1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 00:12
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well you see, there are different types of magic
    1) [b]Heat magic
    that makes things go from hot to cold: I have already given evidence of this in the OP
    2) Cold magic that makes things go from cold to hot: If you've ever looked at the sun (with sunglasses (which rely on darkness magic)) then you'll see it looks very small, and yet if you stand so ...[text shortened]... s of magic that I'm currently investigating - I haven't discovered chess magic yet though.[/b]
    Jesus magic.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 09:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    First of all we are not door knockers, we are trying to find people that are interested in learning about scripture, the door and/or knocker are purely coincidental, we are interested in people. Secondly in this context the use of the term 'whatever', is more of an expression of exhaustion, one in which all avenues have been exhausted and resignation ...[text shortened]... to listen to their opinions. If you want a sermon with no personal interaction go to church.
    JUst that last bit -"If you want a sermon with no personal interaction go to church."

"Personal interaction" should be possible in church or at a one on one at home. Sadly, I dont feel that with either option.
    At the church the priests mind is made up, at home the Witness' mind is made up.
    It's not personal interaction, its a facsard. No one is being honest.
    Honesty takes guts and sometimes going where it is uncomfortable to go.

JW's like to repeat the same mantra and have nothing personal to talk about. (Or so my experiences leads me to believe)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 10:473 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    JUst that last bit -"If you want a sermon with no personal interaction go to church."

"Personal interaction" should be possible in church or at a one on one at home. Sadly, I dont feel that with either option.
    At the church the priests mind is made up, at home the Witness' mind is made up.
    It's not personal interaction, its a facsard. No one is bei antra and have nothing personal to talk about. (Or so my experiences leads me to believe)
    Fact: Jehovah witnesses have helped millions of people overcome all manner of adverse circumstances from drug addiction to prostitution through to nationalsim and ethnic strife, all else is pure bumf! How was this achievable in the face of great adversity? through personal interaction. You can talk all you like about honesty, about personal freedom, about personal development, self fulfilment etc etc Christianity is superior in all respects, for it is not concerned merely with self, but in helping other people, perhaps this fact has escaped your notice in your remonstration? We are prepared to walk the walk for we are embroiled in humanity not aloof from it.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 19:33
    Fact: Jehovah witnesses have helped millions of people overcome all manner of adverse circumstances from drug addiction to prostitution through to nationalsim and ethnic strife, all else is pure bumf! How was this achievable in the face of great adversity? through personal interaction. You can talk all you like about honesty, about personal freed ...[text shortened]... nstration? We are prepared to walk the walk for we are embroiled in humanity not aloof from it.
    Actually the fact that you frequent this forum is proof that at least one JW has time for other's views.
    Thanks Robbie, and while it's doing good , I guess it's a good thing.

Whether to focus on ones own enlightenment or to follow the way of the bhoddisattva (and help others) is still a point of contention within my own heart.
    Or another way to say it would be that to help another with their own enlightenment IS helping one with their own path.
    Sometimes we have help arrive through doors we don't remember leaving open 🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 23:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Actually the fact that you frequent this forum is proof that at least one JW has time for other's views.
    Thanks Robbie, and while it's doing good , I guess it's a good thing.

Whether to focus on ones own enlightenment or to follow the way of the bhoddisattva (and help others) is still a point of contention within my own heart.
    Or another way to sa ...[text shortened]... eir own path.
    Sometimes we have help arrive through doors we don't remember leaving open 🙂
    yes it is, for as soon as one engages in an act of self sacrifice, say through an act of kindness or mercy, it not only benefits the other person, but us as well, for we are displaying spiritual qualities, that is why Christ himself states, 'there is more happiness in giving than in receiving', for both benefit. This is the real essence of Christianity, its very nature if you like, for ones spirituality must seek expression through acts of self sacrifice, otherwise its dead! I was not aware that this concept is termed bhoddisattva and is practised elsewhere. Perhaps you can expand upon it?
  6. In your face
    Moves
    18 Mar '11 23:45
    'there is more happiness in giving than in receiving'
    I'm pretty sure that this is referring to anal sex activities. 😛
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    its with good reason that Suzanne terms you Rampant Rodney's, Neanderthals!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 01:432 edits
    yes it is, for as soon as one engages in an act of self sacrifice, say through an act of kindness or mercy, it not only benefits the other person, but us as well, for we are displaying spiritual qualities, that is why Christ himself states, 'there is more happiness in giving than in receiving', for both benefit. This is the real essence of Christian ...[text shortened]... is concept is termed bhoddisattva and is practised elsewhere. Perhaps you can expand upon it?
    My understanding of the term "bhoddisatva" comes directly from Bhuddism.
    My interpretation, as I have read from many bhuddist scources, says simply what I have just said,ie. that one "puts off their own enlightenment" to help others realize the truth (of bhuddism).

While the term does come from bhuddism, the meaning can be understood via other belief systems ,(as you have just demonstrated).

So in practice I guess ,(simplisticly put), a monk may go to a cave or other secluded spot and do what I call "hardcore penance", or what they usually call "meditation" and try to "reach" "enlightenment"...
    OR the monk may go about town and spread the good word ,(much like a JW), and engage in the life of a bhoddisatva.

As I said, this is my interpretation of what I have read about. If anyone disagrees with my meaning or wants to add to it, I am all ears.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Mar '11 01:51
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    May I remind the dear reader that recieving is just as important as giving, for it shows humility and overriding of ones ego, which is an important pratice in any religon or just as a humanitarian gesture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree