walk out my days maybe different for others, for me I start every day in prayer and
Bible study, think of it like starting off each day going to get the daily mana in the OT. It
has to be done each day because yesterdays would go bad you cannot live on it with the
exception of the Sabbath day. Giving my day to the Lord and seeking Him for me means
that I cannot grumble or murmur like the Jews did in the desert against God when
things are not falling out to my liking. If my days are God's than He has them, and I will
be thankful for whatever comes. For me not murmuring and trusting God with the future
are struggles for me, but each day He is faithful.

You know a little of my history, my family has gone through some ruff things, but God has
shown Himself faithful. If we can trust Him with our lives and the lives of those we love He
has us covered. Regardless of what this world does, the peace of this world depends on
the events that go our way or not. The peace that God gives, doesn't depend on what
happens in this life, it is real no matter what.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

Matthew 10:38
And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Luke 11:2-4 English Standard Version (ESV)
And he said to them, “When you pray, say:
“Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread, and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 18
2 edits

It isn't a do it once, then it is done forever type of thing. God gives us our daily bread,
His mercies never fail, so each day presents its own issues. Picking up our cross is a
daily thing and walking out one's faith is too. Our sanctification is the daily picking up of
our cross and giving our lives to the Lord. Those that think they are saved becaus ...[text shortened]... s the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Just as I suspected .. you understand very little [most likely nothing], of the teachings of Christ. Nothing in your personal life and personal belief matches the teachings of Christ. Your life is governed by the church teachings.

Dive asked what does it entail [for you] to give your life over the the Lord, and your answer has almost no basis in what Jesus preached.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Just as I suspected .. you understand very little [most likely nothing], of the teachings of Christ. Nothing in your personal life and personal belief matches the teachings of Christ. Your life is governed by the church teachings.

Dive asked what does it entail [for you] to give your life over the the Lord, and your answer has almost no basis in what Jesus preached.
My life doesn’t reflect your beliefs which I am okay with.

S. Korea

Moves
18 Sep 18

Wow, great work Kelly. One hundred percent holding down the fort. All hits, no misses, and better than I would've done.

Your work here is appreciated.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Is fhis statement political?
If you want to know what it means you're going to have to get born again and have the Holy Spirit teach you.

Otherwise it would be easier for a camel to go up your nose than for you to know what it means. 😆

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Sep 18

What did this entail?
If you have to ask that question of kelly then you're a bigger phony than I thought.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 18

My life doesn’t reflect your beliefs which I am okay with.
Actually your life [as you described it] does not reflect the doctrine of Christ.
And you are ok with that .. I got it.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Sep 18

Usually the discussion is abo ...[text shortened]... rything. The dynamic between those two is where the solution to the faith vs. works inigma lies.
"It seems unfair to ask this guy to give everything he had away when God doesn’t ask every Christian to do this."

Making that statement proves you're a phony and really don't know the content of scripture nor what any of it means.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @secondson
If you have to ask that question of kelly then you're a bigger phony than I thought.
Actually it is a valid question because church doctrine and true Christian doctrine are worlds apart. KellyJ demonstrated that. The life in Christ, or giving your life to Christ, or abiding in Christ has NOTHING, NOTHING WHATSOEVER, to do with what KJ described. KJ is a product of the church, and so are you and many on this forum. KJ is not a product of Christ.

Here is what a disciple of Christ, or abiding in Christ is about:

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:4-10 KJV)\\

Anyone who does not follow the commandments of Christ is not abiding in Christ.

KJ and others like him do not profess to believe in the following of the commandments of Christ. They instead read the bible, they pray, over and over and over. There is no virtue in a life of pretentious spirituality.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Sep 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Actually your life [as you described it] does not reflect the doctrine of Christ.
And you are ok with that .. I got it.
Can you imagine how it will be when YOU are judged according how you judged others?

Matthew 7:1,2
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

You don't even know who Christ is, hypocrite.