1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 09:07
    Originally posted by lausey
    Oh yes, that settles it then. You have convinced me. I am now going to give up drinking and become veggie. 🙂
    you can still drink and be a veggie me thinks 🙂
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 09:33
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You fail to understand that as far as God and creation is concerned, there is only one authority and that is Vedanta.

When science picks apart the material energy and to see how it ticks.....this will never inform them to the how and why.
    '
    There is no other source of knowledge to give the how and why.

Science gives us one bluff after another, so I wont be going to cheating science for anything.
    Sorry, but that's nothing but a lot of bluster.

I can explain the diversification of life on this planet by the process of evolution. How do you explain the diversification of life on this planet? How did God do it?

Don't skimp on the details.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 09:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oooooh that hurt 😉 did i not mention the God of unintelligent agency and how he did it? I am sure its in there somewhere.
    You've made your bed, now you've got to lie in it.

You'll forever be known now as the man who's too afraid to read a book.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:032 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You've made your bed, now you've got to lie in it.

You'll forever be known now as the man who's too afraid to read a book.
    I dont think so, considering I am reading no less than four at the moment, in fact, if there is anything apparent about my home, its a love of books, for i have no less than four book cases and a loft stuffed with them, that i chose not to read a particular book, does not negate this, for i dont really think i would read 'How to herd Yakks in outer Mongolia', either. 🙂
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:11
    I dont think so, considering I am reading no less than four at the moment, in fact, if there is anything apparent about my home, its a love of books, for i have no less than four book cases and a loft stuffed with them, that i chose not to read a particular book, does not negate this, for i dont really think i would read 'How to herd Yakks in outer Mongolia', either. 🙂
    Rob, my 'waffle-meter' has gone off the chart after reading that.

You're too afraid to read a book i'm willing to post to you, with the postage to send back to me, and no amount of waffle on your part is going to change that.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:19
    Rob, my 'waffle-meter' has gone off the chart after reading that.

You're too afraid to read a book i'm willing to post to you, with the postage to send back to me, and no amount of waffle on your part is going to change that.
    Its twoo dear Noobster, as look around i see, Thucydides - the Pelopnnesion war, Seurat by John Russell, Java :First contact by Roger Garside, place is full of books, some of which I have even read, believe it or not. I am quite selective in my reading and as I have explained i am reading ol Darwins book, although i must admit its rather tedious. You my friend can protest till your hearts content, i will not be moved 🙂 BTW you were lucky at Twickenham, we didn't maul you! 😛
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:29
    Its twoo dear Noobster, as look around i see, Thucydides - the Pelopnnesion war, Seurat by John Russell, Java :First contact by Roger Garside, place is full of books, some of which I have even read, believe it or not. I am quite selective in my reading and as I have explained i am reading ol Darwins book, although i must admit its rather tedious. ...[text shortened]... earts content, i will not be moved 🙂 BTW you were lucky at Twickenham, we didn't maul you! 😛
    I'm not protesting anything.

You are the man who is too scared to read a book.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:32
    I'm not protesting anything.

You are the man who is too scared to read a book.
    ok, whatever, if it appears to you as such, then so be it!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:38
    ok, whatever, if it appears to you as such, then so be it!
    Come on, robbie, your stated reason for not reading that book was a Forum classic moment. We all get zinged by our own petard from time to time. Put your vanity on hold for just a moment, suck it up, and concede that in the Heat of Typing you made a wee bit of a twit of yourself over not wanting to weaken your convictions by reading something you disagree with.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 10:522 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Come on, robbie, your stated reason for not reading that book was a Forum classic moment. We all get zinged by our own petard from time to time. Put your vanity on hold for just a moment, suck it up, and concede that in the Heat of Typing you made a wee bit of a twit of yourself over not wanting to weaken your convictions by reading something you disagree with.
    c'mon eff em eff, i did not make a twit of anything, i am reading Darwins own book, not an interpretation, so that i can evaluate it with my own mind. That i will not be induced by these tabloid style claims to be coerced through peer pressure or whatever other dastardly means you may wish to employ speaks volumes about my integrity. If you have formed the opinion that i am 'scared', to read the text because it will, 'weaken my faith', when in fact all i have done is to employ discernment, then in your own immortal words, 'I can live with that'.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 11:171 edit
    c'mon eff em eff, i did not make a twit of anything, i am reading Darwins own book, not an interpretation, so that i can evaluate it with my own mind. That i will not be induced by these tabloid style claims to be coerced through peer pressure or whatever other dastardly means you may wish to employ speaks volumes about my integrity. If you have fo e done is to employ discernment, then in your own immortal words, 'I can live with that'.
    I am seriously amazed at what goes in in your brain sometimes, or what doesn't go on to be precise. Let me repeat back to you, your own words none the less, from page 11 of the thread Journey inside the cell when greenpawn asked you why you wouldn't read the book, my emphasis added -

Its not that i dont appreciate Noobsters offer, and perhaps you are correct, i would read it and think, man this is more bollocks that i had previously suspected, but then again, it may sew seeds of doubt and diminish my conviction,.....

I, and other posters, remember what you write in this forum. It seems you don't.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 11:38
    I am seriously amazed at what goes in in your brain sometimes, or what doesn't go on to be precise. Let me repeat back to you, your own words none the less, from page 11 of the thread Journey inside the cell when greenpawn asked you why you wouldn't read the book, my emphasis added -

Its not that i dont appreciate Noobsters offer, and p ...[text shortened]... .

I, and other posters, remember what you write in this forum. It seems you don't.
    i remember it well, as I have stated, it was simply a matter of discernment, for as you failed to provide even a semblance of evidence to the contrary, i.e. that it would invigorate, instill confidence in, up-build my faith I desisted, then what ensued was a persistent and sustained attempt to coerce me to read the volume, with sincere offers i hasten to add, when i stood my ground, out came the accusations of fear and narrow mindedness, when i pointed out that i was in the process of reading Darwins own book as a compromise, it was to no avail, the hounds were insatiable and here we are 🙂
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 11:50
    c'mon eff em eff, i did not make a twit of anything, i am reading Darwins own book, not an interpretation, so that i can evaluate it with my own mind. That i will not be induced by these tabloid style claims to be coerced through peer pressure or whatever other dastardly means you may wish to employ speaks volumes about my integrity. If you have fo ...[text shortened]... e done is to employ discernment, then in your own immortal words, 'I can live with that'.
    Whatever. You like to nail your only pair of y-fronts to the mast and then dangle from them. Often. It's OK. This is a playground after all. 😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 11:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whatever. You like to nail your only pair of y-fronts to the mast and then dangle from them. Often. It's OK. This is a playground after all. 😀
    Lol, a self induced wedgie! i am of the same opinion as Steintz (second world chess champion, first official)) one can defend almost any position, even if its a little cramped.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 12:05
    Lol, a self induced wedgie!
    No. You misread my imagery. You have removed your y-fronts and cling to them with your brass balls showing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree