1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 02:37
    Originally posted by lausey
    Can you explain how and why the Vedanta is the only one authority?
    Vedanta validates itself, and not because it says "it is the authority".....but because it does what it sets out to do, and that is to raise the consciousness of the person to the transcendental spiritual platform of love of God.

If it cannot establish love of God in the heart of the people, then it is worthless.

Love of God cannot be established in the heart of anyone against their will, ..........they must accept at least that God is a reality, but failing that, at least that there is a higher power at the foundation of everything.

To begin to live and follow the spiritual process the person must have the correct attitude to begin with, they must be thoroughly honest, they must be desiring to know God above anything else, they are to be ready and willing to do anything that is required to establish their spirituality within reason.

If one were to seriously just investigate the source of Vedanta only, its origins its background......then that alone will establish the unique position that Vedanta holds in regards to all the other teachings of the world.

Vedanta comes to us in the perfect spiritual language of Sanskrit which is an eternal language and is the first spoken language in the world.

Vedanta is an eternal teaching coming from the Personality of Godhead.

Vedanta has enough writings to completely fill a library.

Vedanta is accepted by scholars, saints, seers of the truth, and all liberated devotees.

There is really nothing I could say to convince anyone of the authority of Vedanta.......but for the sincere student who is thoroughly truthful and who sincerely investigates Vedanta, they will very quickly come to realize the supremacy and authenticy of Vedanta.

What I have presented so far in this forum of Vedanta is practically nothing....and I have purposely only talked about a few basics, for to present the deeper concepts and intimate details of the devotional principle in this forum would be a great error on my part, for many would blaspheme and this would be considered offensive.

I have mentioned some basics about animal protection.....and persons even become offensive over this simple idea.........so what to speak of more astounding and deeper knowledge.

One important thing to remember is that .........if you go online for your information, there are many unauthorized web-site presenting incorrect information, and you can be quickly become misdirected by the wrong conclusions that they present..
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 02:47
    Originally posted by Dasa
    VThere is really nothing I could say to convince anyone of the authority of Vedanta.......but for the sincere student who is thoroughly truthful and who sincerely investigates Vedanta, they will very quickly come to realize the supremacy and authenticy of Vedanta.
    I have truthfully and sincerely investigated Vedanta and I do not recognize its "supremacy" and "authenticity". I do however believe that the writings are an authentic cultural artifact and I also believe that you are completely sincere when you say you are convinced of the "authority" of Vedanta.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 03:52
    Originally posted by Doward
    ever fart and have to change your pants?
    I believe that's called a "shart" 🙂

There are no accidents.

And yes, it has happened to me, bad for my ego, but it's not really going to affect the state of the third world,(for example). Not that you were claiming that.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 03:56
    Science can pull things apart, and then report what is observed and write that down in their journal.....and then wait to see if their peers give them a trophy or something for being so clever.

But science can never never never know why things are happening.

Why do we have gravity, which without we dont survive.

Why do we have a sun, which without we d ...[text shortened]... ing as they do......because remember science tells us their is NO intelligence behind any of it.
    "I could make a list of one thousand points of interest, and science would have no clue to why these things are even existing as they do......because remember science tells us their is NO intelligence behind any of it."

Try starting with a list of 3.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 03:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Heat magic and Float Magic is called Phlogiston. Phlogiston is elemental fire. It has negative mass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlogiston
    The Unification Theory that the Magical world has been waiting for.

Next Light Magic and Dark Magic .... different manifestations of Grey Magic (just a theory - I have no proof ... but I do have faith in the idea)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 04:03
    Originally posted by Doward
    is there a specific type of magic that will improve my chess ? I would like to change into Lopez
    "Magic happens", or so the most frequent bumper stickers tell me ;D

Actual, real magic takes a lot of energy and time on the part of the adept.
    The only bonafide magic that I LOOSELY subscribe to is the magic that is accisiated with Divinity.
    Like Tarot cards. As far as telling people their fortunes and rubbing their egos is a hit and miss affair, mostly miss. (And a miss is as good as a mile)

Like with all things of this nature, the intentions of the practioner must be examined before the practioner can get consistent positive results.

I do not advocate magic, except for a very few who understand the positive function of "magic". Those that want to control/maniputlate the physical world to display "power" or to impress the girls are way off track. So too with those that seek to make a profit from magic.
    Magic is a by-product of adepts seeking to understand their own divinity.
    If they do understand this, or are at least on the right track, they will realize that magic is not for bolstering their ego, it is there to help the indiviual practioner to understand his/her divinity, and possibly help others with theirs.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 04:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I thought that magic by definition could not be investigated or understood. How come you are able to start categorizing it like this? Next you will start telling us how magic works - an absolute no no.
    Agreed!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 04:16
    You fail to understand that as far as God and creation is concerned, there is only one authority and that is Vedanta.

When science picks apart the material energy and to see how it ticks.....this will never inform them to the how and why.
    '
    There is no other source of knowledge to give the how and why.

Science gives us one bluff after another, so I wont be going to cheating science for anything.
    Oh Dasa, until you understand that Vedanta is not the only authority,you mind remains closed and you have no way of furthuring your spirirtual knowledge

(I would say the same thing to any christian that says the bible is the only authority on spiritual matters. It is just not so!)
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 06:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have truthfully and sincerely investigated Vedanta and I do not recognize its "supremacy" and "authenticity". I do however believe that the writings are an authentic cultural artifact and I also believe that you are completely sincere when you say you are convinced of the "authority" of Vedanta.
    You have not truthfully and sincerely investigated Vedanta.....because to even begin to understand its deeper and transcendental teachings, you must live Vedanta and practice the teachings of purification.

If you have just read some parts of Vedanta, with your conditioned and bewildered mind, then you will get nothing from it.

First un-condition the mind, and then become un bewildered, and then become purified....and then you may begin to understand Vedanta......and without doing that you have no clue what Vedanta is all about.

Proof of what I just said, is that you whimsically kill animals and have no desire to stop which means you have zero spiritual understanding.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 06:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh Dasa, until you understand that Vedanta is not the only authority,you mind remains closed and you have no way of furthuring your spirirtual knowledge

(I would say the same thing to any christian that says the bible is the only authority on spiritual matters. It is just not so!)
    The Bible has 10.000 errors in its pages.....and Vedanta has none, so how is it possible to compare.

What is this other authority you speak of?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 07:093 edits
    The Bible has 10.000 errors in its pages.....and Vedanta has none, so how is it possible to compare.

What is this other authority you speak of?
    Oh I'm sure, as a work of ancient humans, it has plenty of errors. First off, what it supposedly implied was the speed of light is wrong ;]
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 08:04
    You have not truthfully and sincerely investigated Vedanta.
    Yes I have.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 08:07
    Proof of what I just said, is that you whimsically kill animals and have no desire to stop which means you have zero spiritual understanding.
    You can endeavour - or claim - to "prove" whatever you want to yourself. Of what concern is that to anyone but yourself? I eat meat because I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat because, according to my spiritual beliefs, there is no prohibition.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 08:15
    Dont you find it interesting that we have this miracle force that science calls gravity.

Then of course all this dust had to fall into exactly the right place for life to survive at all with the sun being exactly the correct distance from earth.........but wait a minute there was no life, so then life miraculously came out of the dust and this life had mirac ...[text shortened]... the scientists in the world cannot even replicate, for creating a tiny little ant with no legs.
    What do you mean by 'miraculous'? Is this the same thing as Agerg's 'magic'?

I do find gravity interesting, by I do not describe it as 'miraculous' because it isn't as far as I know based on the definition of 'miraculous' that I know.

The only way to prop up atheism is by falsity and absurdity.
    So you keep saying, but you never actually get around to explaining why it is false or absurd because as you have said, you are unable to discuss anything you believe to be false or absurd, or with people wanting to discuss things you believe to be false or absurd. Yet you keep on coming back here and proving yourself wrong.
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 08:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes because all others are false 😕
    Oh yes, that settles it then. You have convinced me. I am now going to give up drinking and become veggie. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree