After all, you are the gatekeeper.
    I enjoy seeing you make an a$$ of yourself.. thanks for making my day 😀
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:37
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is a decrease in putting too much value on riches not something we can arrive at, or work for? Is putting too much value on riches unforgivable?
    I will answer when I have time. I think its a great question.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 15:05
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I enjoy seeing you make an a$$ of yourself.. thanks for making my day 😀
    I'm not the one that sits around condemning others to hell while I pat myself on the back as being God's only chosen.

Got it?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 15:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'm not the one that sits around condemning others to hell while I pat myself on the back as being God's only chosen.

Got it?
    I don’t believe he thinks of himself as choosen as much as walking righteously in a manner acceptable to God.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 15:41

Got it?
    The fact that you can say such nonsense is a clear indication that you are a small minded Christian who has been brainwashed by the false doctrines of OSAS churches.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 19:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I don’t believe he thinks of himself as choosen as much as walking righteously in a manner acceptable to God.
    He is nothing more than a self righteous judge of everyone.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 19:24
    That’s how you describe someone who thinks that they are good enough on their own, self righteous.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 19:36
    Pointing out your poor interpretation of the Gospel of Christ does not make me self righteous.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Pointing out your poor interpretation of the Gospel of Christ does not make me self righteous.
    Well since you don't think I know anything and assume that you are justified before Christ and not me, what do you care what I think?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 23:26
    Well since you don't think I know anything and assume that you are justified before Christ and not me, what do you care what I think?
    I dont really... you are just another church Christian obsessed with the things of the world.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 23:31
    Does this supersede the 'saved by faith alone' doctrine that most of the Christians here talk about?
    We are saved by faith alone, as our faith in God brings forth His Grace, and it is by the Grace of God alone that we can enter the Kingdom of God.

And the letter from James talks about faith without works being dead, which is a separate commentary about the relationship of faith & works; faith is still the only thing which brings salvation, and it is the basis of us receiving grace.

Works are also not of us; if there is anything good in us, that is to say, truly & transparently good and not motivated merely by conspicuous altruism & gaining of esteem & credibility, it comes from the grace of God. Our truly good works are thus also from God and related to our faith.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 23:44
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    We are saved by faith alone, as our faith in God brings forth His Grace, and it is by the Grace of God alone that we can enter the Kingdom of God.

And the letter from James talks about faith without works being dead, which is a separate commentary about the relationship of faith & works; faith is still the only thing which brings salvation, and it is ...[text shortened]... mes from the grace of God. Our truly good works are thus also from God and related to our faith.
    Salvation comes via 3 different modes.1.The way of Devotion 2. The way of knowledge 3. The way of good works. We need to know all three however some will be more disposed to one than the other. . . .There are things we must have faith in but theLord is not one of them. No man needs to have faith in something he already knows.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 00:17
    Does the "sin" of greed cancel out the "saved by faith alone" thing? Do you believe the "sin"of greed is not something that is "forgiven" by Jesus' death?
    If anyone has given their lives over the Lord and they are striving to serve Him with all of
    their heart. One of the things that happens is that the Lord helps us put all things into a
    proper perspective. As we stop serving sin to serve the Lord, that would include being
    greedy for dishonest gain, but greed does not have to about dishonest gain either. It isn't
    limited to the wealthy or the poor, it hits all who would build all their treasures in this world
    and not the one to come. There is nothing wrong with having wealth as long as it doesn't
    own your heart like the rich young ruler wealth owned his heart.

Being content with what you have, is huge, praising God where you are at is huge. Being
    greedy is feeling unsatisfied with what God has granted us, it isn't healthy, but it can be
    forgiven as we repent, it is no different than any other sin.

1 Timothy 6:5-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
    5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and[a] we cannot take anything out of the world.

Proverbs 30:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 00:18
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Salvation comes via 3 different modes.1.The way of Devotion 2. The way of knowledge 3. The way of good works. We need to know all three however some will be more disposed to one than the other. . . .There are things we must have faith in but theLord is not one of them. No man needs to have faith in something he already knows.
    Actually it is through God's grace through faith.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 03:41
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I will answer when I have time. I think its a great question.
    How’s it going with finding the time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree