1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 17:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it as yet remains unanswered.
    It seems that RJH wants to defend his country and no doubt all it stands for. I'm assuming that would mean the right for all it's citizens to have the freedom of religion and to live by it's beliefs? Apparently not as he seems to think we don't have that right.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 17:35
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Roughly 5,000 JW's died in concentration camps in WW2. They refused any manner of military service, and it was their pacifism that got them interned. They were given the option of release if they disavowed their faith and swore to take up weapons and protect the fatherland, but few if any did. Should they have simply served in the German army? Was this pacifism Satanic?
    Good post. So if we did as RJH says to do and if the JW's in Germany had decided to fight for their country, then that would mean they would have fought against the American army and would have possibly killed someone who was related to RJH.
    If he did happen to have a relative in WW2 and did survive it, maybe it's because that JW that could have killed this relative was in the concentration camps being beaten and starved or killed.
    Just food for thought...........
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 17:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe I have missed the thread where our resident JWs have condemned RJHinds as "Satanic". If I'd seen it I would have condemned it, and if I do I will.
    You will have to go back awhile and look at all the post if you are
    really interested in finding it. But I suspect you are not really that
    interested. You would rather just keep condemning a Christian.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 17:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It seems that RJH wants to defend his country and no doubt all it stands for. I'm assuming that would mean the right for all it's citizens to have the freedom of religion and to live by it's beliefs? Apparently not as he seems to think we don't have that right.
    I believe in freedom of religion for all, but that does not mean I give
    up my right to defend the truth and expose false teachings. The main
    point is that you use false teachings to try and condemn those like
    myself who have server honorably in the military. I don't like it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 17:53
    Good post. So if we did as RJH says to do and if the JW's in Germany had decided to fight for their country, then that would mean they would have fought against the American army and would have possibly killed someone who was related to RJH.
    If he did happen to have a relative in WW2 and did survive it, maybe it's because that JW that could have killed ...[text shortened]... the concentration camps being beaten and starved or killed.
    Just food for thought...........
    This is the problem with you guys. You can't seem to be able to see
    the difference in a good government worthy to be defended and an
    evil government.
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 19:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no scriptual bases for them to condemn me for being part of the
    military and the government; yet they have tried to add to and twist scripture
    to do just that. I have pointed this out on another thread. I have been trying
    to defend my faith and belief that it is not a sin to serve in the Military or the
    government and that scripture does not s ...[text shortened]... be willing to serve. This is Satanic and antichrist propaganda
    for Christ meant no such thing.
    true, but remember the words of Christ: do unto others as you would have them do unto you...
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 19:19
    You will have to go back awhile and look at all the post if you are
    really interested in finding it. But I suspect you are not really that
    interested. You would rather just keep condemning a Christian.
    I personally have never called you a satanic person. But I have said some of the things you believe are of a satanic or paganistic origin such as the trinity. There is a big differance my friend.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 19:211 edit
    This is the problem with you guys. You can't seem to be able to see
    the difference in a good government worthy to be defended and an
    evil government.
    So this is a good government?
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 19:25
    I personally have never called you a satanic person. But I have said some of the things you believe are of a satanic or paganistic origin such as the trinity. There is a big differance my friend.
    Maybe it's time all the Christians here back off from saying the beliefs of others are Satanic? I have yet to see this allegation contribute to meaningful discussion or debate.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 20:03
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Maybe it's time all the Christians here back off from saying the beliefs of others are Satanic? I have yet to see this allegation contribute to meaningful discussion or debate.
    Well if it weren't true but I agree that the attacking is way out of hand.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 21:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, digs are in the eye of the dug. You're wasting your time and that's not 'one' opinion, it's the [b]only opinion that matters when it comes to whether your flimsy digs find their mark. 😉[/b]
    "Digs". I can only recall 2 in the last few months. One to you and one to Suzziane.

So you actually only got one "dig" and you can say what you want but when you go bold like that I know you have been "dug" just a little ...😉
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 23:00
    You would rather just keep condemning a Christian.
    I am clearly not "condemning a Christian" here for being a Christian. Nothing of the sort. I am simply imploring you - and others brandishing accusations of Satanism - to embrace diversity of faith in this community and exercise some common decency.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '11 23:04
    Calling a fellow Christian "satanic" is just about the meanest thing you can think of to say, isn't it? How bitter faith can make some people when it turns into a kind sociopathic certainty!
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 00:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Calling a fellow Christian "satanic" is just about the meanest thing you can think of to say, isn't it? How bitter faith can make some people when it turns into a kind sociopathic certainty!
    He calls anyone who disagrees with his particular view of religion as satanic, including atheists.

He has a perfect reasoning to back it up...

Satan wants people to not believe in god (or believe in a false god) and thus go to hell rather
    than heaven.
    Satan doesn't care if you believe in him or not (less of an ego problem than god) so even those
    who don't believe in any of this nonsense are following satan.

It's faultless... if satan (or god) actually existed...

However bringing up the fact that he thinks everyone who doesn't follow his own particularly nutty
    brand of Christianity (he's a YEC which is where the particularly nutty comes from) is a Satanist
    is insulting and nicely ironically Un-Christian... in the way that Christians have been for millennia.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 00:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    A dig isn't a dig unless it digs.
    I can dig that.

And I hope I haven't dug myself into a hole by saying so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree